Status: complete but posting

A Twist in the Story

Chapter 2: Asylum, part 2

A twist in the story

'animal speak'
"Humanspeak"
"other languages"

Chapter 2: Asylum, part 2

Four years. Four long, hellish, and obnoxiously boring years. Cora snarled as she lay on her bed trying to contain the shaking, her latest bout with the electroshock 'therapy' hadn't gone over well. She had fried the machine and her body was having more trouble than normal dealing with the new influx of electricity. She snapped her fangs and sparks flew. The treatment had started two months ago and instead of it slowly destroying her brain and deteriorating her mind further her feral healing ability made her body adapt, but stunted the rest of her feral abilities in the process. The electricity became a part of her and she could use it and absorb it, but it had to resettle every time she was shocked, which was painful. The pair of felines at her side watched her worriedly. 'Master?' Pan nudged her and Cora hissed.

'I'll be fine go on ahead, and stick to the plan it WILL work. It has to...’ the cats nodded and leapt through the window.

The petite feral hissed as her body seized again. She was at her max capacity, which meant she couldn't hold anymore and she needed to discharge some of the excess electricity. She grinned. Good bye mister orderly. The unfortunate man who brought her meals and liked to smack her around entered, Thomas, she believed his name was. She smirked as he dropped the dinner tray to the ground and turned to leave; she leapt from the bed and locked her legs around his waist from behind. Her straight jacket sleeves wrapping around the front of his mouth and throat, to muffle the screams. She sunk her fangs in to his neck until she felt the elongated canines graze his spine at which point she released the excess electricity and fried the man's nervous system and probably his brain... oh well. She grinned as she felt him begin to drop.

Cora glared down at the body, the resentment she had once only held for her family and evolved over the years into a loathing towards humanity in general. She pulled the keys off the corpse and unlocked her door. She peaked out and saw the halls clear. She crept towards the kitchens, deliveries were supposed to be made tonight after the kitchen was cleared from dinner. It’s surprising how loose tongued people seem to be around supposed loonies. Eventually Cora made it to the kitchen; it was momentarily empty as well. She had just enough time to slip in and hide behind a pair of large trash receptacles near the back door, before said door swung open and an elderly man waddled in with a crate filled with what appeared to be turnips. She rushed through the door before it closed and pressed herself into a wall's shadow. The man hadn't seen her.

She waited in the shadows for another few minutes until finally she saw the familiar pair of cats perch themselves on the opposite wall. The three buried themselves in the back of the truck in part of a broken crate that was partially covered by a torn tarp. They heard the man enter and leave the truck a number of times transferring multiple crates. Thankfully, they were not found. Cora sighed in relief when she heard the back of the truck slam shut, the old man climbed into the cab and they the engine rumble to life.

Cora sat in fearful silence for what seemed like and probably was hours. Slowly the van pulled to a stop and she put all her senses on high alert. She heard the cab door open and close, then the man's uneven steps as he moved away from the van, there was a creaking of old wood and then another door. Cora carefully woke Pan and nudged Rasta ahead. 'Go scout ahead’ the cat nodded and slipped to the rear door, she cracked it open and let him out.

It was a few minutes before he returned 'the old one has gone to his den. He won’t see us if we leave now as long as we keep to the shadows.' Cora nodded and slipped out of the van with Pan at her heals. The carefully snuck through the yard and off the property.

When they reached the dirt road she stopped. 'Which way?' she looked at the cats that both raised their noses to the air and turned opposite directions.

'The left smells strongly of human I suspect they have dwellings that direction.' Pan hissed out
'The right smells faintly of both human and animal. There may be a forest or abandoned human dwellings?' Rasta meowed; both cats looked to her waiting for instructions.

Cora hissed. 'No more humans, they only bring misery and pain. We will survive on our own.' she turned and started down the road to the right.

TBC...
♠ ♠ ♠
a/n: yup ch3... so next chappie is gonna introduce our favorite brothers . now work with me and keep an open mind they will be themselves but Victor and Cora are going to have a different kind of relationship she brings out the more family oriented side in him much like james/logan does. Cora is going to be very iffy about Logan at first since he more strongly resembles a human in both looks and mannerisms. Wolverine is for the most part going to be refered to as james or jimmy (always by victor and cora) but will be called logan by other characters later on.