Footprints of a vampire

Arrested.

I just swapped bodies with a vampire.........AND I HATE HIM ! [21] - Arrested. –

My hope of not regretting this was fading fast as the scene in the apparent living room came to light, this party was immensely out of control. There was no one stopping the two lovers from possibly creating a baby on the leather sofa. There was no one stopping the lunatic swiping the shelf with his elbow and breaking all of the expensive looking ornaments. There was no one telling the girl off who was vomiting her brains out onto the lush Persian rug, I knew that because my mother had one exactly the same in our living room. I looked around as bodies swayed carelessly and drink spilled all over the place. This wasn’t a party, it was a zoo.

I sighed heavily as we pushed past a load of sweaty bodies dancing to the loud thumping music to the only spot that wasn’t crowded with idiots. The music suddenly stopped and loud complaints sounded next for a second and then the music blasted back through the large speakers. I glanced at Nikki who was glaring at my face impatiently.

“This? This is the place to be is it?” She growled as something came hurling at us, we both ducked and it hit the wall smashing into tiny pieces of glass.

“Sure is, look how awesome it is!” Connor sided from my side, I turned and resisted the urge to punch him square in the nose, Aliz’s fingers would probably snap off if I tried.

“This isn’t a party; it’s a bunch of people with a strong desire to go to jail!” Nikki hissed tugging at my elbow.

“Okay! I get it, it was stupid coming here! We should go.” I rolled my eyes, looking around the room but the way out seemed to be blocked by a crowd, I arched my neck trying to see over the people and saw a fight breaking out.

“Come on Aliz let’s dance!” Connor pulled my elbow and I quickly sent Nikki a look for help!

“Hey Connor, Aliz and I need to talk, go grab us all some drinks.” Nikki ordered, I was glad she caught up fast. We watched as Connor slid between the bodies and attempted to get to the refreshments table but he was having no luck.

Before I could thank Nikki and look for a way out, I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Matt standing there looking slightly scared.

“I can’t believe you came here!” Aliz hissed down at me.

“You’re right; places like these are only for morons like yourself Matt!” Nikki stepped in front of me and glared at Matt. I tried not to laugh at the fact that Nikki had it all wrong, she should have been shouting at me not Aliz who was in my body! Jay appeared from behind Aliz, looking slightly hassled, his expression changed when he saw Nikki and he grinned. Just as I expected they both wandered off into the crowd together, no doubt looking for the way out.

“I know, this was a mistake!” I shouted over the pumping music.

"Damn right it was!" She shouted back over the loud music.

"I have to tell you something!" I shouted louder.

"What?" She asked confused.

"I said . . . I have to tell you -" I tried again.

"What?!" She shouted again, I grit my teeth and grabbed her hand, leading her through the crowd quickly trying to avoid making too much contact with the drunkards. We walked through another door to a hallway where there were some stairs. This area surprisingly was clear and empty; we both sat at the foot of the stairs and listened to the music booming through the walls.

“So how’s my mom?” She asked casually.

“She’s fine, just fine.” I replied yawning and then I remembered why I brought her here.

“About the demo – “ I launched in quickly, I saw her head turn giving me her full attention.

After I had told her everything Harry had said and how the song was for a Disney film about two loved up zebra’s, I sat there in amusement watching her expression carefully. I was expecting her either to laugh or sulk but she did neither, instead she jumped off the bottom stair and into the air with joy and grinned wildly. Huh?

“What?” I asked impatiently.

“I can’t believe this!”

“I know it’s disgraceful.” I began.

“No, it’s wonderful and odd at the same time!” She laughed happily.

“Will you stop that and tell me what the hell you’re talking about?” I narrowed my eyes.

”I’m going to be rich!” She let out a shriek of happy laughter as she bounced up and down.

“Huh?” I still asked slightly confused.

“Disney Matthew! Disney! Do you know how much they pay?!” And that was when it sank into my head, I leapt up too and joined her in her happy dance – rich!

“Well, what do we have here?” I heard her dreaded voice sound from behind me; I turned quickly to see Cassie standing there with her sidekicks and a glass of something in her hand. We watched her down the rest and then snicker at us.

“Aliz and Matt. Matt and Aliz.” She scowled making a disgusted face.

“It’s not like that.” Aliz spoke up.

It was definitely not like that.

“Oh, is it not Matt? Then tell me, why did you dump me and then suddenly decide to spend most of your time with her – filth!” She spat.

“Maybe because she has two brain cells to rub together?” Aliz spat back.

“Shut up Matt. Aliz I have warned you countless times!” She glared and I glared back, she was mistaking me for Aliz and Aliz for me, even though it wasn’t obvious that we had swapped bodies all this mixing us up was starting to get on my last nerve.

Before we knew it an angry Connor burst through the door where the music was pumping louder then ever, he immediately glanced at Aliz and shook his head impatiently, by the look of him he had drunk quite a bit. He wobbled towards us looking confused and irritated.

“You!” He pointed a slightly shaky finger at Aliz who he clearly didn’t know was in my body!

“You knew I liked Aliz, you knew but you still had to ruin everything didn’t you Matt?” He charged towards her, I gaped trying to find a way to stop him but it was too late. He slammed into her and grabbed the front of her shirt scrunching it into his fists. I saw Aliz struggle for a minute, until she found my strength, she pushed him backwards and he fell onto the floor.

“Well then, looks like your boyfriend is being taken care of, now it’s your turn.” Cassie narrowed her eyes at me. Oh boy. I slowly backed away out of instinct, not wanting to get into a fight with a girl but then I saw Aliz and Connor virtually wrestling and rolling around on the floor.

Cassie lunged at me, her little hands found my hair and she pulled, I resisted the urge to let out a small scream as I drew my fists back, I let the little strength I had surge through me as I pushed Cassie away from me and balled up my fists getting ready. Before she could get to me again, I pounced on her making sure my fist made contact with every inch of her face as she struggled and kicked. This was wrong on so many levels, but it felt right too, my anger was being released as I heard her every grunt.

All of a sudden something heavy fell on me and groaned, I pushed the body to the side to see Connor and his bloody nose dripping everywhere looking hassled stare at me in shock. Aliz charged at him again, ramming her head into his chest and they both went toppling through the door leading to the party. I could hear the people silence at once as they watched Matt and Connor fight it out.

I got to my feet quickly only to be tripped up by Amy who decided to grab me from behind and push me through the door as well, the sheer force of her and Cassie on my back sent me flying forwards. I landed on my chin and heard a tiny crack, I didn’t care about the party being busted up by these two fights – I just wanted to hurt Cassie.

“I warned you!” Cassie spat at me as she grabbed another fistful of my hair, we both went spinning sideways into the crowd fighting and scratching at each other like violent cats. I now knew why girls fought so catty, they had nothing else to pull but hair or scratch each others eyes out.

I suddenly grew aware of the cheering and booing and shouting going on around us as the fight continued.

“Fight! Fight! Fight!” They all screamed and bellowed simultaneously, obviously enjoying the scraps occurring before them. I glanced to see Aliz knock Connor out with a final punch, he went knocking into some other guy who then spilled his drink all over himself and growled at Aliz. I watched for a second as Aliz tackled him before he could get in a punch and another fight started. This fight seemed so weird, I was a guy having a fight with a girl and Aliz was a girl having a fight with a guy – 2 guys at once! Aliz was defending me and I was defending her, with this thought I pushed Cassie off of me and growled.

I elbowed her in the gut before straightening my hair I used my foot to kick her in the legs, before she could react I swung her around and we both went toppling into the crowd where I managed to pull at her hair.

Fifteen minutes had passed and the whole party seemed to have been pummeled, wherever I looked I could see people screaming at each other or attempting to beat each other up. Aliz, Connor, Cassie and I had accidentally started a war in here! I crouched trying to find the clip that was in my hair at the start on the floor when something in the distance caught my ears, a series of sirens getting closer and closer – Uh oh.

"Stop it! Stop it! Mummy's carpet!" Some girl who I was assuming threw the party was shouting in the background. It was too late to shout about that lush rug now, I bet it was already torn in half or covered in blood and vomit. I heard a window break, a vase crack and someone scream followed by another loud bang, as tables were flipped and bottles were smashed. This was seriously out of control and I couldn’t see Aliz anywhere which was worrying! Well, of course, I wasn’t worried about her in particular, I was worried about my actual body!

I pushed a couple to the side who were trying to get out of the hurl of people attacking each other when I heard Cassie again. Damn, I thought I got rid of her before!

“I’ll kill you! I hate you Aliz!” She screamed, her voice cracking with rage, her face bruised, her eyeliner smudged with angry tears, her hair standing up in every direction – she actually looked scary. It took me a moment to take in her appearance – her very scary appearance before I realized she was charging at me.

Before I could react she grabbed a tight hold of my throat and pushed me backwards onto the refreshment table which was now composed of two legs and a wooden slab, the bottom of the table caved with both of our weights and we both crashed down onto it. All the while her grip never loosened, if anything it got tighter as she squeezed the breath out of me. I thought she would let go soon enough when I started choking and coughing as I clawed at her hands but she had a death grip on me. I watched her eyes grow menacing as she realized I would be dead soon and that didn’t bother her one bit! By this time many other people had seemed to realize that I was probably going to be murdered here, they all grabbed at Cassie trying to rip her away from me. Her hands loosened for a split second allowing me to gasp and swallow some air, I bet my face had turned blue by now.

"Move out of the way!" I heard a deep voice shout as all went silent and kids parted to let the new comer through, Cassie’s face was still twisted with rage and hate – hate for Aliz because Cassie thought Aliz was the reason I had dumped her!

"Get that mad girl off of that other girl. . ." I heard the words, they were like a miracle and within a split second of hearing that sentence Cassie was pulled off me and pushed against the wall with her hands behind her back. I felt utterly relieved, my breath started to come easier and I no longer was being choked!

"I'm D.C Brenner and you young lady, are under arrest for assault and attempted murder . . . . You do not have to say anything. . .” Hearing those words were like a smack to the face, except those words hadn’t been spoken to me – but to Cassie!

My breath caught in my throat once more as we watched Cassie being taken away and other kids being dragged into big vans. It was a miracle – Cassie had gotten arrested!

"Arrest the others!" A shout came as more police swarmed the place. I stopped dead in my tracks, wait. What?

We were all getting arrested! This was not good! Not good for our records at all!

I scanned the crowd for Aliz, when a police woman cuffed me and pushed me towards a big van.

"Aliz!" I shouted out to see where she was forgetting that she was in my body and that she would be called Matt not Aliz!

"Dude why are you shouting for yourself?" Connor glared as he wiped his bloody nose, he looked tired and fed up and I couldn’t blame him.

Another police man pushed Aliz down next to me as more kids were thrown into the police van, some looking drunk, some looking scared, some looking battered and bruised and some looking like they were going to pass out. But reality came crashing through the window as the van drove away to the police station.

I couldn’t believe this, all of this because of a stupid party! I slowly turned my head to survey Aliz who was looking just as shocked as me, her eyes wide from fear and shock as the van drove on. I felt bad, it was my fault, I had told her to come to the party and I hadn’t given her a choice. Ten minutes into the journey Aliz spoke quietly and softly.

“So, Disney huh?”

I half smiled shaking my head.

“Disney.” I nodded it seemed like we were the only two awake and I swear I saw a small smile escape from her lips.