Status: complete but posting

A Twist in the Story

Prologue

A twist in the story

'animal speak'
"Humanspeak"
"other languages"

The Prologue: Cora's Beginning

Corvina Aislynn Black (Cora) was born in 1928. There were unfortunate complications with her birth, she was Premature and her mother unfortunately did not survive the birthing process, Cora's weak body could not handle the stress and her dormant x-gene partially activated turning her half feral from birth. Her healing saved her life. But her survival was not a happy occasion. She looked just like her mother with Black hair and mismatched eyes: one green and one purple. Her father couldn't handle it and took to ignoring/ neglecting the child.

Now the Blacks were a very well off family and a Maid took care of Cora until she was about seven, it was then that she started to develop other aspects of her mutant genes. She could speak to animals, her canines grew longer, and her ears developed a slight point. The maid took notice and shunned the girl as if she was unnatural. She informed the Cora's father of the changes. He had the girl locked into the attic room and had the maid call a priest. Thinking the child was possessed, the priest tried to exorcise Cora's ‘demon’ multiple times only to have the child attack him in fear, her instincts taking over. She was left alone after that and locked away from the world in the attic. Cora grew to resent her family as the years passed and withdrew into her mind and refused to speak except to the pair of large stray cats that visited her through the windows, a large Maine coon who she called Rasta and a lanky Savanna cat she named Pan.

Things took a turn for the worst just before her 11th birthday. Her father’s brother came to live with them he took an interest in Cora almost immediately. Cora knew something was different about this man and it wasn't a good different. There was something dark and almost slimy about him she could feel it.

The night of her 11th birthday he crept into her room. The look he gave her meant nothing good for her. She cowered back and growled, her cats hid in the shadows of the room. "You're such a pretty girl, Cora." her uncle leered and grabbed at her, pushing her tiny frame down on to the floor. Cora hissed and pushed his face away from her. He slapped her, stunning her and ripped the buttons away from her dress. The cats reacted then determined to protect the little feral. Pan lunged at the man’s face scratching at him while Rasta jumped on to his shoulders and dug sharp claws in to his scalp the man screamed and back handed the lanky cat away stunning it much like it's human. Then grabbed Rasta by the scruff and flung him into a wall. The Maine coon Yowled in pain as it struck, startling the girl from her fear induced haze. Seeing her only friends hurt she felt her fear bleed away into fury. She roughly kneed the man in the stomach then launched herself forward and latched her fangs into his throat locking her jaw and growled deep in her chest. Her uncle let out a gurgling scream as he attempted to pull her off only to have her fangs sink deeper. He fell onto his back with a thump and struggled with the child he finally removed her but as he pulled her away she took a large bloody chunk of his throat with her.

Pan had retreated to the shadows with Rasta as he heard pounding footsteps coming up the stairs. Mr. Black slammed the door open to see his brother lying dead on the floor with his throat at torn open and the little freak standing over him her mouth smeared with blood and flesh. The maids that had come with him gasped in fear and horror at the sight. He yelled at one of them to call the asylum.
Cora howled in pain as she was dragged and thrown into the tiny bathroom by her father. The door slammed and locked behind her. She whimpered and called to her cats when she heard the door of the attic room slam shut 'Pan! Rasta!? Are you there? What’s going on?' the cats scratched the door to show they were there.

'I'm sorry master we can't open the door the lock is too high.' Pan meowed.

'We are both fine master. And you ended the cruel human.' Rasta spoke hissing the last part.

'Good. Now listens Rasta, Pan, the humans are sending me away. I want you to both take care of each other.' the cats hissed in displeasure.

'NO master we follow you. That’s what we swore when we took your blood. Where ever they send you we will follow.' the Maine coon snarled and the savanna hissed in agreement. Now Cora was a very smart girl regardless of her lack of education. She was quite aware that she wasn't completely human, so when Pan and Rasta had first stumbled through the broken attic window bloody and near death when she was eight. She had fed them her blood hoping and praying that it would save them as it had her. Miraculously it had and they continued to heal at a rapid rate from then on.

The child leaned against the door 'fine have it your way. But stay hidden I don't want you seen, they would kill you if they caught you.' they both hissed their agreement and moved away from the door to hide. The trio heard multiple people tromping up the stairs and Cora moved away from the door pressing herself against the bathroom cabinets hissing as the door opened to reveal her father and a wicked looking older man in a depressing black suit and gray waist coat. The wicked man was flanked by two bulky men dress in drab gray wool clothes with leather gloves. He grinned at her maliciously, showing off crooked aged teeth motion the two orderlies forward. The men snatched her up roughly and she kicked and scratched snarling and snapping her teeth at the gloved hands. They tied her hands and dragged her down the narrow stairs and out of the house. In the drive was a large vehicle with mesh windows and the asylums name printed on the side. The doors were pulled open and she was tossed inside like a rag doll. Before the doors closed she saw Pan and Rasta's gold eyes glowing from the bushes waiting to follow. She grinned. The metal doors slammed closed.

TBC...
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: There will be more dialogs in other chapters promise. r&r please let me know what you think...