Footprints of a vampire

I can't fancy myself!

So I've come to the conclusion that God hates me. I've been getting this strong feeling that this big ultimate power has it in for me, ever since I was young.

First came the big shock of vampires actually existing, I was only 10 at the time when my fangs started coming in, the pain was unbearable. I remember my dad explaining it all to me, how this could even be true. And my mom sitting there smiling all the way through the talk, like this was normal, I never did understand how she kept her cool being a human married to a vampire.

Of course Mike had already had this talk so he was laughing at my shocked expression all the way through.

May sat beside me the whole time holding my hand and squeezing it every so often, she was so brave, unlike me at that time, it was a shock to her as well but she told me we'd be okay, we had each other and a family and that's what counted.

But a 10 year old boy, a 10 year old boy does not need that kind of news at that age.

I can remember the only thing that was going through my head at that time was; how was I going to fit in? A 10 year old boy, scared.

Ever since, I tried to conceal it, tried to pretend it didn't happen, but it was happening and I couldn't hide it - not anymore, it was only a few years ago I learnt to accept it. I learnt to cope; I learnt to be a half vampire, a teenager and a regular boy at the same time. I was juggling it pretty well, until now.

But I was scared of bringing anyone into this world of mine, where I feared being exploited, made fun of, laughed at or thought a freak. But Aliz had already said that countless times, I was just afraid it would get out, I would lose everything I've built and made for myself at this school.

Then came the mysterious disappearance of my sister, May, when I was only 14, she meant the world to me, she was always there, and then one day she wasn't. We couldn't work out what happened she was so lovely, bright and always smiling.

That day she went missing a piece of me was torn, she wasn't just my sister - she was my best friend, my twin.

A massive search was put out, but all they found was her scarf swirling in the October wind near a flour mill, the area was searched countless times but nothing was found. It's been 3 years since her disappearance and still things have never been the same.

But I think she's out there, somewhere, healthy and well I hope.

This is why I have come to the conclusion God must hate me.

Because I, Matt Baines, am experiencing the worst experience ever, and I don't think I'll be able to handle this.

I sat on the toilet clutching my stomach as Nikki pounded on the door still.

"Jones, what the hell are you doing? Are you having a number 2 or something?" She shouted from the other side.

Wow, I thought it was just us men who were blunt and damn right rude, I suppressed a laugh at her language as I was suddenly feeling even weirder then I had been.

"Whatever, your seriously acting weirder then before, as I said give me a call when you decide to visit planet Earth again." She scoffed leaving before sliding some purple square things under the cubicle.

I banged my head slowly onto the back tiles angry as hell.

Thanks Grandma. No really thank you so much, I punched the wall with my fist and growled. Ouch.

Then again, no one said this was going to be easy, I guess I under-judged the difficulty of Aliz's life, the difficulty of any girl's life.

I picked up the purple thing and pulled the purple sticker, opening it I stared down. This can't be happening!

No boy should ever have to go through this, and yet here I was in a girl's body, on the verge of tears.

Why?

I don't even know, my emotions were all over the place, my head wasn't clear, I felt like hitting someone, I wanted a hug from someone, I wanted some ice cream - I felt really weird.

Man. What the hell had I ever done to deserve this!?

- ALIZ'S P.O.V -<

I just didn't understand! Why was he such a twerp?! Why couldn't he just lay low and be normal like I always did!

I waited for the bell to ring before sprinting out of the hall where we had just had a stupid assembly, I didn't see Matt anywhere, I suppose he was cleaning himself up a bit after that stupid prank those dim-witted slag's had just played on him.

I don't get him, I just don't understand where he's coming from, why he does the things he does and what goes through that mind of his. He just gets on my last nerve even when he's in my body!

"Hey Matt. Matt!" I heard Jay shouting from behind me, great what did he want.

He approached me grinning, punching me on the shoulder he laughed.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Did I mention ouch and again ouch? Why did boys punch so hard?!

"Dude, everyone's talking about what happened at lunch man that was some serious cat fight business going on right there!" He smirked.

I narrowed my eyes.

"What's everyone saying?" I asked a bit confused.

"You can tell me man; I'm your buddy innit? So do you like her?" He asked.

What the hell?

"Like who?" I asked confused.

He rolled his eyes.

"Dude, Aliz, do you like Aliz, as in do you think she's hot? Do you fancy Aliz?" He ended.

What.the.hell.

"No. I do not fancy Aliz!" I exclaimed, how can I fancy myself!?

"Whatever man, you're just sticking up for her a lot lately aren't you?" He added as we started walking through town.

I stopped and faced him, thinking this through carefully, I can't fancy myself!

"Because I put her into the shit most of those times Jay." I ended.

"Yeah but that's the point, put her in the shit and sit back and laugh about it, then she does the same to you." He shrugged.

"No. It's not the point; the point is...the point is..." I tried to think.

"The point is you care about her?" Jay suggested.

No the point was, I was stuck in Matt's body, and I wasn't going to let Aliz be made fun of whilst I was "away."

"That's stupid." I defended as he peered at me.

"The point is I'm growing up, fighting with Aliz was in the past, who gives a crap now man. I'm growing up." I ended as he stared at me.

"...And I think it's about time you did too." I ended walking away from him. Oh yes I was on a roll.

I thought I had gotten shot of him when I heard his footsteps running behind me again.

"What do you mean about that?" He asked.

Ugh for a start, get the hint when someone walks away from you it usually means go away.

"I mean, start doing something for yourself, I mean get out there do something, tell her." I ended as he stared back at me with wild eyes as if I was talking complete and utter nonsense.

He looked around avoiding my eyes and scratched his chin before locking his eyes on mine.

"It's harder than that - Nikki; well Nikki doesn't even like me." He ended.

For a moment there I actually felt sorry for him, I mean he was one of the hottest guys in school, he was Matt's side kick and they both acted like they always got what they wanted.

I almost wanted to laugh at Jay here, this showed that be as popular as you want, as hot as you want, you couldn't always get what you wanted.

"Well maybe you should start acting more...more...normal." I suggested.

He made a goofy expression and pulled me down onto a bench.

"What's normal?" He asked, I could tell he was eager. But I was stumped, what some people thought was normal other people thought was creepy - it was hard defining normal.

"So what is normal?" He asked again.

"I guess normal is a bit of everything and not too much of one thing." I started.

"Don't be so arrogant, you're not better than anyone else okay." I commented.

He cocked his brow, "But I am better then everyone else." He scoffed.

Oh brother, this was going to be hard.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I was feeling moody and tense about something I couldn't comprehend or explain, I just wanted to get home super quick so I could curl up on the sofa with a hot water bottle and maybe some ice cream.

I continued walking down the empty street thinking about Aliz; she was still a mystery to me - I wanted to know but about her now that I virtually her but there were restrictions on that. I walked on when I heard Cassie's voice from behind me.

"Oi you. Jones." She snapped like an angry dog.

Oh great just what I need on a day like this.