Welcome to My Life

Chapter 1

Jack Barakat was going through her locker. It was in there, he knew it. And he wanted it back. 'If I were a girl.. where would you put a picture?' Jack thought to himself, and looked through the girls backpack. He thought she stole the picture that was all of his heart. The picture of him and his father. The only picture he had of them, since their house had burnt down a month ago. It was the only picture he was able to save.

"What do you think you are DOING?" Talia hissed, crossing her arms. Her southern accent was heavy when she was mad, so she sounded like she was about to round up some cattle, and she was rounding up the cattle. He chuckled, then snapped back to the current situation.

He whipped around, and gave her a sly smirk. "I know you have my picture, and I want it back. You know how much it means to me. Give it back." He said lowly, looking down at her, his eyes in slits. Jack's eyes showed pure hatred for the ginger girl.

Talia smiled. "What makes you think I have it, Jacky?" She tilted her head innocently, batting her long eyelashes.

Jack rolled his eyes. "Because you're you! You take everything from me for no reason. I want the damn picture, so give it back."

Talia laughed. "Even if I did have it, what makes you think I would give it to you? After what you have done to me?"

"It doesn't matter what I did. If anything, what I did helped you out, because ever since that incident, you have become popular, and you know that." Jack growled, "Give back the damn picture."

"Y'know Jack, we don't have to be enemies." Talia shrugged, and walked over to her locker, getting on her toes to grab a book from her top shelf. "I mean, maybe if you were nicer to me, you'd be able to have more friends, dear." She flipped through the pages of the book until she ran across a photo. "You still haven't given me my necklace back." She said under her breath.

Jack snatched the photo from her hands. "You don't deserve the necklace. It's too pretty for your ugly heart."

"Jack, it's a cow."

"Yeah, well it's a pretty cow." Jack said, and pursed his lips. "Aren't you supposed to be in first period?" He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but I saw you at my locker." Talia responded. "Besides, I wanted to tell you that there's a new kid. He's pretty nice." Talia shrugged, and flipped her hair, turned around, and walked away from Jack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex's first day at Dulaney High was going good so far. He had met this really nice girl, who had huge green eyes, and a colorful personality. She had invited him to sit with her and her friends at lunch, and he had accepted, having no other friends at the school yet.

"So, how do you like the school so far?" The girl asked, and Alex could tell she was from somewhere in the south.

"I guess it's a pretty good school. So far the people are really nice.. and the teachers aren't too terrible. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get in to a music class, though." Alex responded, with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Yeah, I think we can get that fixed. If you really wanted to." Talia responded sweetly, and she saw Jack pass by, and her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Uh.. what?" Alex said, and looked around her, and caught sight of what she was glaring at. A tall boy, who had brown eyes, and carried himself in the most awkward way. "Oh, who's that?" Alex asked, "Can you introduce me to him, please?"

Talia looked at Alex, giving a look of bewilderment. "That's Jack Barakat. He's- well- I- okay.." Talia stood up, and Alex followed like a baby duckling, trodding after its mother.

Talia told Alex to stay back for a minute, and she went to approach Jack. He was way taller than she was, and Alex couldn't help but to laugh. Alex noticed that Talia was making hand gestures and pointing at Alex, and saw that Jack was rolling his eyes.

Talia walked toward Alex again, and grabbed his hand to lead him over to the place where she just was. "Alex, this is Jack Barakat." She grumbled angrily. "Jack, this is Alex Gaskarth." She slumped her shoulders, showing she wasn't too happy.

"Why so angry, Tal?" Jack smirked.

"Don't call me that, you aren't my friend." Talia hissed.

"We don't have to be enemies, Tal!" Jack said mockingly, and Alex looked at the two.

"We don't have to be friends either." Talia shot back, her eyes flashing with anger.

"Gasp! Tal, you're breaking my poor little heart!"

"Does it look like I care, Jack.. ass." She said, not knowing what else to call him to insult him.

Jack put a hand to his forehead, and wiped away one of his fake tears. Talia left, greatly annoyed. "Uh, it was nice meeting you!" Alex smiled, and held out one of his hands.

"Yeah, you too." Jack smiled back at the shorter boy. "I like your hair." He said, shaking Alex's hand, and walking away.

Alex blushed, and went back to where he previously sat. 'I wonder what's up with him and Talia... He seemed to make her really pissed off..' He thought to himself. 'Maybe I should stay away from him..'
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know I'm bored and I have nothing else to do with my life man. I'm terrible at writing fanfictions, so I don't give a shit if you don't like it. It's my story not yours. You don't have to read it either, so.. I don't like mind so. This is sucky so far, but it'll get better so yeah. Sorry ;-;