Footprints of a vampire

Changing Jay.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I rolled my eyes and proceeded down the long street pretending that Cassie's voice had not just travelled out from behind me - I didn't think my day could get any worse when her voice called out again but in a more angry tone.

"Don't walk away from me!" She was probably scowling now. How could I have not seen it before? Why had I been crazy enough to go out with her in the first place? I knew what Aliz meant now; Cassie was an annoying, dim witted leech.

I resisted a smirk and stood still for her satisfaction before spinning around on the spot to face her but my eyes not only met one Cassie but a few other girls who were dressed similarly to Cassie and were sending me glares. All urges to smirk vanished at that moment, girls could be pretty catty and I did not intend to get into a cat fight just yet. I glanced at them all in turn trying to dig out some kind of familiarity from them but they were all new to me except for Cassie and her little lapdog Amy who stood with their hands placed on their hips with attitude.

"What do you want?" I decided to ask calmly yet my tone had a slight arrogance to it which I couldn't hide due to my natural nature.

"I want to know what you want with my man." She scoffed tapping her foot like she was waiting for an instant reply to her question.

Your man? I wanted to laugh. I was nobody's man. Nobody ruled Matt Baine's, I did what I pleased - when I pleased and chose who I did it with.

"Nothing." I replied trying not to look intimidated when the girls closed in around me in a circle, something told me these girls weren't here just to say hello to Aliz but maybe to beat her up.

"Well it sure doesn't look like nothing." Amy scoffed.

"And you would know all about nothing wouldn't you? Since it's the contents of your head." I glared at Amy.

"Don't talk to her like that if you want all of your teeth left." A voice from my left called, I turned to see a short stubby girl with gelled back blonde hair which was pulled into a tight and ugly ponytail. Her ears were covered in rings and her eyes in thick makeup - she didn't look pleasant but looked overall tacky.

"You know, guys have brains too - Maybe Matt finally came to his senses and I don't see how a mere person like me could have persuaded him or could have leaded him to dump you. Now I'd say cry a river, build a bridge and walk on over it but you're probably not smart enough to build a bridge." I snickered.

"Are you forgetting who you're talking to? You better back off and steer clear of Matt, I warned you once before!" Cassie spoke through gritted teeth.

"The world doesn't revolve around you, you can't always get what you want at the snap of your fingers you better start realising that now before someone bigger comes along and shoves your head down the toilet or something." I hissed.

"What did you just say? Are you threatening her?" A really large - larger than life itself girl pushed me backwards, she caught me off guard before I could even do anything like pop her balloon belly into space.

"What if I was? What are y -" I started when her fist mad contact with my stomach in a quick motion. I doubled over shocked at the fact that I was most likely going to get beaten up by a group of hostile tramps. But what could I do? I'd never hit a female in my life.

I glanced up at her hateful face and she smirked in triumph before pulling me forwards by grabbing a handful of my hair. Girls - always clawed or pulled each other's hair, where were the punches or the headlocks?

"Get this, don't go near her man - got it?" She spat in my face.

"Doesn't her man get a say in this?" I spat back shrugging myself out of her reach and before the others could lunge at me I pushed her backwards and went hurtling over the curb.

"Get her!" I heard the others shout and jump for me - oh boy I had really done it now hadn't I?

I felt a series of hands and feet make contact with me all over but the pain wasn't that bad - these girls obviously didn't know the meaning of making your victim hurt. They pulled at my hair and I pulled at theirs for a brief moment but when I finally buckled and fell to the floor from the amount of hands pushing me down they decided to kick me.

"Oof." I groaned as the fat one kicked my leg with the edge of her shoe.

"Don't go near her man or you'll get worse." She hissed before they all walked away leaving Cassie standing there with a victorious grin and her arms folded.

"I told you Jones. I told you not to mess with me." She laughed and pouted a little, she then began walking away herself leaving me panting on the floor before a great idea flashed through my mind.

I was in a girl's body. I was on my period. I was technically a girl and girls can hit other girls.

My eyes shot up and I saw Cassie slowly making her way towards the corner which her friends had just walked around, I sprung upwards ignoring my pain and bolted towards her. Sprinting hard I caught up to her and rugby tackled her from behind, it was hard work considering I was in Aliz's body however once she was down I drew my fist backwards in anger and went to punch her square in the nose. My fist however stopped a couple of cm's away when I felt suddenly weird, I was going to hit a girl. I drew my fist backwards again and relaxed it.

"Don't ever come near me again with or without your pathetic little scumbag of a crew." I spat in her face with enough malice to scare her and with that I sprung up once more and carried on walking home.

That felt good.

- ALIZ'S P.O.V -

I rubbed my temples in annoyance - he was never going to get it was he?

"Look, you are not better than anyone else just because you have a rich daddy!" I hissed looking at him but his eyes were vacant.

"Fine." I sighed huffing as he finally looked towards me his expression radiating slight confusion.

"Put it this way, yeah your rich, you have something other people don't - but they have something you don't have so it balances out. Don't boast about it and don't get arrogant and selfish, making people feel inferior is not a nice trait!" I explained.

"Interesting - that means I have to steal what they have so I can make them feel inferior?" He grinned.

"No that's not what I meant! I didn't even say anything about making people feel inferior, I said you shouldn't - not you should! Are you even listening you idiot?" I was getting impatient now.

"What's rattled your boat?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

I sighed and folded my arms as I kicked the gravel under my shoes in an impatient manner, changing a person was harder then it seemed especially if they had a narrow mind and weren't that willing to change for themselves!

"I'm just fed up with people being the way they are. People need to step back and observe their own actions, you might do something because you think its right but no one ever stops to think or to see if they've hurt someone else in the process." I replied dully.

"Chill out alright!" He exclaimed punching my shoulder again.

"Jason Christopher Cornley, you have no idea how arrogant you are, do you even want Nikki to like you?!" I was angry now.

"Dude what is up with you, you're so uptight!" He hissed.

"You're not better than anyone okay; in fact you're a jerk." I started.

"Wh -" He tried to cut in.

"No, listen to me. The only reason they like us and fear us is because we're assholes, we make them feel inferior, it's not right, we shouldn't be living like this." I started.

"I've changed and you should too."

"For a start, take your head out of your own backside and see the light dude, your not going to win Nikki with your arrogant attitude." I ended.

"Right...so..." He began, finally he was understanding.

I watched his eyes flicker with amusement as I began talking again, telling him what to change, why he needs to change it and how. He nodded and listened as I spoke and I felt good inside as I thought of helping others too.

* * *

"So, I should clean up a bit, act normal and be...sweet?" He bit his lip.

"She doesn't like guys, who are arrogant, but you can't be so hard on yourself, you have to be confident but not too confident, you have to be a gentleman and you have to at all costs make her laugh." I told him.

He nodded.

"Wait...how do you know all this?" He narrowed his eyes.

Yeah good question, how do I know all of this?

"Aliz told me...I mean...I asked her about Nikki...you know so I could help you." I ended.

"Dude what if she tells Nikki!" He asked nervously.

"She won't...trust me..." I ended.

"Thanks mate." Jay ended nodding and walking away.

I felt pleased with myself, I had changed Jay - almost. I slumped back against the cool wood of the bench and watched as the sun sunk below the orange clouds and radiated a pink glow across the sky. My head was starting to ache after the long day I had just experienced, so when I noticed a familiar body slumping down next to me my eyebrows arched in annoyance because this person always brought trouble with him. I tensed my jaw and continued to look straight out onto the horizon ignoring him until I heard a series of sighs and a gasp for breath like he was crying.

I turned my head just slightly to regard him, his lip was swollen, his cheeks were red and his eye looked a little bruised and there was me thinking my problems for today were behind me.

"Matt." I called wearily.

"What happened to you?" I asked looking straight ahead at the birds circling the clouds in front of me.

"I got a visit - from Cassie and her little henchwomen." He sniffed and I wondered whether he was crying because his little injuries hurt or whether he was feeling what I was feeling right now - despair.

"Oh." I replied throwing my head back against the bench - this was not good.

"But there's some good news too." He blew his nose.

"I got my first -" He began but my eyes widened as I realised what he was going to say and I let out a groan.

"That's just great." I muttered.

This was a disaster, this whole swapping bodies thing has blown a hurricane in each of our lives and twisted and turned everything upside down for us. I realised now that maybe he was being more emotional then usual due to the circumstances, I'm sure I would cry if I was ion his shoes right now and that was where I longed to be right now - in his shoes which would be back in mine! I leaned forwards and hung off the bench tracing the footprints that my shoes had left, these belonged to me and it was strange to think so.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't mean to be horrible to you, I was just being my playful uncaring self - If I had known this was where it would lead me - leaving your footprints everywhere I went then I would have moved town just to avoid you and this!" He exclaimed.

"And the stupid thing is, I haven't cried in absolute ages and now look at me!" He sobbed some more wiping the tears with the back of his hand. I felt a twinge of sorrow for him, it must be worse for him but then again we both had it bad in different ways.

"It happens to all girls once a month, we deal with it and crying plays a huge part in it sometimes, so let it out." I suggested.

"I take everything back, girls have it worse - much, much worse and I promise not to make fun of a girl ever again." He chuckled through the faint sounds of sniffing.

"Remember, we're rehearsing tomorrow 9-11, have you got the song?" I asked changing the subject completely.

"What song?" He asked.

"You should have received some mail...Harry's sent the song they wrote for me to perform, go home, you'll probably find it, read it, get to know it...try it out." I shrugged.

"And you go to the swimming centre, and practice." He told me nodding.

We both turned our heads back to the setting sun as silence filled the space between us; my mind was lingering on swimming and worrying about whether Matt would perform the song as correctly as I would have. I could almost hear his brain ticking with anxiety over whether I would perform well in the swimming finals too.

"So are you going to hat party tomorrow night?" He asked randomly.

I bit my lip in thought, "Doubt it." I responded.

"What? Why?" He asked outraged sitting up to look at me, I could see his bewildered expression from the corner of my eye and I tried not to laugh.

"Matt Baines never misses a party!" He growled.

"And Aliz Jones doesn't waste her time on stupid high school parties!" I replied.

"Well, I'm going to be there...with Connor." He smirked.

I nodded absent minded trying to figure out a way to be comfortable in the water but nothing was coming to me, for me water was dangerous and consuming and nothing would ever change that. His words then registered in my thoughts and my head snapped sideways to glare at him.

"Connor?!" I exclaimed my eyes searching his face for clue and answers to see whether he was just joking or whether he was being serious.

"Connor." He nodded folding his arms.

"You should come, that way you won't ruin my reputation and you can keep an eye on me." He grinned all traces of his sobs now gone.

"Matt!" I groaned heavily.

"Word is tomorrow is going to be one of the best parties ever." He smirked.

"You better not do anything with Connor!" I bit my lip trying to get across my exactly I was suggesting.

"Oh I'll try and keep your innocence." He laughed whilst getting up. My expression must have looked horror-struck as he laughed some more ad walked away.

"Matt if you dare -" I began shouting after him in complete anger.

"You wouldn't -" I attempted again but he had already rounded the corner. I sunk back into the bench and shook my head in disgust; if he wanted another game I would surely give him another game.

I frowned as I realised something; I would have to go to that party tomorrow.