Footprints of a vampire

Getting wet.

"So he knew your name?" Nikki asked as we walked into the school grounds,

"Yes, he said 'Aliz!'" I told her.

"Why didn't you tell the police this?" She asked.

"What? So they'll say it's someone who knows me and will start following me about and it'll get so much bigger then I want it to get! And the actual thought of the attacker knowing me is freaking me out!" I exclaimed.

"I agree...but if you put it that way...it must be someone who knows you...who you know..." She narrowed her eyes.

"Ugh, Nikki whatever...I'm trying to forget about it." I replied, but that was the reason I had stayed awake all night...the attacker knew me.

"Hey how was detention?" She asked intercepting my thoughts before I got carried off in my mind.

Oh crap.

"Long story short, we got Mr Berry! He started saying stupid things, Matt got pissed off said a few things back and then we both got chucked out, and we have to see the head teacher today, all cause of Matt!" I said angrily, just as I said his name,

"Talking about me are we...All good I take it...cause there isn't anything bad you could say about me..." He smirked pulling his bag over his head and pushing in between me and Nikki.

"We were just talking about what Cassie put up on myspace last night...it's got to suck having a small -" Nikki grinned evilly, as Matt stopped walking and gawped.

"What?" He said stopping dead in his tracks, his cheeks going red slightly.

"Careful, that tiny weenie thing might just explode...I heard it was smaller than plankton off spongebob..." I grinned, oh yeah strike one early in the morning to Jones!

"Oh yeah that's a lie!" He stammered, walking up to me and staring me down a big fat glare on his face, our faces cm's away from each other, I swear if we didn't hate each other it'd look like we were going to kiss, I felt uneasy.

"Oh really...? I never knew Cassie told lies." Nikki laughed, cutting in between us, phew. Remind me to thank Nikki later.

Matt growled, his cheeks burning red again.

"If it is a lie don't get so worked up about it then..." I winked.

As me and Nikki walked off we heard Cassie coming.

"Matt babe! Hi!" She squealed.

"Cassie do you even have myspace?" I heard Matt asking, I cracked up.

"What the fuck is myspace?" She asked back in her dumb air head voice.

Me and Nikki ran near to our lockers in a fit of laughter.

"Careful it might explode! Haha Jones that was a right beamer for him!" Nikki smirked.

I looked over Nikki's shoulder to see Matt kissing Cassie, haha typical school popular's, it would be so great if someone poured water over them both right about now...

And then we saw the kitchen staff walking past holding a bucket of something...

As I looked from them to Matt and Cassie locked in an embrace, my mouth curved into a smile.

"Oh fucking hell this is too good to be true!" Nikki winked walking towards them.

"No Nikki! Don't! Forget it, let's just get to class!" I yelled.

I ran up behind her and was about to pull her arm to call her back when someone pushed me from behind, I dived straight into Nikki's back sending her slamming into the kitchen staff...sending them slamming straight onto Matt and Cassie.

We all fell in a heap on the floor.

"Ahh! My new outfit! No!" Cassie screamed as she got covered in water.

"Ahh my bum!" I wailed in a fake high pitch preppy voice.

"Eugh!" Matt shouted.

"Ah." Nikki said in a monotone voice, we all looked at her.

"What...I thought...if everyone was..." Nikki smiled sweetly.

I got up off the floor,

"Ouch..." I said quietly dusting myself off.

"Jones you are so dead!" Matt growled.

"Matty, look what they did to my skirt!" Cassie yelled.

"I didn't even do anything!" I screamed back at him.

"Yeah the girls are not responsible for this...that boy over there pushed her, knocking her into that girl who knocked into us and we knocked into you..." The kitchen lady spoke getting up.

"I don't care! Look at me!" Matt hissed, as he put on a disgusted face whilst looking down at his wet dripping clothes.

The bell went.

"And that's the only time you'll ever get wet! Anyway cya!" Nikki shrieked, grabbing my hand and running off to our first lesson, English! Leaving Matt and Cassie horror-struck behind us.

As we sat down, the lesson had gone in 15 minutes and still no teacher!

"Oh my god, the look on Cassie's face was priceless!" Nikki snorted with laughter.

"I have to admit that was pretty funny!" I cracked up again.

"Laugh it up Jones, laugh it up..." I heard Matt say behind me, I spun around fast, how the hell did he get there?! He was wearing new clothes as well.

I just stared back blankly.

And then the teacher walked in.

"Sorry I'm late, I got stuck in traffic this morning, right everyone get out your folders and the Macbeth book, finish reading act 2 in pairs and we'll discuss themes and moods in 25 minutes!" The teacher smiled broadly sitting down.

I inwardly groaned, this lesson was going to be filled with fun and joy I could already tell.

"Sorry I'm late miss." A high pitched annoying voice came from the door.

"Cassie even I was late to this lesson, you shouldn't have bothered coming!" The teacher exclaimed!

"Well, some rats got me all wet…so I had to like go and change...do you think this skirt matches this top? Cause I really wanted to wear these shoes, but I wasn't so sure if they went with this skirt but I totally had to wear this shirt I mean it was just made for me...and it looks super hot on a body like mine so do you think-" Cassie said in one gulp.

"Cassie you look nicer than ever, now take that and turn it into Macbeth!" Mrs Pew smiled.

"Oh my god those shoes totally don't go..." Nikki whispered out loudly so Cassie would hear.

"Don't listen to them babe you look good." I heard Matt say.

"And like who dressed you this morning, your dog?" Cassie laughed.

She turned smugly to high five Amy.

"Actually my dog was too busy being humped by you, it was my cat actually, and even he has better style then you..." Nikki retorted.

She gasped in anger, her smug grin wiped straight off her face and she glared.

"Babe, their drop outs, forget them, losers." Matt glared at me.

Nikki opened her mouth.

"You've already used that one remember." I quietly said, so only she would hear me, I figured she was going to say something about Cassie's fake boobs.

She closed her mouth again and then opened it again.

"Oh go choke on air." I scowled.

"Better yet Cassie can choke on your very small -" Nikki pouted and we both turned around.

We'd hadn't even had an hour of school and the war had already been started!

Matt didn't say anything and Cassie continued ranting.

Then someone knocked on the door.

"Erm..." A shy looking year 9 girl walked in.

"Can you...Well I have a message for Aliz Jones and Matt Baines Year 12....they are to report to the head teacher's office at the beginning of next lesson..." She said quickly and then walked out.

"Damn." I heard Matt say from behind me angrily.

I rolled my eyes, I'd have forgotten about yesterday...great.

I had a free next anyway, see I was 16 and in my first year of sixth form and the subjects I had chosen were Maths, English History and Music.

As the bell went to end first lesson and start second lesson, everyone rushed out of the room, I headed in the opposite direction to the head teacher's office, I turned to see Matt rounding the corner down the corridor leading to the swimming pool area.

Humph, if he wants to get into even more trouble then I wasn't going to complain.

I knocked on the head teacher's door.

"Ahh Aliz, come in come in...and where's Mr Baines?" He asked, I shrugged.

"Well sit down he might make it in a minute." The head teacher spoke.

I sat waiting for my doom.

"Anyway, Mr Berry informed me of detention last night, I do not see why you two are digging bigger holes for yourselves, the comments you made were very rude and insulting, and I am correct to say foul terms were used as well, Mr Berry is having a very hard time at the moment with his divorce filing through yesterday, so he did not need you and Mr Baines where ever he is making life worse for him!" the head teacher said in one gulp.

"I didn't even say or do anything it was all Matt!" I growled.

"Miss Jones, that may have been the case but you two landed yourself in detention for fighting and being abusive in the first place!" the head teacher stammered.

"He always starts it!" I yelled.

"Lets go find him shall we, and we'll deal with this and sort whatever you two have against each other out...where do you think he will be?" the head teacher asked.

I shrugged.

"Well...he has swimming practice next and I saw him going down that corridor, so I presume he went straight to practice?" I suggested.

"Ahh yes that sounds like Mr Baines, avoiding more trouble he decided to get into more by not seeing me when I asked him to! Come one lets take a trip to the indoor pool area!" the head teacher said walking out.

"P-pool a-area?!" I asked scared.

"Yes Aliz, the indoor pool, now follow me." the head teacher replied.

I gulped following him reluctantly...oh no…I hated pools, rivers, canals...the sea...anything that you could drown in!

"Erm..." I said hesitating.

"Aliz I have other things to do on my agenda, now please." He said sternly as I followed.

I hadn't been near big heaps of water since I was 10...when I almost drowned.

I can remember it like it was yesterday, I was swimming in the sea, we were on holiday back in France and I was paddling.

And then everything just got hectic and mad and I couldn't breathe and I was being dragged under and under and it was getting darker and darker, as I tried holding my breath my brain felt fuzzy and blocked, my stomach began to hurt from lack of air, and then I couldn't see the glint of sunlight through the water and I was falling and falling and my eyes closed and then I felt like I was floating away.

"Aliz!" I heard the head teacher intertwine between my thoughts, I looked up and noticed we were already in the indoor swimming pool area.

"Err…" I breathed looking around startled.

Its okay, as long as I don't go in the water, being around it isn't so bad, but every time I saw large amounts of water a sickening feeling rose in my stomach and travelled up through my throat as that same memory gripped me like cancer and refused to let go.

"He doesn't seem to be here." the head teacher said confused looking around.

"Maybe he's in the water, come on." the head teacher motioned me to follow, ugh...as long as I wasn't in the water I was okay, chill out Aliz!

The head teacher peered over the side of the pool me closely following being careful not to go too close to the edge I felt my knees actually shake, I was that scared!

Pull yourself together I sarcastically said to myself, just as we were about to look away Matt burst through the water grinning.

"Looking for me?" He grinned sending water splashing everywhere as he got out, he was wearing swimming shorts, a thick necklace and goggles, ugh I'd never seen him without his clothes on before.

I looked in the opposite direction but he came and stood near me dripping wet he smirked innocently to the head teacher.

"Matt did you not get the message?" the head teacher said angrily.

"Oh yes, I got it, I just forgot, so to what do I owe this pleasure..." He smiled.

"Cut the crap Baines, you insulted Mr Berry yesterday and he was going through a tough time." the head teacher spoke.

Matt rolled his eyes, "He had it coming..."

"No Matthew, I am going to speak and you are going to listen for once, our teachers are specially chosen to fit your needs, to be able to understand and provide you with the knowledge and information you need to pass your a level exams, how can one teacher do that when she is being insulted and her class is being disrupted by your arguing swearing and fighting with abusive language? Thus landing you in detention where you get chucked out of!" He exclaimed.

"He was telling us not to breathe or blink! That's teaching is it?!" Matt growled.

"We didn't do anything wrong, well I didn't Matt was the one who -" I said.

"On the contrary you both landed yourself in there, I suggest you both apologise to both teachers and then sort this feud out amongst yourself!" He roared.

"He is impossible!" I yelled.

"And you're a bitch!" Matt growled, going towards the pool again.

"I mean it." The head teacher all of a sudden shouted scaring us!

"You two both start sorting this out or detention will be the least of your problems!" He said sternly.

Oh crap it was that serious.

"I will not, I repeat I will not have other student's education ruined because you two are stopping the lesson to have your play fights!" He growled.

"Now I suggest you sort it out now! Fix it!" He roared.

Just as he said that Matt looked at me wildly and pulled me to his side, putting an arm around my shoulder he grinned, I looked round his side we were dangerously close to the edge of the pool.

"Look, we're alright really...we're mates!" He smiled sheepishly.

"You're getting me wet." I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm the only one who ever will..." He whispered through my ear.

I looked up at him shocked as the head teacher raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Friends...see..." Matt grinned again pulling me closer and tilting my head onto his neck.

I'm being squashed, his hand was pressing me against him, not in a friendly way, it almost hurt, and he was getting my clothes wet.

"I am not fully convinced, But I am late for a meeting thanks to you two, good day to you both." the head teacher said.

As he walked towards the exit, I pulled away from Matt and he let go of me.

"I hate you." I whispered.

"I hate you too." He said back with as much venom as he could.

Just as I was about to leave the head teacher turned around to see what we were doing, Matt grabbed me once more and pulled me to his side, putting his wet arm around my shoulder he grinned and waved with the other hand, he had not however noticed that my hair was tangled in his chain that he was wearing, talk about ouch!

Before I could let him know about my hair the head teacher walked out shaking his head, and my eyes widened in horror as Matt leaped into the pool taking me with him.

"No!" I screamed as I watched this scene unfold before my eyes, my feet were on the ground, my feet were in the air for a second, I felt my body break through the cold water and that was when my heart pounded with an old awoken fear, I hadn't ever been in deep water like this since that accident.

My clothes stuck against my skin which was gradually turning cold as I tried to gulp for air and wailed my arms about, I tried not to scream but water rushed through my mouth and I choked gasping for air, my nightmare coming true. My mind spinning, my heart feeling like it was freezing over with fear.

My brain fluttering with past flashbacks, history repeating itself until I felt myself being pulled and smacked to the side so hard something hard pressing against me to keep me from going under the water again, I felt someone hit my cheeks lightly and a distant voice was shouting my name.

I spurted out water and choked as every atom in my body felt grateful to the dry warm air and the person who had just saved me.

I opened my eyes slowly to stare into the face of...

Matt!

I almost choked when I saw him helping me.

"Geez! Can you not swim?!" He asked looking at me carefully.

I shook my head slowly and then nodded, I noticed he had me stuck to the side and was pressing himself against me so I wouldn't drown again, I felt uncomfortable.

"Make up your mind, you almost drowned Aliz!" He exclaimed.

I coughed some more water out of my lungs and my vision became clearer, as each breath took a sharp pain through me, my breath slowly started getting steadier and better as I looked up properly into his face and then I almost had another heart attack.

"What's wrong now?!" He exclaimed, as my hair stuck to my face and my clothes dripped wet.

I was lost for words, well I wasn't I opened my mouth to speak but all I got was air coming out of it.

He looked at me weirdly and with each look my inside squirmed with yet more fear and confusion.

"It...it w-was you!" I managed to finally breathe out.

"What are you talking about? Come on I haven't got all day, you've waste enough of my time already!" He said obnoxiously rolling his eyes.

I looked at those eyes again, they were...familiar, they were...the same eyes I had seen somewhere before.

Somewhere where I was in danger, in that alley...that night...those deep blue eyes...

"Get off me you freak! It was you! It was you that night in the alley! You attacked that person! It was you!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, causing the other team members to look over.

Just as I was about to scream and shout again, he firmly put his hand over my mouth violently.

"Shut up will you! What the hell are you talking about?" He said angrily, pretending to be innocent I was sure.

I grabbed his hand and looked at the back of it; if it was him there would be a scar from where I had slashed him.

He tried to yank it out of my grip but I looked down to see a faint scar, it looked old, like it was made a few weeks ago....couldn't possibly last night...couldn't have healed that fast? But then again the scar was exactly where I had cut that other boy...or him?

"What alley? What night? What person? I didn't attack anyone!" He hissed.

I drew my leg in the water and kneed him, anywhere I didn't care it was enough for him to lighten his weight on me, before I could sink under the water again, I grabbed the side and hauled myself upwards.

"You're insane, screaming false accusations about your mad!" He said annoyed getting out of the water advancing at me.

"You’re the insane one! The blood? It was you! I know it was you!" I screamed running out of the pool room as fast as I could, my shoes slipping as they were drenched with water.

I grabbed my bag and I didn't care if I was going to get done for skiving or whatever, I only had Music later that day, but I was not going to spend another minute here, not wet and annoyed and shocked like I was.

As I raced down the street, the wind bit at me, sending shivers down my body as my clothes dripped wet.

I was surely going to become ill like this!

I ran all the way home and into my room, I locked the door and sat down on my bed.

What was I going to do?
Was I sure it was definitely him?

How could I prove it...the slash on his hand was faint...Ugh I was so confused.

I dried off and lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling I thought about what I should do.

Before I knew it, my mind was at ease; my head was resting on a pillow....

I was asleep.

I was having a weird dream.

I was at school but it was dark inside, but light outside.

All the students were on the floor...unconscious or actually dead? I did not know.

As I walked over and over bodies, I saw someone squatting over a body with their head down.

I tried to speak but no sound came out.

The person turned around and I saw the blood dripping from their mouth.

Before I could scream, the person was biting me, what the hell? Cannibal!

I felt the pain but immediately but woke up to the sound of my door opening.

I looked around wildly, as the days events rushed back to me, and the weird dream began to slip away from my mind as I tried to remember more and more of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I miss Quizilla :(