Footprints of a vampire

Aliz Jones.

High school; it can be the best days of your life or the worst - depends on how you look at things, how you perceive certain people and situations and how they perceive you. There must be a book some where with rules written on how a school should run, not normal everyday rules but different rules - teenage rules. Like I swear we all seem to follow the same thing and unintentionally cluster ourselves into dumb high school groups. I, however don't know what I come under, I'm not exceptionally clever and know it and like to brag about it, I'm not particularly interested in sports, I don't sleep with every guy who looks my way, I don't feel the need to bully a complete random and I most certainly don't sit in the corner with fear of making eye contact with other people. I'm just me, a very strange me, I’d like to say I was normal but then again what is normal and what isn't normal?

I go by the name of Aliz Jones and yes I'm half English and half French - lucky me. My mom's French and she moved to England when she married my English father, speaking of my father; I don't know where he is, neither of us know or care of his whereabouts. He decided to abandon me and my mother when I was just 5 - let's leave it at that. My mom's constantly warning me from English boys now, she, for some reason has it in her head that I'll some how find myself pregnant and deserted too - gee thanks for the support mother.

"Aliz, zi Eeenglish garcon is trés evil, he will be leaving you wiz zi baby and hurt you!" She says every time I bring home a lovely English boyfriend.

I moved to a new high school a couple of days ago, and I thought it was alright until I found out the ins and outs of the school and the students attending it.

You have smelly boys, that don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.
You have hot boys, who own the school and most of the sport's teams.
You have bitchy girls, who bitch about anything and everything, most of them are sluts.
You have nice girls, who are nice no matter what, and are just…so nice…it's creepy.
You have weird people...don't get me started with these ones!
You have geeks...No I won't join the chess club or any other star trek club you're pestering me about!
You have floaters. Floaters are cool.

I guess I'm a floater.

Floaters are people who have one or two friends, we don't stick around in one place for long, we don't form our own group, and we're just there. We can't be called a major group in the so called "social status." because there are not enough of us to be something. We keep ourselves to ourselves, and that's it. I was lucky to have made a friend on my first day of school, when I say make a friend, I mean the teacher forced her to show me around and then we started talking and realised that we had much more in common then we thought. Her name's Nikki - Nikki's cool in her own strange way, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Together we form our 2 person posse which is good enough for us. So yeah anyway...back to me, there is nothing much to know other than...I have messy dyed black hair with a few blonde bits. I have brown eyes and snakebites, which I occasionally have to take out, because the principle likes to go against every thing we do.

I'm average height and the only thing I have going for me is my talent at singing. No not opera or anything. Singing in general. Like anything. The local pubs and clubs book me sometimes, just to do a few songs. I don't write my own songs though, that's my mom's job...I also do covers sometimes. It's a big part of my life and I've been practicing and waiting for my big break for some time now. And that's about as fun as my life gets.

So that was some background, onto the present now;

My body shot up as the thought of being late hit me once more, I hated waking up this early but I had to, I woke up quickly and panic rushed through me, please say the clock was dead and it didn't really read that time! It was second week in of school already and I was late enough times, I really needed a new way of dragging myself out of bed in the mornings! I hurried and got myself dressed super quickly; grabbing my bag I bolted down the stairs and went for the front door.

"Aliz! Voulez-vous le petit déjeuner?" My mother was saying something about breakfast.

"J'ai suis en retard! Au'revoir mama!" I shouted leaping out of my house, hoping she heard that I was once again late and therefore had no time for breakfast - like usual!

I rounded the corner and bumped into Nikki.

"Late again Jones!" She exclaimed tapping her watch in a funny manner.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, couldn't sleep last night, I'm so nervous!" I chattered.

"You're an awesome singer Jones, don't worry you'll blow the agent away, and you'll be making millions!" Nikki laughed as we began to walk at an increased pace.

I loved Nikki; she always saw the bright side of everything and always called me Jones. But sometimes it was a constant reminder of my father who I pretty much hated. Of course I hadn't told her that. I hadn't told anyone about my family or anything, just that I was half French.

We paced down the hill; I could just make out the school gates a few yards ahead. Just as we started laughing about something random we heard some car beeps continuously ring out in an annoying fashion. We both turned our heads to see a car slow down slightly and the window roll down.

We both rolled our eyes at the same time, thinking the same thing when Matt's head popped out of the window, his face plastered with his usual arrogant smirk.

"Hey Nikki, looking rather nice today...wondering Friday night I'm free - " Jay Conley, one of the school's hottest guys winked. He was in the driver's seat.

Before he could finish his sentence Nikki cut in.

"I can see why." Nikki said blankly, giving him one of her plain...looks, I loved those looks, I knew she was joking but that look of hers made her look progressively more intimidating and sarcastic.

He wasn't expecting that, I watched as a red tinge crept up his cheeks slightly, his hands tightened on the steering wheel and his jaw clenched. I couldn't contain my amusement at the sight of him so I let it out, I laughed. Causing the dimwits attention to focus on me.

"Oh! Bonjour Aliz! What did you have for breakfast this morning? Snails on toast?" Matt Baines, another one of the school's conceited boy yelled, making me cringe.

"Aha! Actually I had you're mother's vagina, it looked quite horrifying...but then it would if it had something like you pop out of it." I grinned at my on the spot comeback, but squirmed at my choice of words, high school was the only place I used such profound language.

I watched as Jay's eyes widened in his own entertainment and he tried not to laugh as an angry Matt growled in disgust - just the reaction I was hoping from him.

"She got you good." Jay laughed nudging him in the elbow repeatedly.

"Shut up Jay! Drive!" Matt ordered through gritted teeth, hitting him back. This little scene was rather funny in itself; both Nikki and I had retorted with good comebacks and caused the two best friends a mini fight.

Nikki snorted with laughter.

"Watch it Jones, just watch it." Matt glared at me before they drove off.

I caught the glare; it wasn't like anything I'd received before. It was almost deadly, his eyes narrowed in loathing and his expression twisted into something that looked like hatred. It made me feel slightly scared as the image re-ran through my mind; I shrugged this thought away as we walked into school.

Boy this was going to be a long day.

I had already had enough arguments with Matt since I started this school and I hated how with every encounter, our abhorrence seemed to grow for each other.

Part of me kept reminding myself to keep a look out; I was looking over my shoulder more because one of the first things I heard when I came to this new school was about Matt. How he "rolled", how he "ruled" and how he got people back. Most importantly, how he didn't get people back nicely.

I shuddered walking into my first class; maths, the teacher wasn't here yet so the class was in uproar, shouting and throwing stuff at people they didn't like, it was like a circus.

I found my way to my seat safely and sat down, only to find my chair being kicked hard causing me to jump up in shock. I sighed and turned around to glare at the culprit when I was once again met by that very same glare that sent shivers down my spine.

"Watch it Jones." Matt whispered.

I turned around quickly not wanting to be the object of his glower, as much as I wanted to turn around and thump him in the face, his words rang through my mind again. On one hand I wanted to show him that I wasn't going to back down but on the other hand I was starting to feel that I should back down. But then again, I thought in protest, I was a girl, he wouldn't do anything too bad, would he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Quizilla is being gay.
I'm going back and editing and re posting.
Bare with me.
:(