There's Oceans In-Between Us, but That's Not Very Far

Chapter 014

Image

Matt and I have been home for a few weeks now, and everything is finally starting to feel normal. I've been hanging out with Jake and Kelly again. God I missed them so much. Matt and I have been getting along really well. It's so surprising. But the main thing is that I haven't talked to Corey in anyway… It's not that he hasn't called or IMed, I just figured things would be a lot 'better' if I didn't communicate with him for a while. He usually calls about the same time every night. 8:24. But tonight he didn't. It's 8:25 I'm not stressing over it…. It's kind of nice. Sitting here watching a movie with Jake, Kelly, and Matt in silence…. But of course someone knocks on the door. I figured it was one of Matt's friends. He did tell me that he invited a couple. He answered the door and stood there for a few seconds. But he didn't say anything. That's what really got my attention. He finally came back into the room and looked at me.

"It's for you," he said casually and sat back down.

I really didn't think anything of it and went to the door. When I did, I couldn't breathe. Seeing Corey there just gave me all these weird feelings. I seriously wanted to jump into his arms and just have him hold me, but I didn't want myself to feel this way.

"Do you have a minuet to actually talk to me?" he asked.

He didn't seem upset but he didn't seem too happy either. I shook my head and stepped outside with him. We walked down the sidewalk for a little bit until he finally started talking.

"Can I finally explain to you why I told you to go with your mom now?" he asked.

He seemed a little annoyed. I don't really blame him though. I shook my head again and waited for him to start talking.

"You should know that your mom was not going to let you stay with me there. She was going to do anything to get you to go with her. So just to save the argument, I told you to go with her. I didn't think you would get all pissed. I just thought that you would get what I was trying to do and go with it, but I guess not… I would say sorry, but I don't feel sorry about anything. Maybe the saying sorry's up to you," he finished.

"Why should I be sorry?" I snapped at him… Maybe not the smartest thing to do at the time.

"You're kidding me right? I just explained everything to you, and you're not sorry for reacting like you did or not answering my phone calls?"

Yeah… Not real smart of me to snap at him.

"Corey I just don't know what to do. If we did continue this, how would it work out? I mean there's a huge ocean in-between us."

"But Ams, that's not very far."

Where the hell did he learn mileage? It takes what?… A good 14 hour to get to Australia.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's not far if I don't live in Brisbane anymore."

"What?" I seriously stopped walking and stared at him.

"Sponsors were impressed enough that they sent me over here. I got a nice little house not too far from here either," he said with a cute smile forming on his face.

"For how long?" I asked wanting to knock him down a few pedestals

"Two years. And if they're still impressed another 2 years. I'm staying longer," he said as his smile formed completely and he crossed his arms.

"You are good," I said smiling now.

"So… Corey I love you and I'm sorry…" he said.

"I’m sorry, Corey," I said and jumped up into his arms. He kissed me and I pulled away to look into his eyes. I missed them so much. I could get lost in them forever.

"and…" he said smiling again.

"And what?" I asked smiling back as he put me back on the ground.

"No I love you? I came all the way from Brisbane and all I get is a kiss and I'm sorry?"

"Yeah but that was for your sponsors," I said teasing him.

"But I didn't come to your house because of my sponsors."

"How did you find my house?"

"A little birdie told me," he said while he put his arm around me and starting leading my back to the house.

"What birdie?" I asked turning to look at him.

"You know it's amazing what can happen when you confess that you love someone's daughter."

"Whoa… Wait… My mom told you?" I asked and stopped. He just shook his head and smiled his sexy smile again. "Just because you said that you loved me?" I asked. This really surprised me. If she hated Corey that much, then why would she tell him where I lived?

"Corey, I love you," I said after a few seconds of thinking.

"Wha… What… Say that again," He said smiling once again.

"I love you!" I yelled this time.

"I love you too!" He yelled back.

"What the hell are you guys doing? The neighbors are going to call the cops on you two," Matt said who was standing on the porch.

"Confessing our love for each other," I said while pulling Corey by the hand up to the front door. Matt just shook his head and walked in with us.

"Do we finally get to meet him?" Kelly asked as all three of us walked into the room.

"Yes. Finally. Corey these are my two amazing friends: Jake and Kelly. My two amazing friends Jake and Kelly, this is my wonderful boyfriend that I love so very much: Corey…. While you guys get to know each other I really need to make a phone call," I finished before anyone could say anything and ran up the stairs. I picked up the phone and dialed my parents.

"Hello?" my mom answered.

"When did you talk to Corey?" I asked, for some reason, really happy right now.

"He came a few days ago all upset because how you left," she said. She sounded like she was in a good mood. This is good.

"Yeah but… What happened? How did he change your opinion about him?"

"He sat down with me and actually talked. He convinced me that he does really love you. I figured if he feels that way towards you, he should be with you and I shouldn't interfere."

Oh my god… Did Corey hit her over the head or hypnotize her or something?

"You're serious? You don't care if Corey and I are together?"

"No. You're obviously happy with him and he does seem like a real nice guy once I talked to him. And hopefully this will clear a few things up with us."

"I can not tell you how happy I am that you finally got to know him," I said not being able to describe how happy I was.

"I'm happy for you… Now go be with your man."

I could tell a smile formed on her face. I used to have the best relationship with my mom, but my parents moving pulled us apart… a lot. Now it just seems almost back to that point of what it used to be.

"Ok… I'll try to call you tomorrow."

"Bye honey," she said and we both hung up.

I went back downstairs, stopped at the bottom of the step, and looked at Corey. I nodded my head towards the back door and walked out it. A few seconds later here he comes.

"Make your phone call?" he asked as he pulled me into his arms.

"Sure did. My mom seems to really support us now," I said while looking up at him and smiling.

"I have a way with parents," He said and kissed my forehead.

Sounds like things haven't changed between us… Well minus the 'I love you' part, but lets just hope it stays that way. We'll take it one day at a time.