Status: complete but posting

A Twist in the Story

chapter 1: The Asylum

A twist in the story

'animal speak'
"Humanspeak"
"other languages"

Chapter 1: The Asylum

Cora stood naked and tied in the center of the concrete room as they sprayed her down to rid her of blood. Afterword’s a young severe looking woman entered with a pair of sheers and had the orderlies tie her to a chair. She quickly went about chopping off Cora's long hair. "Such a shame really." the woman had muttered "such beautiful hair." Cora didn't react to any of the process except to growl menacingly when the woman clipped a bit too close to one of her slightly pointed ears.

Shortly after, Cora was forced in to a pair of black stretchy shorts and a durable gray straight jacket. She surprisingly found that she liked it. at least while the arms were loose. She was escorted into a dingy office where she was reintroduced to the man from her house, he was holding a file and sneering at her bored appearance. "Do you know why your here Miss Black?" Cora didn't respond. Even if she defended herself the humans wouldn't listen, to them she was just a freak and apparently also an insane blood thirsty monster. She grinned to herself. Not realizing how it would probably look to the man inspecting her.

The man narrowed his eyes at her behavior and wrote in the folder. He looked back at the girl in front of him, who was now starring off to her left boredly. "Miss Black My Name is director Moore. The information from your file tells me that you attacked a priest as a child, told your maid you could speak to animals, refused to socially interact with your family and most recently have begun acting like a wild animal which resulted in the murder of your uncle. Is this true?" again the Cora ignored him. Director Moore scowled. "Pay attention when I speak to you girl!" he grabbed Cora's face and made her look at him. She growled and bit the finger closest finger to her mouth. Moore yelled in pain and slapped her. She glared hatefully and bared her fanged teeth. "FRANKLIN!" a tall orderly stepped through the door "take our guest to her new home." Franklin nodded and laced the girls straight jacket, pulling her carefully along by the back of her neck.

Her 'home' was on the first floor. There was a single thread bare mattress on the floor in one corner it was accompanied with a ratty gray quilt and a pillow. There was a toilet and a sink against the wall across from the bed and a small unpaned but barred window set high into the wall opposite the heavy metal door. She grinned. Perfect.

Cora lay comfortably on the mattress as the orderly had undone her arms when they reached the room. She dozed lightly for maybe an hour when she heard noise from the window. She opened her mismatched eyes and watched as a pair of cats perched between the bars in the window. She smiled gently 'Pan, Rasta. I'm here.' The cats immediately jumped from the window and into the room the curled around her on the bed.

‘You’re safe!' Pan purred, He was the biggest worrier she had ever seen and was such a mother hen. He nuzzled his head in to her now short hair. Rasta merely curled to her side and butted his head into her ribs affectionately. Cora hugged them both.

'Remember no one is allowed to see you.' both cats dipped their heads obediently. She smiled as she drifted back into a light sleep.

TBC...
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: okay so the first few chapters are going to basically lay the ground work for Cora's future personality traits and issues they are going to be relatively short sweet and to the point only really touching on the most important things other details can be brought up later. there is part two of the asylum next and she will be older and it will also include more cruelty and her imminent escape. bwahahahahah lol ttyl~