Footprints of a vampire

"Always."

- MATT'S P.O.V -

As I entered our next lesson, a feeling of slight achievement flooded through me, because I thought it was going to be hard to get her to swim, but she seemed okay with it, like she trusted me to teach her and help her, and we had gotten through some of the techniques quite quickly, she seemed willing to make this work.

Sounds stupid doesn't it? Because we hate each other and yet we had a civilised 3 hours with little insults flying at each other, sure there were the odd ones but that's what made the Matt and Aliz friendship work.

I said friendship, what I meant was our temporary interactions due to this strange situation my grandmother placed us in.

But yet, even though I was her, I still felt as if there was a whole part to her I still didn't know, there was something hidden, the household I now lived in was weird, there was also a slight atmospheric tension between her and her mother. It seemed as if something had occurred, and had not been talked about, things were left unsaid, and things were dusted under the carpet.

Even after scooping through her room, her draws and her journal there was something missing and I couldn't place my finger on it.

Not that I cared, anyway.

As I sat down I saw her trudge in looking rather hassled about something, without glancing at anyone she slumped into the front desk with her head down on the desk.

I looked around wondering if anyone had noticed her strange behaviour, because I hardly ever did that, I was the soul of the class, I was the heart, I was the one everyone loved, I made stupid jokes and I was happy and she looked tired and depressed!

Everyone went silent as an unfamiliar teacher nervously walked in looking around with a brief case and a note in his hand. He was a short man with little hair, glasses, and he looked very worried after he saw our class.

"Ahem, excuse me." He said just over a whisper, I couldn't help but grin, yes this would be a very fun lesson, seeing as we had this substitute teacher.

When he noticed no one was paying attention he turned his back to us and wrote on the board; "Mr Tanners."

He tried to speak over the loud conversations and giggling going on within the room but was having little luck.

I laughed motioning him over, he saw me and came over.

"Yes young lady?" He asked as some of the class quietened down.

"We were supposed to be going on a trip today." I started as more of the kids stopped there activities to listen in.

"N-No...I have no...I-Information about a t-t-rip." The man stuttered blinking much more than he needed to.

"Go and get the information from the office then." I smirked, as he gave everyone a curious look, they all nodded willingly as he scuttled out of the classroom.

I leaped up behind him and slammed the door shut behind him; I placed some tables and chairs in front of it and turned around in satisfaction.

A huge roar of laughter erupted as we heard Mr Tanners from the other side of the door.

"Open this! W-what is the m-meaning of this!" He yelled from the other side banging on the door as more of the class laughed.

Yes, I didn't care who's body I was in, I was still Matt Baines. And entertaining the class was what I did.

I scanned the room, as my eyes rested on some string piled up in a ball in the corner of the room and another idea popped through my head.

After setting the prank up with a little help from Connor Reeves, I pulled the tables and chairs back and shouted.

"Sorry!" I shouted so Mr Tanners heard me, he immediately came rushing through the door looking very stressed as me and Connor resumed our seats.

As soon as we did, Mr Tanners screamed as his foot tripped over the piece of string in front of him, he flew into the air and hit the floor with a thud, with his glasses falling off his head and clattering on the floor, the whole room was filled in laughter and giggles.

Yes. This was what I was good at.

As everyone continued to laugh, Connor leaned backwards on his chair holding his hand out.

"I didn't know you had it in you Aliz." He smirked as I took his hand.

"Catch me later yeah?" He winked scribbling down his number and handing it to me.

Oh, was it me or had Aliz just pulled? I was on a roll.

As the teacher picked himself off from the floor looking ultra pissed because his glasses had broken in half, the class continued to point and laugh, a few paper balls were thrown at him and a soggy sandwich, which personally wasn't my idea.

We couldn't contain ourselves as a piece of tomato found it's way on Mr Tanner's bald head, our sides were splitting with the humorous situation when we heard a voice.

"Shut up." It was deep and it rang through the class.

I looked ahead to see where the voice had come from and narrowed my eyes, what was she playing at?

She picked her head up from the table and looked around angrily, getting up she glared at each and everyone including me.

"Do you think its funny making fun of an old man?" She hissed as silence filled the air from fear of Matt Baines.

"You sad pathetic losers, if you didn't want to take sixth form seriously then you should piss off and join the queue for council houses." She yelled.

"This is real life, we have limited time as it is to learn and understand all this work, and you're happy just to waste it like idiots, your seriously pathetic the lot of you." She shouted as people started to bite their lips nervously.

"And you!" She pointed straight at me as people turned to look at me.

"Get a fucking life." She hissed.

I hesitated before replying, I wasn't going to let her talk to me like that.

"What's life without fun?" I retorted back angrily.

"Making fun of a teacher, bullying an old man, is that your idea of fun or anti social behaviour?" She hissed as everything went quiet again.

I shifted uncomfortably as she turned to Mr Tanners.

"Continue, I don't think anyone will do or say anything to stop you now." She glared focusing her evil stare on certain people including me.

Everyone sat there in silence not daring to speak as I sighed into the boring maths lesson.

When the bell finally went, everyone rushed out not even looking back once.

I grabbed Aliz's arm near her locker and turned her around.

"What the hell do you think you're playing at?" I spat.

"Piss off." She snapped back angrily, jerking her arm away and looking pissed.

"What the -?" I began before she cut in.

"Shouldn't you be, I don't know reading my journal somewhere in a corner?" She hissed.

Okay why the sudden anger?

I stared back not knowing what to say, because this was my mistake, I had read her private thoughts.

"While you're at it, you can continue ruining my life." She slammed her locker shut walking away from me.

I stood there running my fingers through my hair when Connor ran up to me.

"Aliz." He nodded.

"Uh hey." I replied trying to see which way Aliz had actually gone.

"So listen you've heard about Beth's party Saturday right?" He asked leaning against a locker.

"I was wondering, want to go with me?" He asked.

I stared back in shock, uh you what dude?!

I caught Aliz's eyes in the crowd you shot me a filthy look and I grit my teeth, looking back at Connor I nodded.

"Sure. I'd love to." I ended as he gave me a thumbs up and walked away.

I walked towards my locker smiling.

- ALIZ'S P.O.V -

Seriously, I could have murdered him right there, right then.

I thought everything was going okay when we were swimming, sure it wasn't the best of experiences, but we were getting on, and everything was okay, I was getting to know the more sincere and sensible side to him, something not many people get to do with Matt, but then he just has to ruin it, everything was going so well until break.

I overheard Cassie and her dimwits talking about me.

Not Matt, me. I heard bits of a conversation going like this;

"That stupid slut, I can't believe Aliz thinks she can take me on!" Cassie had barked.

"She is so not his type." Amy whined.

"No wonder she has no daddy." One of the other girls had said.

"Her mother must have been a slut too." Cassie had laughed.

"Well why else would have poor old daddy dear ran away when she was like 5?" Cassie spoke again.

There words swam in my mind causing my anger to flare up, that was why I walked into Maths feeling angry and upset.

I bet he had read my journal and then accidentally let slip of the contents around school. I was so mad, why would someone do that?!

Maybe he didn't do it? There is a slight possibility they found out another way? But whatever, they still said those things and I was still ultra pissed.

Then Matt made it worse by picking on the teacher, I mean come on grow the hell up!

We're just too different, he runs on the other side of the road to me, and with every tactic and every occurrence I want to rip his head off more and more.

As I entered the cafeteria I heard someone giggling to the side.

My new enhanced vampire hearing heard some vague words "Aliz" and "this is just too funny." My head immediately spun around to see Cassie and her little crew standing just outside the hall around a corner.

I looked around and carefully tip toed outside to see what was going on, they were obviously plotting against me.

It happened so fast I didn't even see it coming; all I heard was a metal bucket clunking against the tile floor as some giggles erupted.

Before I could stop it happening, I gasped to see a drenched Aliz scowling at Cassie.

"You look a tad wet sweetie." Cassie giggled as Matt growled in anger.

They had placed a bucket of water somewhere, and it had gotten Matt.

I turned not caring, after all he deserved it, he was being a jerk, but then Cassie's comment stopped me dead still.

"That's the only way you'll ever get wet your a whore just like your mum." She breathed.

Frankly I didn't understand how that remark made sense, if she was a whore, it meant she got laid a lot but if this was the only way she'd get "wet" then she obviously wasn't a whore.

"You'll pay for this you stupid bitch." Matt hissed as I heard him opening his locker but then screaming in disgust.

I scrunched up my expression and turned to see something flying out at him from his locker.

I narrowed my eyes recognising the yellow substance now covering Aliz, as she slipped and slid over it in shock.

Okay the water trick was just below harsh, but this had to be the work of truly evil bitches, as the corridors flooded back with students they all laughed and pointed at Matt.

But as I stood there watching them all laugh, they weren't making fun of Matt, they were making fun of Aliz, and this, I couldn't tolerate.

I strode round the corner to approach the chaos when Amy ran past me with a bucket of feathers.

Oh how typical, yet completely pathetic, what was she going to do, make him look like a chicken?

Now I definitely wasn't going to be humiliated like that, I dropped my bag and sprinted forwards grabbing the bucket off Amy and tipping it all over her head.

"You think you're so funny don't you?" I growled as once again the laughter subsided.

"I wonder how 4 completely dumb ass girls like you thought of something like this?" I hissed as Cassie pouted.

"She deserved it! She was being...Listen to me Matt, Aliz isn't right for you! I am!" She squealed.

"What?!" I spat just as Matt did as well.

I pointed a finger at Cassie.

"You listen to me, you ever even go near her, and I'll let everyone know." I said threateningly as her pleading eyes pierced mine.

She gasped putting her hand to her mouth before scurrying off, her friends behind her.

I turned around to face the crowd.

"This was their idea of a practical joke" I hissed.

"I don't remember telling you all to stand and gawp." I glanced around the crowd.

They parted fast in every direction until only Matt and I were left.

I shook my head. This was getting too much.

"Thanks." Matt muttered after an awkward silence.

"I didn't do it for you." I said sternly.

"I didn't want to look like an idiot in front of the whole school." I said again.

"No thanks to you." I ended walking away leaving him.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

As I cleaned myself up in the girls bathroom, Nikki walked in, double taking she narrowed her eyes.

"Do I even want to know?" She asked stopping still.

I shook my head as another feeling suddenly came over me.

My mood had changed, I wasn't happy anymore, I felt slightly guilty and surprisingly unhappy for some reason.

I had a slight pang of depression filing through me as my stomach encountered a shot of pain.

"Jones?" Nikki asked again clicking her tongue.

"Wh - What?" I asked as I began to get a little bit of a stomach ache.

"What's been going on with you recently?" She asked sitting down on the edge of the sink.

I stared into her eyes and shrugged.

I growled as the ache in my stomach was starting to hurt more and more.

I clutched my stomach, as Nikki glanced at me.

"Stomach cramps?" She asked.

I unknowingly nodded.

"Well have you got any?" She asked.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"I always carry some with me, do you want one?" She asked.

"What?" I asked slightly pissed off now for no apparent reason.

"Always Jones always!" She waved something square and purple in my face.

"What?" I asked for the final time feeling something strange.

Oh my God.