Footprints of a vampire

The journal.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I sat there my mind undecided but leaning towards asking her some questions, but I was uncertain because I didn't want to experience another shouting from her, and what if she started crying? I can't deal with people crying, especially women.

As the film finished she got up to put the bowl down on the table, she bit her lip and I wondered what she was thinking, her brown eyes shifted around the room, and still I wondered what she was thinking.

"Aliz?" She asked again as I was lost in thought myself.

"Mhm?" I asked.

Sh walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

Oh dear. Awkward.

"I love you very very much and I was just wanting you to know, nothing vill or can ever come between us because we is only having each other no matter what." She said against my ear.

I was touched. No seriously.

Okay who am I kidding, I felt like pulling away and laughing her face.

But I wasn't that much of a bastard to do that, instead I watched her smile weakly and walk out of the room.

I sighed; Aliz's life was seriously...boring.

I went back into my room and dug around my bag, in an attempt to pull out the maths book I withdrew my hand to see a book. It was light purple and had strips of dark blue glitter and sequins stuck across it in rows.

There were short tassels on the edges and it looked spotless, brand new...untouched.

I realised it was her journal and I smirked, finally something interesting.

I flopped on my bed and opened the book. The inside cover was decorated with song lyrics and words; I read them and didn't understand why or how they were linked together.

Looking at the first page I saw a picture, it was painted in shades of gold fading into orange and reds, and then there was a sea of greens and blues.

I stared at it for a moment before I backed my head further away to see the overall picture, it was a sunset.

There was a little title in the corner reading Sunset at Beau de la Plage

It was magnificent, the colours blending into one another creating a beautiful effect.

Although I was too cool to actually say it out loud for that would be verbally admitting it and I have a rep. you know.

I turned the page to see some writing; good here comes the interesting bit.

I read the little paragraph; it was in a messy handwriting.

"...Me and mummy had a nice time today, we went for a picnic in St Mary's Park, it was fun, we fed the duckies and had some ice cream, but mummy felt sad when I asked why daddy wasn't with us having a fun time.

She doesn't like me talking about daddy, so I won't ask her again because she'll be sad. But she said daddy loved me but he wasn't here right now.

But I don't believe that because daddy would be here with us if he loved me.

I lied today, I told mummy I enjoyed the sandwiches she made, but they made me feel sick, so I fed them to the duckies when she wasn't looking.

I love my mummy, and I will always try and make her smile because Luke at school said making your mummy smile is the best gift ever, but I think chocolate is the best present because I like chocolate, not too much though because mummy doesn't like it, she says it'll make my teeth go bad..."


And on it went about mummy this, mummy that.

I flicked through the next few pages and the writing style was the same, I figured this must be when she was young, so I skipped a few pages until I saw a handwriting change.

It was dated November 18th 2006 So she must have been 15.

"...Moved again. I am so un-impressed with this town, it is quiet and dull, which is kind of nice but ultimately boring! I nod and tell mum that it's all okay, but deep down I think she knows how unhappy I am with the constant moving and constant unsettling of houses and schools....

How many times have they moved? I thought to myself.

I skipped a huge chunk to some light purple pages.

...She said this was the last time, and this time I do believe her, because the local hospital has taken her on as an assistant nurse, I guess those years of training has finally found her a job, and I'm glad. I wonder why we've had to move so much.

I have a feeling she's running away from something someone. Maybe my father has been in touch and she wants to make sure we never meet ever, for he hurt her so bad, and shook our lives when I was young.

I don't have many memories of him, I don't remember much, but all I have is that picture, where we all look so happy, so what changed?

I started my final school a week ago, mum promised this would be the last move; we would be staying here now. The school isn't that bad, although I'll admit I'm pretty fed up with the types of people.

Wherever you go, they are there, the popular lot, the slag's, the sports teams etc, and even with the many other cliques, I don't even fit into one, I suppose that's alright, I don't fancy being in a group. It's just me and Nikki.

She's been great helping me to settle in and showing me the town. I just can't help but notice the way Nikki always calls me Jones. Fair enough she is oblivious to my past, but with each time the name is mentioned, my stomach turns because it is a reminder of him, the one person who I loathe more than this annoying kid at school.

There's this guy at school, he's so full of himself, I mean seriously how far can someone be up their own arse before they start suffocating? I don't know how someone nice looking can be such a bastard.

His personality cancels out his looks completely, I don't see what Cassie and the other fools see in him, because he's an utter idiot. He pisses me off for no reason and we're just at constant war.

And I have a feeling there's more to him, he's creepy, this is going to sound so stupid but I think he drinks...blood.

How insane is that? I foolishly googled it as well and this strange Vampire cult came up, I kicked myself for even thinking along the lines of that. Vampires? I mean come on, they don't exist, and maybe Matt's just a weirdo who enjoys the taste of blood?

If things continue being weird at school then my only other option is to move to the school on the other side of town, at least that way I won't have to see his face again or hear hi stupid French jokes...


Wow.

So, that's what she thought about me? I always knew she wasn't keen on me, and hey I wasn't exactly dandy with her either, but she had called me nice looking. Oh this was major teasing information. Hahaha.

I turned to the last page at the back of the book because normally people would write or put something there, it was a statement;

Some day I'd like to make something of myself.
I want to be big; I want to make her proud.
I want to throw it in his face.
He doesn't know what he's missing out on.
I want to make her proud.
I want to make her proud.


Once again, wow.

Before closing the journal I saw a small picture of three people, it looked tatty and old, but I knew who the three people were immediately.

There was a woman with short dark hair; her face was glowing as she held a small baby in her hands who was looking up through such big brown eyes, next to them stood a young man, with his face lit up as all 3 of them smiled. That had to be her father.

I shut the journal shut after a slight feeling of guilt went through me.

Okay this was weird, why was I feeling guilty?

I never feel anything, I usually don't care.

But I couldn't help but feel as if I've crossed the line this time, I was nosing around in her personal journal, her thoughts, her feelings, her past, her present...I threw the journal back into my bag and furrowed my brows.

I switched the light off and stared at the ceiling waiting for sleep to come. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

_________________________

- ALIZ P.O.V -

My stomach turned again as I walked into school, the corridors were busy but I felt alone, today was going to be a tough day.

As I walked through the crowds I spotted myself talking to some girls who I never talked to before!

I narrowed my eyes at Matt and pushed my way towards him when I saw Cassie approaching him as well.

The girls left and I watched as Cassie gently nudged Matt deliberately and sent an evil glare at him before walking off.

"What was that all about?" I asked in confusion as I stood in front of him.

"I don't know." He shrugged but then peered at me through messy hair.

"Did you even comb my hair?!" I asked wild eyed.

"I back combed it to make it look wild and sexy" He smirked.

"No, it looks messy and stupid!" I hissed.

"I see you're still as moody as ever even in my body." He growled.

"And you're still a idiot, even in my body." I shot back.

"Well I'm still nice looking aren't I?" He grinned leaning against the lockers.

"What?!" My heart stopped for a second and my mouth went dry.

How did he...why did he...oh that bastard.

Before I could tell him off, he whispered something,

"Here's a list of lads who are supposed to be having swimming practice today, tell them it's moved from our swimming pool to the public one in town and make up some excuse, just keep them away from the swimming pool here."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't even know half these guys!" I sighed at the list.

"Just look for a lean fit guy like me." He smirked.

Typical.

"Why have you got two bags?" I asked him.

"This one got my swimming kit in it, I have to be in the water to help you, and since I'm a girl now...I found it in your draw." He winked.

"What are you two talking about?" Cassie was now in front of us smiling fakely.

"Uh nothing." Me and Matt said at the same time.

"Well Matty," She smiled broadly turning to me.

"I know how stressed you were the other day, so I understand if you regret your decision about us two." She attempted to link her fingers with mine.

Ew go away.

"No." Was all I could blurt out.

"Rumour is that thing over there..." She pointed at Matt.

"...Was so desperate for some sex, she dressed up like a whore so she could get attention and then laid, and it didn't work cause she's dressed normally again." Cassie pouted.

Anger flared through me as I glared at Matt, this is what his slag wearing clothes did to me!

"Anyway, I'll catch you at lunch baby." She smirked walking off.

I turned to Matt.

"I hate you!" I hissed.

"Like wise." He narrowed his eyes.

"Ugh!" I hissed in annoyance!

"Just meet me by the pool at 9." He glared walking off.

Yes I will meet you by the pool, and then after that I'm going to get you back for reading my journal.

My personal private thoughts about anything and everything, how could he do that?

I thought he was changing just ever so slightly, but I guess I was wrong, so no more Mr nice guy from me either.

I walked past some crowds to see Nikki at her locker, her face blank and expressionless.

Before I could stop myself I was by her side "Hey Nikki!" I smiled.

Oh shit, I forgot. I was Matt not Aliz!

"Drop dead piss face." She muttered slamming her locker shut and walking away from me.

I turned in anger, to see Jay smiling.

"Flirting with Nikki now that you're a free man?" He grinned.

"No, I just said hi." I frowned.

"Good because I like her." He smiled brushing past me to follow her.

Oh okay.

Wait. Did he just say what I think he did?

Jay liked Nikki!