There's Oceans In-Between Us, but That's Not Very Far

Chapter 010

Image

I've been sitting in Corey's room for about 45 minutes watching him stepping out of his closet with different outfits on. He came out for about the 20th time with this tight orange shirt on and somewhat tight jeans but I'm pretty sure they weren't chick jeans. He turned in a circle with his arms out which made his shirt go up and cling to his stomach to reveal his boxers, a white belt and just a little bit of his stomach. Yeah it was cute.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"Keep the jeans. Lose the shirt," I said.

He took the shirt off and threw it in the pile that was forming on his bed. He went back into his closet and I heard hangers squeaking on metal.

"Do you even have anymore shirts in there? They're like all out here," I said leaning my back against the pile of shirts.

"Oh there's plenty in here. Believe me," He yelled back. "I think I found the one."

He wants to impress my mom so much. I keep telling him that it's not worth it, but he just keeps on wanting to do something that he thinks she'll like. Hence why he's trying on so many clothes. He walked out with the jeans on from the last time and a white collared shirt. Let me tell you he did not look bad at all. He did another 360 and I couldn't find one thing wrong with this one.

"I love it," I said smiling at him.

"Now we got one thing down. What about my hair? She can't like this," he said running his hand through his hair. I didn't think it looked bad. Sure it was a little messing, but isn't that like the BMX look next to helmet/hat hair?

"Corey it's fine. Who cares what she thinks," I said standing up in front of him.

"I care. If she hates me, she'll be against us hanging out and you coming to my contests. Come on. You're a chick. You're good with the hair thing right?" he said walking into his bathroom. I followed him and he started 'trying' to fix his hair.

"It's looks fine. Trust me."

"Do I look sexy?" he asked in this cute voice.

"Yes you look very sexy," I said smiling at him.

"But I don't think me looking sexy will win over your mom," he said looking at himself in the mirror. "You have to think something would look better than this," he said messing with his hair more.

"Do you have hair gel?" I asked.

He got this blue gel stuff out and placed it on the counter. He sat down on the counter so I could reach him better. Yay for being short... or maybe he's just too tall.

"Anything is possible with hair gel," I said picking the bottle up and squeezing some into my hand.

I work it into his hair trying the spiky look... Nope not for Corey... The front a little pushed up... no it just doesn't look right... slicked back... no way... um... I don't know. I ran out of ideas.

"What about this?" he asked.

I took my hands away from his hair and he started styling it. He ended up looking really good. By this time most of the gel had been worked out so his hair didn't look greasy. He did it so that most of the bangs that he had were going across his forehead. It's not the 'emo look', but maybe a step or two down from that. I really liked it on him though.

"What do you think?" he asked standing up.

"Do you even have to ask? I love it," I said fixing the end just a little of it wasn't flared out as much. He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around me. He led me back into his bedroom and we sat on his bed.

"I'm nervous. You're mom scares me," he said.

I could tell he really was. He doesn't seem like someone who would change like this for someone.

"Try living with her for 18 years."

"Yeah that would suck."

We both laughed at this. Neither of us said anything for a while. For some reason all I could think about was that stupid magazine. I got to thinking more. It started making sense now. How he got into that bar before everyone the other night and how he had that nice couchie area. I still can't believe he didn't tell me. I wanted to be so mad at him right now, but I looked over at him and he was looking at me with the cutest look.

"What?" I asked. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I don't know. I was just thinking," he said.

"About what?"

"It's a bad idea. No," he said trying to push it away.

"No idea is a bad idea. Tell me," I said taking his hand. He didn't come right out and say it right away, but he finally did.

"If this dinner thing doesn't work out, why don't we just sneak out and go? They can't really do anything can they? The worst thing they could do is get extremely mad, but I guess they would get over it."

I love the way he thinks. That is such a great idea.

"But I'd have to tell my dad. Just so they don't like issue a missing person thing or something."

"So after dinner, weather or not your mom says yes or no?"

"I'm excited now," I said kind of jumping on his bed on my knees. He just smiled at me.

"You just might want to pack a few clothes. We're going to be gone for the week," he said joining me. I just happened to glance over at the clock and saw that it said 5.

"Well, I'm going to get ready for this interesting dinner," I said attempting to get off his bed. It kind of didn't happen. He pulled my against him and laid back.

"Corey, I have to go," I said trying not to laugh.

"No. I want you to stay. You look fine anyway."

"But I have to be home."

"No. Don't think so."

I tried wiggling out of his arms, but it didn't really work. I stayed still for a few seconds trying to think of a way to get free. Lets see... I wonder if I could reach his neck... I inched up closer to him and kissed his neck a few times so he didn't know what I was doing. After the 4th kiss I bit down and didn't let go causing him to yell in pain/surprise.

"Ok ok ok ok," he said removing his arms from me.

I let go and stood up. I looked at the spot on his neck and see a mark form. Yeah, that could be a problem. He stood up too and put his arms around me again. Not this again. He started doing the same thing I did with kissing his neck.

"No. I don't need to go home with a hickie on my neck," I said pushing his head away.

"Now that's not very fair. We should match," he said trying it again.

"Later. I need to get home," I said trying to walk towards his door. He walked with me but his arms were still around me. I made it to his front door where I stopped.

"So I guess I have to let go now?" he said looking 'disappointed'.

"Yeah, you kind of have to."

"So I'll see you in like an hour," he said removing one arm. Now if he would just move the other one.

"If you would let me go," I said smiling at him.

"I think I like this," he said putting his other arm back around me.

"I do too, but I really need to go," I said trying to pry his arms off of me. It did work. I turned to walk away but he pulled me back... Now what?

"Can I have a kiss? One that doesn't involve biting and leaving marks," he said smiling.

I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and jumped off his porch. I figured that wasn't what he wanted, but I had to get home to get ready. I walked inside my house and mom was cooking. She looked at me and went back to stirring something.

"Where were you?" she asked not moving her focus from the pot.

"Corey's. He wanted some female opinion on his clothes and hair," I said trying to go upstairs.

"What don't you understand about not seeing him?" she asked obviously getting mad.

"Everything... I just choose not to listen," I said giving her a big smile and continuing to go upstairs.