Status: Read this

Candy Clouds

Candy clouds

Flashing. Flashing. The lights kept flashing and the music made the floor quiver as people throbbed like romantic hearts. No one thought. Thinking wasn’t allowed. Thinking can’t even happen. The constant banging of bass low frequencies. Low frequencies.
She tried shoving past boney skinned elbows of the pool of girls and their handlers. They should be tamed. They should be on a leash and made to sit. Like she was made to. He had her once, with whip in hand and left pocket-filled with candy. When she had taken them she felt a sudden lapse in time. She felt her head be engulfed by the thudding of the music. If that’s even the appropriate title. But she could not be the wild serene pulse that He, They, Them, and It wanted her to be. She left as soon as the euphoria dulled, and she could finally think again.
She walked through the horde holding herself up in a purposeful manner. She was heading towards the door. Red Exit lights the dimmest light at the Rave. Smoke circled and billowed with her breath. She could not wade through the crowd. Girls, like her in silver sequins and gasping for more. More. More. Tic-Tacs, yeah that’s what the kids call them. The girls puckered at the guys, sneering and snarling opening mouths wide for the candy. The candy?
More… More…
She had just escaped from her master and was darting and weaving through the others. The candy fell from the fog swirling ceiling painted with fragmented beams and colored like highlighters addressing the animals. It was dark. Blacked out like sharpie bleeding out on white paper. Split milliseconds revealed this to her and that was how she found the dimness of the Exit sign that sadly laid sprawled on its perched above the double doors.
“Where are you going?” He asked as pulsating lights shimmered. His long key-like fingers firmly splayed across her shoulder.
“I can’t think.” She replied.
“You’re not supposed to. There is no reason to think. Here.” He said removing the candy from his pocket.
“Candy?” She asked. No. She knew this was candy but she didn’t want to know.
“You look sick. Take them and come back with me.”
He reached for her as she receded closer to the doors.
“I want…” she began.
“More?” others answered.
“Yes” said another.
“More.”
The room filled with questions and eager palms flew up in the air. The masters threw the candy up. And wild talons curled, snatching the bi-colored candy. Each popped one, two, three or more into their mouths each greedy sound clinked against their enameled fangs.
“Come.” He said patting his pocket.
“I don’t want to.”
“I don’t want any.”
He sneered at her, removing the whip from his back pocket. “You WANT more.”
“She needs more.” Another master replied.
“Moooreee.” Said a ecstasy smothered girl.
She backed away from him. She knew the door was behind her, she felt the lever give. But she could not leave. It was this in fact: SHE NEEDED MORE.