Somewhere in Neverland

Chapter 4

The night after the interview, Logan and Alexa sat in silence in the same room. Logan was scrolling through Tumblr on his laptop, lying comfortably on Alexa’s bed. Alexa was doing the same, but on her desktop, at her desk. They were both wearing comfortable clothing. Logan was in basketball shorts and a tee shirt, Alexa was in a Panic! At The Disco hoodie, and basketball shorts.

“Logan, turn on music, please.” Alexa said, turning around in her swivel chair, petting her cat softly. “Oh! Turn on Punk Goes Pop!” She said, jumping up and down in her seat happily.

Logan rolled his eyes… He hated pop music, but if it was ‘Punk Goes Pop’, he would be okay, and it wouldn’t necessarily be that bad. As long as his sister enjoyed it, or whatever, it was okay. “Okay, Alexa, hang on a second.” He laughed quietly, and opened a new tab for YouTube.

As soon as music started playing, Alexa started moving around in her seat, and her long hair was swooshing around. “This is my jam!” Alexa said, laughing happily, and jumped up out of her chair, accidentally throwing her cat up in the air in the process, and the poor creature quickly scurried away.

Logan rolled off of Alexa’s bed from laughing so hard, and the laptop landed safely on the bed. The sound that Logan made attracted the attention of Austin and Alan, who quickly ran to the room the twins were in, only to find both of them laughing hysterically on the ground, holding their sides. “Uh… What’s going on here?” Alan said, holding Alexa’s cat, and petting it gently.

Alexa popped up, and smiled at the two who were looking at the younger adults like they were crazy. “Oh hey! We’re just listening to Punk Goes Pop!” She explained, and pointed at Logan’s laptop, which was currently playing Blame It, covered by Of Mice & Men. “I kind of got caught up in the music, and started dancing, and Logan fell off my bed laughing at me…”

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alexa, happy birthday to you~!” Was the first thing Alexa had heard that morning. Vic, Alex, Tony, Alan, Austin, and Jack were in her room, singing happy birthday to her happily. She had almost forgot. She was turning 19, and Alexa didn’t think it was a big deal, so she rolled her eyes and sat up.

“Thanks for the… enthusiasm, guys.” Alexa smiled softly, laughing at them. She stretched, and looked at them all individually. “How… Kind of you to wake me up at…” She looked behind her at her alarm clock. “At 7:00 in the morning.” She groaned, and slumped. “It’s so earlyyy.” She complained, jutting her soft pink bottom lip out.

“It was Austin’s idea.” Vic said, pointing at Austin, who had a huge, cheesy grin on his face. “We agreed to sing happy birthday to you, because birthdays are big deals, you know!?” Vic said, laughing quietly.

“Not to me.” Alexa said, “But I thank you for singing happy birthday to me.”

The doorbell rang later on in the day, and Alexa quickly stood up to answer the door, like she always did. She swung the door open, “Hello.” She greeted, not paying attention to the person who was standing on the front porch of the Carlile estate.

“Ugh.” The person replied, and Alexa figured out who she was dealing with. It was Elisa. Alexa returned the ‘ugh’. Everything about Elisa annoyed Alexa. From her pale, freckled skin, to her medium-length black hair, and her brown eyes. The way she treated Alexa pissed her off too.

“What do you want.” Alexa hissed at the girl standing in front of her.

“It’s your brother’s birthday today.” Elisa said, rolling her eyes.

Alexa folded her arms over her chest. “You act like I don’t know when my own brother’s birthday is.” She growled lowly, glaring at Elisa.

“Obviously you don’t if you asked why I’m here.” Elisa said and popped the gum she had previously been chewing.
“Aren’t you an idiot.” Alexa mumbled under her breath, slyly rolling her eyes. “I think I would know the date of my twin brother’s birth, as we were born the same exact day.”

“Whatever.” Elisa said, pushing past Alexa, and walking in to the house, totally uninvited, and unwanted by Alexa.

Elisa and Alexa glared at each other from across the table. It was a family tradition for the Carlile’s to have a family and friend dinner on their birthdays. The band member’s ate their food awkwardly, not very comfortable with the situation they were in.

“So… nice… weather we’re having…” Jack said, biting the inside of his cheek, trying to start some small talk, and to make the situation less awkward. He hated awkward silences, so he guessed he was going to be the one to make it less awkward.

“Duh. It’s summer. It’s supposed to be nice.” Elisa said, bringing her glare from Alexa to Jack. “That’s why it’s called summer.”

“Don’t be rude to him, he was trying to make it less awkward.” Alex said, looking at Elisa like she was a complete idiot (and she was).

“Well, he should know that it’s nice out when it’s summer time.” Elisa said, and Logan was trying not to laugh at the stupid, oblivious girl.

“Oh my God.” Alexa mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm tired, and I have math homework to do, I have a frikin D in math, and an F in English so teehee >->