Footprints of a vampire

I hate him!

I forcefully dragged myself to the detention room and walked into the classroom, shivering slightly as the breeze caught me, stupid cold weather, stupid Matt Baines. I was pissed off, this day had turned out unbelievably rubbish and my mood was increasingly going down hill as each minute passed, that and my nerves were playing up as 5pm reached ever so close.

At 5pm I was going to meet an agent, he was going to decide whether I was worthy or not, worthy to produce a record, a demo, moving on to an album and then I'd be famous and go on tours and play gigs which would pay real money.

I sat down in the front row so when we were told we could go, I'd run out of here as fast as possible and hurry home to get ready fast. Detention was for one hour, meaning I'd get out of here at 4, then only have an hour to get home, eat, have a bath, get ready, and practice one more time.

I saw from the corner of my eye Matt walking in smirking, but I didn't look at him let alone give him a reason or chance to do or say something to me. He sat on the back row away from me. Good. I would not look, speak or even acknowledge him ever again.

Mr Berry walked in and I inwardly groaned. He was the strictest and one of the most annoying teacher's ever, he believed that teenagers were going to be the downfall of society and that all we cared about was alcohol, drugs, sex and partying.

"Right, I don't exactly want to be here, I mean teachers have lives as well you know, I could have gone home at 3 today like everyone else did, but no, you two decided to get a detention and since I'm on duty today I have to take it, so be good kids and follow some simple rules and the hour will whiz by.

Don't look at me.
Don't speak to me.
Don't have fun.
Don't look around.
Don't speak to each other.
Don't even look at each other.
Don't laugh.
Don't eat.
Don't blink.
And don't even think about breathing.

When the clock strikes 4, you can go." He finished his list.

I sat there and I blinked straight at him on purpose, just to make sure this goon was for real, I mean don't breathe? What kind of idiot was he? I'd heard of how strict and mentally insane he was but not breathe or blink? He had to be joking right?

"Did you just blink?" He said looking straight at me.

I was baffled. How can someone be so strict and daft, I bet he had no life even though he stressed that all teachers did have lives. Humph.

"No." I said looking down.

"You just spoke to me and you blinked, keep that up and you'll be in detention for the rest of your life young lady!" He said getting angry.

I kept my eyes on the desk trying not to lash out, I was fighting the urge not to scream as well, this guy had some issues, some serious issues, I mean I was still trying to get to grips with the no breathing or blinking stuff?!

How on earth did he get into teaching? He hates kids and he's clearly off his trolley!

I heard Matt chuckle slightly from behind me.

"Are you deaf or thick? Or both? Did you not hear me state two minutes ago, no laughing?" Mr Berry growled.

Matt kept quiet. I smirked inside; this had to be the only teacher who could ever stamp on Matt's big head, I then heard Matt sigh really loudly, whether it was deliberate or accidental I couldn’t tell.

"You have serious problems if you cannot follow simple instructions." Mr Berry growled.

And that's when Matt cracked.

"You're insane do you know that? Don't tell me what I can and can't do." Matt said loudly, he seemed pissed off.

I slid lower into my seat, trying to look invisible and evidently trying to say that I was not a part of Matts little outbreak.

I saw the teacher narrow his eyes at Matt in anger.

"As long as you are under this roof you are under the school's rules!" He growled.

"The rules don't say anything about no laughing, no breathing and no blinking; just because you have major issues don't take it out on us ok!" Matt said angrily, I'd never heard his voice so angry so menacing before. But he was right all the same; this teacher was peculiarly weird and was taking it out on us.

"I don't have issues." The teacher stammered.

"Yeah right." I scoffed, and then smacked my hand over my mouth - oops it slipped out. I really couldn't believe that I had dragged myself into this.

"Right, both of you out! I'll deal with you tomorrow, actually I can't be bothered, don't think you're getting away with this, you'll be seeing the head teacher again tomorrow for the rude comments you both made today, now out!" Mr Berry shouted.

"I didn't even do anything!" I shouted.

He opened his mouth to speak again

I didn't need telling twice it was half 3 and I grabbed my bag and bolted out of the door, Matt closely following grinning as usual.

"Aw Aliz not used to being in trouble?" Matt laughed trying to keep up with me as I paced towards the school doors.

"Shut it." I said angrily pushing the school doors open, this was his entire fault.

"Oh, Aliz, what's the rush, can't you wait to get home and gobble up some escargots!" He laughed.

I stopped in my tracks and before I could say anything, someone pulled up next to us in a red sports car.

"Hurry up Matty." An older version of Matt said through the window, he looked about 19.

I turned to Matt and leaned in, "You self-centred egotistical piece of crap. How the hell does that stupid big ego of yours fit in that car? Stay away from me and drop the lame ass comments because I don't care!" I said hatred radiating from my every fibre.

"What was her deal?" I heard his brother say.

"She wants me, that's her deal." I heard Matt reply.

I willed myself not to turn around and create a scene, but if I had turned around I'd probably have made sure he was incapable of walking for the next month. I carried on walking, glad that they were going in the opposite direction.

The walk home was pleasant, finally I had some alone time. I slammed the door shut as I entered my house and dropped my bag.

"Aliz! ne le prend pas hors la porte quel est mauvais?" My mother was telling me not to take my anger out on the door, and now she was asking me what was wrong!

"Mama, Je deteste Matt Baines, il est un dick! Il m'ennuie de tous les jours et je le deteste! Je suis tres fache, il parle constamment des escargots! Je pourrais frapper le chronometre apres il dit n'importe quoi la mama! il m'a ennuye dans la classe et nous avons obtenu une detention" I finally finished and my mum made me sit down in a chair.

And oh yeah, I'd just shouted that I hated Matt and that he was a dick, and that he annoyed me everyday and he constantly talked about snails! Also that I might hit him the next time he says anything! Also that he annoyed me in class and we both got a detention!

"Boys vill be Boys Aliz!" My mother scoffed.

"Matt muet n'est pas garçon, il est une aberration! He spilled blood all over me! Mama he is a freak!" I yelled.

"Aliz, Aliz, Manger votre diner! Ah calm down okay!" My mum said rubbing my back, she was telling me to eat dinner.

"But where's yours?" I asked looking around.

She bit her lip and shrugged.

"J'ai eu un grand dejeuner, je ne suis pas affame." My mum smiled, she said she'd had a big lunch and wasn't hungry.

I could tell she was lying, she hadn't had a big lunch and she was hungry so I pushed the plate away, the only thing wrong was that we didn't have enough.

It was hard to cope these days, my mum was an assistant nurse, they needed her sometimes and other times not, she also worked part time at this laundrette place, she was always running about so I could look trendy, so I could get food when ever I wanted.

"I had something on the way home, I'm not hungry, you eat it." I said quietly slipping in a convincing smile.

"Aliz..." My mother started.

"Non, mama, Vous le mangez. J'aurai un bain!" I said walking up to my room to get ready for a bath.

As I got to my room, I sighed as my stomach rumbled and grumbled.

"Quieten down will you! Mama needs that food more then we do, after all she does everything just so I can get what I want, just shut up for a bit." I said talking to my stomach.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

We were all sitting round the table for dinner; it was an early dinner because we had other things going on in the evening. My mother and father were seated at the top of the table, then my gran and my brother, Mike and I.

"Mother this tastes off, what the hell did you do to it?" I asked in disgust.

"If you don't like it, toss it away." My father said boredly.

I threw the piece of chicken at the dog who ate it happily.

"So Matthew how was school love?" My gran asked me.

"It was okay, but there's this girl, annoying as hell!" I said.

"What that girl who totally told you where to shove it today after school?" Mike laughed.

"Shut up." I glared.

"Which girl?" My mother asked.

"Aliz, that French girl." I replied playing with my food.

"Oh, her mum's delightful!" My mother and gran both agreed.

"She's evil! She annoys me." I scowled.

"Matt...Why would she annoy you out of the blue?" My father asked.

"Cause..." I started but couldn't finish it.

"Cause Matt says stupid things and annoys her first mother, I've heard him, he goes on about snails and what not to her..." Mike butted in.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" I yelled.

"Mother she made me spill blood everywhere today!" I said angrily.

My father looked up, his fork falling with a clatter on his plate.

"What? Why were you walking around carelessly with blood you moron!" He shouted.

"I wasn't, she ran into me and it went all over her, then she got all freaked and ran off!" I snorted.

"What?! She isn't suspicious is she?" My gran asked.

"Gran, the only thing she knows is French and singing...I doubt this would even exist in her world...can I not just...follow her into a dark alley and suck her dry?!" I asked my parents grinning.

"Now stop that Matt." My father scowled.

"You are gravely mistaken about her Matty, her mother is a saint and she's lovely! And don't you dare suck her anything!" My mother shouted getting angry.

"Okay okay! I was only joking...but what if I get the urge..." I exclaimed.

"You better be, if I hear anything about Aliz Jones being killed or bitten, you're the first suspect! And your only a half vampire Matt, you won't get the urge." My father said sternly.

"I think she's hot." Mike said a few minutes later.

"You think everyone's hot." I rolled my eyes.

"Enough finish your dinner boys." My gran ended the conversation.

- ALIZ'S P.O.V -

I looked in the mirror once more, my anger cooling down, tonight could be the best night of my life or the worst. Make it count Aliz, make it count, was all I could think. A small knock came from the door and my mum walked in slowly, glancing around at the mess I had made choosing some clothes.

"Pret?" My mum was asking whether I was ready or not.

"Oui." I replied turning around.

"Aww tres joli Aliz tres joli!"

"Merci mama!"

We walked down stairs and there was a knock on the door.

"Ah Hello you must be Ms Jones?" A tall handsome man smiled broadly at my mother, who was clearly swept off her feet, I nudged her and she finally spoke.

"Ah yes, yes, come een come een." She smiled.

We all sat down and an awkward silence replaced the sound of the washing machine in the background which had stopped.

"And this must be the talented singer Aliz?" He asked, I nodded.

"I'm...well call me Harry." He smiled holding out his hands.

"Um okay." I replied.

"Right well first off, we were very impressed hearing you at the Silver arms pub a few streets away, so we thought we'd give you a call, basically all I want to do today is hear you sing again and then we'll see whether or not you'll get the deal." Harry smiled again.

"Oh, and ver vill you be doing zis? And how long?" My mother asked.

"Down at the Vix, it's only a couple of streets away, and it will take a couple of hours, we'll get Aliz to try a couple of different things after her performance...To see what her voice is capable of..." Harry smiled.

"I'll just go get my coat..." I said walking out of the room, I ran up the stairs to get my coat and as I made my way back I hesitated at the door.

"Ooh, I am 36 years old, and you?" I heard Harry saying.

"I am only 35 years auld." My mother replied.

"I must say Ms Jones, you're accent is very charming, I do like the French quite a lot.." Harry replied.

"Aha, zis is very true, do me favour oui?" My mother asked.

"Yes?" Harry replied.

"Look after my Aliz." My mother spoke.

"Of course, of course...and I was wondering Ms Jones...would you care to join me for some dinner tomorrow night?" Harry asked.

"Ah call me Colette, and oh I vud be delighted too!" My mother probably was smiling.

"What a beautiful name..." He started; I walked in quickly, glancing at them both in slight digust.

"Ah lets go before we're late!" Harry smiled.

"Au'revoir mama!" I kissed her cheek and walked out of the house.

This was it.

"No need to be nervous, I'm sure you'll do just fine...in fact I have a good feeling about this..." He smiled.

"Only because you want my mum." I said glumly.

He laughed.

"That is part of the reason, now buckle up." Harry smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
woo :)