You Make Me Want to Punch You in the Face

Meeting the Band, Kind of

The others followed Ren outside. She walked around the building and there was a very small crowd of people hanging around. After a few minute Sammi was spotted next to a large man. Jinxx and Ashley were signing autographs and just talking to the random fans hanging around. Sammi waved excitingly once she saw Ren.

“Hey hey!”

Ren waved at her and walked over. Her two shocked friends trailing behind. “Hey Sammi. These are my friends Derrell and Chelsea.” Ren introduced her friends as she walked over. “What’s up guy, great show.” She threw out her hand to do one of those high five, to low five, to handshake bro introduction that she always did. Both guys wore an odd accepting smirk as they shook her hand. Derrell did the same thing while Chelsea just stood back and waved nervously.

“Thank you. My girl says you helped her out today.” Jinxx pointed to Sammi.

“Oh, OH!” Ren wore a shocked face as her delayed reaction kicked in. “You two are, okay… I feel dumb.” She just smiled and rubbed the back of her neck a little embarrassed. “I didn’t help her out all that much. It’s no big deal.”

“No big deal?” Derrell chimed in, he had become a very big fan of Ren’s superhero status. “Check this shit out.” Derrell had the best video of the take down saved on his phone.

Jinxx and Ashely looked at the video with minimal amusement. Once it got to the part where Ren rolled out of the fall they started paying more attention. Jinxx brought a hand to his mouth and let out an ‘Ohh’ while Ashley jumped with a ‘damn’ when the takedown occurred.

“Fuck man, that was awesome! And a right hook!” Jinxx ended up narrating the video.

Darrell hooked an arm around Ren’s neck. “I’m telling ya’ll, my girl knows what she’s doing.”

Ren held her hands up. “Whoa, not his girl.” She pointed to a very nervous Chelsea. “That’s his girl. I’m just that shitty third wheel.”

Derrell ‘Awwed’ and pouted at her before putting an arm around his girlfriend. The bodyguard that was standing next to Sammi got a majority of the video. He tapped Ren on the arm to get her attention and they started to talk. Meanwhile, Chelsea was timidly asking the boys for their autographs and Derrell was keeping an eye on Ashley’s wandering hands. Him being a slut and all.

“That was a pretty spectacular takedown.” Said the guard as he roughly shook her hand.

“Thank you man, thank you.”

“You spend all your time taking down bad guys?”

“No. Just most my time.” It made them both chuckle a little before Ren continued. “Naw, I learned it in the marines. Figured somebody needed to help her.”

“Oh wow, marines huh?”

“Ya, been a waiter and a bartender too. But I doubt you wanna hear about those.” She smiled and shoved her hands in her pockets. It was getting nippy out.

The guard continued, “Eh that’s not entirely true. Why are you working in a restaurant? You should be doing something physical.”

“Well ya know I was in the business before I got into the marines. Something happened my second year in the service and I needed to come back home.”
The bodyguard nodded his head to show he understood without asking uncomfortable questions. “Ever thought about personal security?”

“Naw, man. I mean it never really crossed my mind.”

“Well you should look into it. It’s not a cushy job, but we’re usually just human shields against puberty ridden girls.” That made Ren laugh and almost double over. “Glad you think it’s so funny, but they can get vicious. Especially when Andy’s around.” Ren was able to recover and held her hand in front of her mouth to hide her giggle. “Just saying, you may be a natural. There’s a school here in Texas. Huston I think, I can’t be sure. You should check it out.” Ren kind of shook her head and just huffed it off. “No I’m serious. Tell you what take this.” He pulled out a card and gave it to Ren. “It’s the number for Greg Tearnie, he’s head of warp tour security. You should call him.”

Ren overviewed the card before sticking it in her breast pocket. “I don’t know man. I mean… I guess.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll let him know to keep an ear out. What’s your full name?”

“Yanaba Renee Torres.”

“Ahh, you are going to need to write that down.” Ren chuckled as he pulled out a pen and another card for her to put her information on. After she gave it back Ashley walked over.

“Come on Mark, stop taking up the pretty lady’s time.” Ashley pointed to the guard, “You know he’s married right?” Mark chuckled and walked over to the two couples. “So beautiful, I don’t think I got your name.” He reached out and took Ren’s hand as if to shake it, but he didn’t let go. Ashley stroked the space between her thumb and index finger with his thumb.

‘What a player.’ “Go ahead and call me Ren. Everyone does.”

“Oh, then I won’t feel special. What’s your real name?” He pulled himself a little close to her.

Ren pulled him even closer till their faces were less than a foot away. Ashley smiled and brushed his tongue over his teeth. Ren surprised him, “You’ll never
know.” She clicked her tongue and winked at him before letting go of his hand and walking over to her friends.

Ashly made an “O” face that turned into a smirk as she walked away. He considered her a challenge. The small group spent some time getting to know each other like where they worked and how the band started playing music. Cameron from Asking Alexandria came out to have a smoke and started to talk to them. Ren smiled at his accent, she always had a thing for British boys. Ashley left soon after realizing Ren was not an easy girl. But, he made it a point to let Ren know he was available. He wanting to get some action before they had to leave, the girls in the green room could probably help with that. Cameron had been flirting with Ren for a while when Sammi brought up pictures.

“I don’t know Sammi, I’m not very photogenic.”

“What are you talking about, you’re beautiful.” Cameron stated, which made Ren smile and look away.

People had told Ren she was abnormally pretty though out her adulthood. It still didn’t make her feel any less awkward when her looks were brought into question. She had never really been one for makeup and often never wore more than a thin line of eyeliner. In school she was a tomboy and was made fun of a lot. After a bit of peer pressure she just rolled her eyes and gave in. Sammi fixed up Ren’s hair a little fixing then gave Jinxx her phone to take the picture. The first picture was a happy one, Ren wrapped an arm around Sammi’s hip and leaned her head into Sammi’s collarbone. Sammi wrapped an arm around her shoulder and held up a piece sign. They both smiled as Jinxx took the picture. Sammi wanted a group picture. So they all grouped up and Mark the bodyguard took the picture. The group examined the pictures, then Derrell suggested a video of Ren doing some crazy acrobatics.

“Oh I’m nowhere near drunk enough.”

Jinxx held up a hand in a hold-up way. “Haho, you will be.”

Ren looked at him questioningly, but all Jinxx did was wink at her and pulled out his phone. Soon after, a very sloshed CC joined them with a bunch of cups filled with liquor.

“Hello, ladies and gentlemen, hope you’re having a wonder evening.” CC said trying to maintain balanced.

Everyone was wearing an all knowing smile, yep they were getting shit faced. After introducing themselves everyone downed a few drinks. They were pretty strong, but Derrell and Ren had a high tolerance since they had worked in a bar for so long. Sammi and Chelsea had a harder time. By the time all the cups were empty everyone was drunk except for Derrell and Ren, they were still pretty buzzed though. The group talked and really got to know each other. But, there was a pretty high chance most of them wouldn’t remember it the next day. It didn’t take long for Sammi and CC to pull out there phones and everyone to shout ‘do it, do it!’ Ren decided ‘what the hell’ and did a few tricks. She started with a very wobbly hand stand. Then, she grabbed one leg and jumped through it with the other leg. She ran up the wall and flipped off it backward. Ren ended with her arms up in a ‘ta da’ pose. The audience seemed severely entertained, though that was probably due to their drunken state. Even some of the fans that had stayed extra late applauded.

“That was amazing!” Sammi exclaimed, but Ren just shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal.

She felt super uncomfortable once everyone started to complement her. It was almost 1, which meant the bus would be leaving soon. As they began hugging everyone the people that were chilling upstairs shuffled down. Jake was being supported by Ashley and Andy. He was way past drunk. Andy and Jake said hi as they made their way to the bus. Ren had always thought Andy was handsome, but being so close she was a little shocked at how beautiful she thought he was. Ashley made sure to wink at Ren before trying to get past the few remaining fan girls. Asking Alexandria was able to keep them at bay by signing and taking pictures. As the guys said their final goodbyes a very drunk Jinxx pulled Ren aside. He thanked her one more time for saving his girlfriend, very drunkingly, before Sammi helped him to the bus. The others soon followed, Cameron made sure to hold up a phone sign with his hand the mouthed ‘call me’ to Ren.

As the trio made there way back to the motel they stumbled and sang causing a bit of a ruckus in the process. When they finally got back to the room they all ended up passing out on the bed in a weird human fence position.