Footprints of a vampire

Strange Occurences

- ALIZ P.O.V -

I rubbed my eyes as my heart raced with panic, and when I opened my eyes again, the panic was eliminated.

I sighed deeply looking around; I was feeling strangely odd, like I was in a different place.

I closed my eyes again and then opened them again just to make sure.

I looked around timidly, and everything was the same, the weird noise which I swear wasn't my alarm, had in fact been my alarm…

Was I going mad? Because when I first opened my eyes, I could have sworn I was somewhere else, the image was already slipping out of my mind, but I was...probably...most definitely...hallucinating?

"Aliz come on!" My mother shouted from outside the door,

I looked at the clock, I had woken up 15 minutes later then usual.

Humph I climbed out of bed and took a shower hurriedly and got dressed.

I felt peculiarly better, better than yesterday and strangely refreshed, it must have been the nice long sleep I had, I couldn't even remember feeling so tired last night.

"Je ne suis pas affame, au'revoir!" I shouted from near the front door telling my mum I wasn't hungry.

"Aliz! Attente! Attente!" She was shouting for me to wait before I could sprint out of the front door.

"I know we were having bad chat yesterday during dinner, but Aliz I want you to know anyone who is making you feel uhh bad, is making your mother feeling bad too." She smiled.

"Er...oui..." Was all I could say.

"And as for zis disgraceful garcon, you should stay out of his way and be good girl eh Aliz, do that for your mama?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes...

"Aliz?" She asked again.

"Oui mama, I will stay out of his way." I agreed.

"Ahh bonne fille, now give me kiss." She beamed coming towards me.

I kissed her cheek and said goodbye.

"I love you!" She shouted quickly before I was out of the door.

"Late Jones. Late!" I heard Nikki's voice ahead of me.

"Hi." I mumbled walking straight past her.

"Woah Jones Hold up! I just waited 10 minutes for you!" She exclaimed.

"Should have gone without me then, if you're complaining!" I hissed.

"Clearly someone got out on the wrong side of the bed!" She said raising her eyebrow.

I sighed - actually I woke up on the right side of the bed today.

"I'm sorry okay," I replied.

"Hey where were you last period yesterday, I looked for you and couldn't find you..." Nikki asked nervously.

"Oh, well...Matt got me wet." I said remembering my terrible ordeal yesterday.

She stopped for a moment her mouth hanging opened.

"I thought you hated him!" She gawped.

"I do." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So you let him fuck you?!" She wailed.

"Huh?!" I breathed ready to throttle her for her thoughts.

"He got you wet!" She exclaimed again.

"Nikki!" I yelled.

"Wet as in, he pulled me into the swimming pool and I almost drowned - you idiot!" I shouted.

She burst out laughing.

"Oh I knew that...Well I didn't...Blame my brother, he has a dirty mind, and it seems to run in the family..." She smirked stopping in mid sentence.

"Nikki, I'm just going to hide today, I don't want to see him or bump into him..." I continued, talking about Matt.

"Hey, that's really not going to happen considering you have most of your classes together...just stick it through..." She suggested, that was when I stopped walking.

"Jones, Jones?" Nikki repeated turning round to see me standing on the spot biting my lip slightly.

"It was him Nikki, I'm sure of it..." I sprung out.

"Him what?" She asked confused.

"The attack...it was...I'm certain...I...it was him...I know it..." I said continuing walking with Nikki.

"That's a pretty big accusation Jones..." She said reluctantly.

"I know! I know! But I can remember those eyes, it has to be him...it makes sense, the same eyes, the fact he knew my name but what I can't figure out is, I slashed the attacker on his palm, and Matt has a scar in the same exact place but it's faint, like it was done ages ago, so I don't know but I'm so sure it's him..." I bit my lip again thinking.

"It could be...but why would he..." Nikki started.

"Forget it Nikki. Just forget it." I ended the conversation, I didn't need other people trying to find flaws in my theory, it was him I know it was him.

"Hey, I might dye my hair back to black what do you think?" She asked, flicking her blonde hair all over the place.

"Do it, I need the blonde bits in mine re-dying, they look green..." I said funnily.

"Huh, they do a little bit! We'll meet after school to do hair! I'll put pink in yours, I need to strip the pink from my hair and I fancy going all black..." She told me.

"Sounds good to me." I replied.

We walked the rest of the way to school in silence, we made it just in time as the bell went when we stepped foot into the corridor.

"I have to go to my locker." Nikki told me, I nodded following her; I was going to go to the toilets to sort my hair out as the wind blew it everywhere.

As we wormed our way to her locker through the sea of students trying to get to form to get registered, I spotted a familiar head bobbing up and down and then stopping next to the girls toilets.

I inwardly growled, it was him.

"Hello earth to Jones...." Nikki waved her hand in front of my face.

"Eh, Uh Huh?" I asked.

"The toilets are over there!" She smirked.

"Yeah, ha-ha, I'll see you in form." I rolled my eyes walking across the corridor.

"Mrs Jones, How many times?" I heard the head teacher shout.

I rolled my eyes for the millionth time today!

"Yes?" I asked urgently.

"There is no rule stating piercings other than the ears are allowed to be worn within this school, these rules apply to the Sixth formers as well! And I can see 2 extra piercings below your lower lip." He informed me for the millionth time as well!

"Snakebites." I corrected for him.

"I don't care if their monkey-bites, zebra-bites, bird-bites or fish-bites take them out, and you Mr Baines!" He shouted as well.

I looked to Nikki who had her nose septum ring in and a stud below her lower lip; she pointed at me laughing and ran blending in within the crowd before he could get her.

"Yes?" I heard Matt's obnoxious voice behind me.

"I see you are still wearing that ridiculous ring on your lip, take it out pronto!" The head teacher growled.

"Yeah well if I have to take it out, so does she!" He hissed pointing at me.

"I have already formed Miss Jones; now take them out before I send letters home! I have warned you countless times before!" He roared storming off.

Before any one of us could make glaring eye contact I went to rush past Matt to the toilets when he went to rush past me to get to the boys toilets, we bumped shoulders.

Not softly either, it seemed like we both did it on purpose, but as our shoulders collided and made contact I felt a rush of something go through me. A sense of static rushed through me and I froze feeling a weird tension settling between us.

And I guess he felt weird too because he spun around to look at me like I just gave him some weird disease, I rushed into the bathroom feeling dizzy all of a sudden.

My eyes went all blurry and I grabbed the sink whilst I closed them, feeling sick slightly.

Was I going to black out?

My whole body began to shake as my knees buckled slightly.

I was glad no one else was in here, because they'd be wondering the same thing I was, what the hell was happening to me?

Was this because I missed breakfast?!

I closed my eyes shut tight to ease the dizziness that was overcoming me, but it didn't help.

I felt like the floor beneath me was shaking, I felt myself flying, but my knees were on the ground.

I clenched the sink tighter tensing my jaw, was I going to be sick?

I gasped for air as I fell forwards.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I rushed into the bathroom feeling myself about to vomit any second.

What the hell was happening to me? I felt dizzy and sick all of a sudden, I ran into a cubicle and felt a small sweat break out on my forehead.

I closed my eyes for a second as I felt myself about to black out; I felt my heart rate decreasing slowly, what the hell was happening?

My hands started to shake slightly, I clenched my fists leaning over the toilet just in case I was sick, and my eyes shut tight.

Was this because I had an extra bit to eat for breakfast?!

My head was spinning, I was spinning, no the floor was spinning...no...I don't know what was spinning but something definitely was spinning!

I panted slightly as I fell backwards.

- ALIZ P.O.V -

Everything went black for a second as I slowly opened my eyes, had I just blacked out?

I slowly looked around feeling oddly weird; my neck was hurting for some reason because I was hunched over something.

I looked around and got up abruptly, where did that toilet come from?!

"What the -" I started but stopped as soon as I heard the voice.

How did I end up in a cubicle? I don't remember walking or stumbling into a cubicle!

Calm down, calm down, I must have walked in and forgotten right?

And then something else hit me right in the face.

I gulped, not wanting to hear it again.

My voice…What the hell happened to my voice?

"H-hello..." I started testing my voice and as realisation hit me hard in the face and kept hitting me repeatedly I grabbed my face in horror.

"Argh!" I screamed the bathroom down; I had a man's voice!

I panicked, my hands shaking from anxiety, I looked down and my eyes bulged.

Why was I wearing black jeans, black shoes and a Hadouken t-shirt? I don't even own any of these clothes? What the hell was happening?

I stared down at myself, I was fatter...no...not fatter...broader…taller...

"Oh. My. God." I said in total shock.

I peered out of the cubicle, the floor was white...but the floor was supposed to be blue!

Had I landed in the Twilight Zone?!

Wait this had to be a dream, it had to be, there was no logical explanation to this, this was insane, this was madness, maybe I was in a coma?

I walked out slowly taking a look around.

Urinals? How the hell did they end up in the girl's bathroom? Why? How? What? I was so damn confused!

I walked towards the mirror and bent down to splash some water on my face, dismissing my reflection I double took it when I saw it and my jaw dropped to the ground.

And then I screamed.

Not my usual girly scream, it was a manly scream.

I screamed again and again until the sound of my own screams began to annoy me.

- MATT'S P.O.V -

I picked myself up off the floor feeling slightly dizzy but better than before.

Well, that was weird huh? As I got up some hair flicked across my face, I unknowingly moved it behind my ear and carried on getting up, I stopped in midair.

I looked down at my feet, pink shoes?

I looked at my legs, grey jeans?

I looked at my top, grey hoody?

I looked at my fingers, black nail varnish?

I brought my now feminine hands up to my head and felt the long hair.

Oh. My. God. What the hell?

I spun around to look into the mirror.

I screamed.

Not a manly scream either, it was a complete girly scream.

Nevertheless it was a scream, and it ached my throat but I continued screaming as I looked at my reflection.

This couldn't be happening. How was this possible? Even thought my brain and heart were both screaming how absurd this was, I ignored the tiny voice at the back of my mind telling me that this was technically possible.

I ignored it and continued screaming. This couldn't be happening; I was a God damn girl.

And I was Aliz Jones.