Status: Finished, sad, and sappy. What more could you possibly want in a letter?

My Last Letter (OC)

The letter

It's been four years now.

I'm trying to do my chemistry homework, but it's hard. Would you help me if you where here? We wouldn't be in the same science, but you were always good at it anyways. Do you remember when I'd always have to write your name on your papers, because your hand writing sucked? Mine wasn't any better.

Do you still think about me sometimes? Not even if it's fondly, I'm only asking for just a thought. I heard your name at school the other day. I almost got excited, though I doubt you'd want to see me. I probably heard wrong though. You aren't going to come back.

I miss you a lot. I miss your smile. I miss when we used to talk about why lemon juice was delicious or what new bands I found this week. I bet you're still listening to Reliant K and the Killers, like always. You wouldn't like the new stuff I'm listening too. I'm going through a folksy phase.

Do you like your preppy school? Must be nice to be in some fancy academy. You were always so cocky. I wish you could still annoy me. I still want to argue with you. I still want to laugh when you cross your arms and look like you're 2 years old and stomp off. It was so easy to make you smile again.

I wanna make you smile now, but you changed. You hurt me, and I hurt you. I guess we were just too stubborn and different to ever really get along. We had totally different mind sets, goals, beliefs, and personalities. I remember when we used to make it work. That's not good enough though. We were not only great, we were a balance of two different halves. We grounded and freed each other.

You were my best friend. You were the first one I trusted. Most of all, you were always there, even when I was not worth saving. I took it for granted, and I'm sorry. You don't care about me anymore, and I guess that's for the best. You don't need me anymore. I think this where I say I told you so.

This is my last letter to you. I learned my lesson. I think I'm just gonna smile now when I think of you, not cry. You really taught me a lot. You were the longest friend I had. To be honest, you've been the only one to care about me like how you did. I think we were the real deal, and that's what scared me the most. I was scared that we jumped into everything too soon, that we were too young, that we'd never work out. In the end we didn't. My fault.

You are going to great places, with great people, and by the looks of it, a wonderful girl at your side. I hope she makes you happy, and that you take good care of her too. I wish you nothing but the best in life, because that's what you deserve.

This is my goodbye. Hopefully, for the last time. There won't be any nice texts on Christmas, no good lucks on the mornings of exams, no happy birthdays, I promise. I'll leave you alone. I really don't know what else to tell you, other than what I said to you still stands.

I still care about you, and I do still love you.

Bye.