Status: Work in progress. Bare with me.

The End of All Things

Wonderwall

Kenzie got out of her car and made her way to the back of the Brooks’ home. Over the years she had began to take the front door and actually knock, less and less. But since Lincoln normally did the same thing whenever he came to her house, neither of their parents minded anymore. She had only seen his car outside so she assumed his sister had gone back to school and his parents had gone to their respective places.

“Linc?” She called walking into the kitchen closing the door.

Of course no answer. Before she decided to go figure out where he had been she grabbed a cookie and took a bite making her way to the living room. “Lincoln.” She said in a singsong voice as she jogged up the stairs. Every door but his had been opened, and since he had just broken up with Heather, she knew nobody was over. To be nice, she knocked on the door a couple of times before repeating his name. Since there was had been a small sound of movement but the door stayed closed. She sighed lightly and opened the door.

He had been right on his bed looking at his celling and she could hear the faint sounds of Oasis through his headphones. Part of her wanted to laugh, knowing her friend but the other part knew that would be wrong. She sat down on one side and moved the right headphone from his ear. “You know you can’t sit in the dark and listen to I’m Outta Time for the rest of your life.”

Lincoln only glanced at her before returning the headphone to his ear.

A strong huff escaped Kenzie’s lips as she watched Lincoln continue to sulk over the next minute. Now she had to be harsh. “Okay, what you are not going to do tonight is say or think anything about her. Got it?” She started as she walked more into his room. “I could understand that you guys broke up and you are depressed and all but this is a little much.” She opened the blinds to let in the light of the Saturday afternoon.

He finally moved his headphone and sighed. “Kenz, I’m fine. You can go home.”

“You are not fine. She hurt you, and you sitting here is not going to make you feel better and it is only going to give her satisfaction. Now get your ass up, put your shoes on, we are going for a walk. I’m pretty sure you haven’t left the house since you got home on Thursday, which means you need fresh air.” She urged grabbing a pair of his shoes and holding them up for him as he sat up.

He could only look at her and shake his head. He was only getting up because he knew she was right about him needing air. The rest he wasn’t too sure about, but he knew Kenzie meant well by whatever it was she was doing.

♠ ♠ ♠


“…I honestly don’t get it. I did nothing to her, I was there for her, hell, I remembered the stupid date for that two-month anniversary. Who celebrates that shit anyway? It’s two months.” Lincoln continued to walk and vent to his best friend. She didn’t mind it; at least he wasn’t keeping everything in like she knew he could.

“She’s a bitch.” She only shrugged. It wasn’t like Kenzie liked Heather in the first place. She always had the instinct that she would mess everything up, but Linc was happy and she never wanted to interfere with that.

“You know what, it doesn’t matter. I’m over it.” He came to a stop and put his hands up, dropping them back down. “She is free to do who she wants, we graduate next month and I’m going to make the most of it.”

A small smile came up onto her face. “That’s what I like to hear. Besides, you have barely been single through high school anyway so this is just what you need.” Kenzie advised as she came to a stop with him. “Live it up.”

Again, she was right. Well, as always she was right. He hadn’t been by himself at all and on top of that she was consistently there through it all. She was the one who pulled him out of whatever funk some girl put him in, yet she never expected anything from it. And if that hadn’t been enough, she was just always there for him period.

While he continued to think, he had begun to zone out a little starting to stare at Kenzie. He had always known it, but she was beautiful, beyond beautiful if there was a word for it. Once she had realized that he was staring her brow slowly raised. “Linc? Are you okay?”

“Yeah… Just thinking.” He drew out.

There was something he wanted to try. Weather he could pull it off or not had become the real question. “You have something on your eye.”

“I do?” She asked meaning to close one eye, but of course closing both like she usually did. She started to wipe it lightly. “Did I get-“

Before she could finish her sentence she had felt Lincoln’s lips on hers. At first she had began to mentally freak out but after a moment calmed down. Neither of them knew exactly what they were doing, but both had kissed back anyway. It felt right to the both of them.

Everything just felt right at that moment.

Everything continued to feel right. From each day they dated, to the day they got married, and even the days after...
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Song

Okay, so I am revamping the story right now, which just means some things will be changed and/or added. So bare with me while I go through that process. It's going to be a slightly different from before so don't expect everything to stay the same!

My first story in two years!

Hopefully I get to finish this one.

This slightly sucks, but it will get better I promise. Subscribe, comment, rec, do whatever. Let me know what you think!