Footprints of a vampire

And so it begins

"Aliz, you come home early why?" My mother asked walking into my room.

I rubbed my eyes feeling the cold draft hitting me causing slight shivers to run up and down my body, I just had a weird dream, but the more I tried to remember it, the more it was slipping away! Don't you just hate it when that happens? I hate it when that happens!

"Mama, I had the worst day!" I growled, remembering the pool...and Matt...And...Almost drowning...and the rest of it1

"Pourquoi?" My mother asked.

"J'ai noyé presque dans la piscine à l'école! C'est horrible!" I whined, telling her I almost drowned in the swimming pool at school!

"Ahh! Who did zis? Are you being okay Aliz?" My mother said worriedly coming over to hug me as I stumbled out of bed.

She was always so overprotective of me; I guess it was because we only had each other.

I mean sure we had family, but they were in France. And my dad's side, well it was just his brother; Uncle Ben and their mother, who rarely visited.

But my mum was all I had, and I was all she had...and without each other...we would have nothing.

"Oui, oui, mais je déteste Matt!" I hissed.

"Come eat your dinner, we shall talk about zis during food" My mother suggested as I followed her down the stairs, she was smiling slightly which meant there was enough food...today...and sometimes there was enough, and other times there wasn't.

My stomach turned with hunger I grabbed my fork and start to eat...fast.

"Aliz! The lady does not eat like a pig!" My mother laughed.

"Mama, I am not a lady, I am a girl..." I smiled.

"So vat is happening wiz zis boy?" She asked.

I dropped my fork and rolled my eyes, a portion of anger running through me once more.

"I am certain...the other night...the attack...it was him...I mean...he was the attacker..." I started.

My mum looked up at me immediately.

"Aliz, you cannot be making zis accusations without zi proof..." She cut in.

"Mama!" I whined, willing her to let me carry on.

"He knew my name, I remember those eyes...I've seen him with blood before... I continued.

"Zis could be true, but he just a boy Aliz! He cannot be doing zis..." She interrupted.

"Whether he did it or not, I still hate him mama, I almost drowned today! And he spilled blood on me before! And then that guy they attacked...and the blood...it's too weird" I raised my voice.

"You cannot hate him, maybe disliking..." She said.

"Non je le déteste!" I rambled on. I did hate him!

"Aliz..." My mother tried to cut in again but I shook my head.

"Mother, he annoys me for no reason, he picks on me on purpose and thinks it's funny! He makes fun of me because I'm half French! He keeps saying I eat snails for every meal and is just so annoying, then earlier today he pulled me into the swimming pool and I almost drowned mama, I was so scared, I was reliving it all over again! I hate him!" I ended, as she gave me a sympathetic look.

"Zis boy sound like trouble." Was all she said.

"Mum, please, he doesn't sound like trouble, he is trouble and I want to kill him!" I growled.

"Aliz, you vill not be killing anyone!" My mother smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Mama, you do not understand how much he annoys me! I am telling you, he was the attacker, and he's insane! He was carrying blood around!" I ranted.

"Enough of zis pish posh, eat." She ended it.

Argh, why didn't she understand?

I didn't know much about Matt other than he was some rich boy who had it easy, was I the only one who knew about his love for blood? Why would a 17 year old boy be carrying blood around? Unless it was part of some evil prank…

"I hate him." I glared at my plate.

"Aliz." My mother rolled her eyes.

"How bad can eet be? He is just another boy." My mother continued.

"Mama, it is bad, he is bad, and he is annoying, he is the attacker, I know he is." I finished my food.

"I'm sure this is big misunderstanding you know Aliz, you should see it from zat boy's point of view..." My mother suggested.

I scoffed.

"Mama he is beyond annoying! I could never see his point of view because I'd hate to think like him! He's a heartless, annoying bastard and he is out to annoy me!" I yelled storming off, hearing my mum clicking her tongue in annoyance at my language.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

"Mum she's so annoying!" I grumbled as we all sat down for dinner.

"Matty, what has she supposedly have done now?" My father raised his eyebrows.

"She accused me of attacking someone!" I growled.

My mother put her fork down hard, it clattered against the table.

"Well I wonder why she would think that Matt." My mother said sternly.

"She's insane, I actually hate her." I said stubbornly.

"Matt, hate is a very strong word." My father started.

"No, it is the correct word father, Aliz Jones, is the most annoying girl on the earth, I'd like to snap her neck in half, drain her blood and then feed her body to seagulls." I said angrily.

She was annoying, always making trouble, seeing things she wasn't supposed to...getting in my way, I should finish her off once and for all.

I picked up the glass and drained it.

"Don't drink all that blood at once Matt, it can be harmful for half vampires to over-do it." My mother warned.

"What's the worst that can happen?" I said sarcastically hissing showing my fangs.

"Put them away during dinner." Mike laughed.

"Matt, we don't like your attitude, stop getting yourself into trouble at school, concentrate on swimming and leave the girl alone, then maybe she won't annoy you." My father stammered.

"Dad, she starts it!" I yelled over the table.

"Matt maybe you feel the need to annoy her because you secretly like her." Mike chanted like a 10 yr old girl.

"Get stuffed will you, I wouldn't like that dropout if she was the last thing on earth, have you seen her? And she's French! If you're looking for an emotion that I feel towards her, it would be hate not like." I grunted.

"Shut up both of you." My father growled.

Silence as we finished dinner.

As everyone cleared everything, I sat arms folded glaring at the table.

"Matt..." My gran called from the other side of the table.

"Hm?" I grunted.

"You cannot possibly..." She started.

"Gran, I do hate her. I hate her, I hate everything about her, and she's annoying. End of." I said angrily.

"Dear, hate is a very strong word, it can only be used in precise conditions, when one is quite sure they loathe..." She started again.

"I am quite sure that I loathe everything about her." I finished.

"I am disappointed in you Matt; you cannot possibly put it all on this girl, maybe if you saw it from her point of view..." My gran started.

I scoffed.

"All I am saying is, her shoes may be different to yours." My gran ended.

"Of course they would be different...her shoes are probably from France." I smirked.

"Matt, don't be a twerp, I'm sure you'd feel different if you were in her shoes and she was in your shoes, you'd both learn to respect each other." My gran said wisely.

"No thank you." I spat walking away.

"You will have to learn Matt, you will." My gran called after me.

I only just caught a glimpse of my grans twinkling eyes as I walked away.

The twinkle she always got when she saw or knew something I didn't.

Humph, I thought waking to my room.

I sat staring out of my window, the cold didn't bother me, I liked it, the moon had a special kind of glow tonight, it caught my eyes, and for some reason kept my gaze fixed upon it.

I hate Aliz Jones, and I wouldn't stop hating her if I were in her shoes. Nothing, in this whole world could stop me from hating Aliz Jones.

- ALIZ P.O.V -
I walked out of the front door and straight outside to cool my anger, it was getting dark already as I sat on my front wall staring out into the navy blue sky as twinkling stars gradually popped out.

The full moon was out, and it looked beautiful against that navy blue inky sky, I looked up at it, my eyes fixed to it's mysterious glow.

I hate Matt Baines, and I wouldn't stop hating him if I were in his shoes. Nothing, in this whole world could stop me from hating Matt Baines.

- GRAN'S P.O.V -

Oh, teenagers these days.

I smiled to myself as I finished the chant, it only took a minute or so but it had worked.

I smiled to myself again; the moon looked extra pretty tonight did it not?

Hearing my grandson's words in my head again the smile re-appeared on my lips.

Oh you will learn Mathew, you will learn. And so will you Aliz.

And I'm afraid it will be the hard way, since you both refuse to stop and think about the other's life before taking actions.

I'm sure the parents won't mind me doing this? Well, they don't have to know.

"It'll just be mine and yours, secret, hey Minnie?" I laughed ruffling the dog.

Yes, they will know soon enough, let's wait until morning.

- ALIZ P.O.V -

I felt the breeze and shuddered, I walked back into my house and went straight to my room, feeling tired all of a sudden I got straight into my bed and fell asleep.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I yawned, and looked around, why the hell was I sleepy at this time? Before I could change, I felt a heavy sleep coming on, shrugging I fell asleep quickly on my bed.

- ALIZ P.O.V -

Some sort of weird noise was going off in the background.

I scrunched up my nose and opened my eyes.

It took longer than usual for them to adjust.

And when my vision became clearer, I went all dizzy as I sprung upwards.

Oh my God! What the hell?

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I grunted as the faint sound of an alarm as going off somewhere.

I slammed my hands across the desk to switch it off, but I hit air...there was no desk there,
I squinted my eyes open, but everything was a bit of a blur.

As everything became clearer I rubbed my eyes twice, as my mouth hung opened.

Oh my God! What the hell?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the switching P.O.V's a lot!
But it was important to read how they both felt
:)