Status: Please let me know what you guys think!

Perchance to Dream

Papers to Grade

She never loved him as much as he loved her. She never gave up a thing for him, while he had given up his own hopes of grad school to follower her where he had not been accepted. It wasn’t that Lenore didn’t love him, she did, she just loved her ambitions, her pets, her mother and herself more.

When he told her he was for going is plans of grad school to be with her she flew in to a rage.” Why would you throw away your future for a relationship that may not work?” She had screamed.

She had said this despite the fact that they had been together over 3 years when he told her of his plans. What she didn’t understand was, she was his future. He loved her more than he ever loved anyone or anything before. To him it was worth it to be with her and for her to be happy. He knew she didn’t love him as much as he loved her, his friends knew it too, and they had tried desperately to get him to leave her, but he knew he couldn’t. He was bound to her. She was his soul mate perhaps she just didn’t know he was hers yet. One day he would get to her soft gushy inside and the world would be perfect.

Adam tossed the butter knife in the sink and replaced the top of the bagel and pressed it down so the strawberry cream cheese erupted from the edges and the center just like she liked it. It was a cold dreary fall day in Lexington, Kentucky . The cold rain was beating the vibrantly colored leaves off of the trees outside of their apartment. The wind whistled through the ill sealed old building, giving the feeling that one real good gust of wind would knock it over. The gloominess outside intensified the warmth and coziness inside the tiny apartment.

Lenore lay on their bed sound asleep. Adam shook his head. She was beautiful , even if he was the only man on earth who though so. On this lazy Saturday she had made no attempt to make her self look presentable for the outside world, after all, “I’m just grading stupid freshmen’s papers.” Her typically unmanageable brown hair sat atop her head in a large lopsided bun with a few tendrils of curls escaping here and there. Her long dark eyelashes lay on her rosy cheeks, her gray eyes closed, her tiny pink lips open only enough to allow a snore to escape. She was dressed in an old ripped up Ohio State hoodie, their almatter, black leggings and her Tiffany’s blue toenails peaked out from under her fleece blanket. A pen rested gently in her hand and a large stack of ‘Intro to Archaeology’ papers lay on her stomach. To her left lay her large but graceful black mutt, and from the window sill her fluffy cat looked indignantly at him.

Their room was mess. Books , and scientific journals and boxes of animal bones from the sites Lenore had been working on filled every free space. “Snuffs,” Adam whispered the large black dog lifted his light brown eyes that stood in stark contrast to his fur. “Come and get it boy,” he hissed as he tossed a bit of the bagel on the floor. In no particular hurry, Snuffels, Snuffs, for short, hoped off the bed leaving an open space for Adam to climb in bed next to Lenore. Softly and gently he did. Once by her side he buried his nose in the crook of her neck and inhaled deeply. She smelled of green apple shampoo and dryer sheets. This small action jostled her away. She inhaled through her nose as she rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hands. The stack of papers slid from her chest to the floor as she stretched.

“Fuck ,” she hissed groggily, and she began to reach for the fallen assignments.

“Hey, hey, hey, where do you think your going?” Adam asked as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back into him.

“Really?” she groaned, and rolled her eyes, “ I had a dream about my grandmother, while you let me nap,” Lenore said trying to ignore his advances.

“Oh yeah? What did she have to say this time?” Adam said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, and he continued to pull her close and kiss her neck.

“Don’t make fun of me,” she said crossly.

“But Bear,” he said as he began to tug at her hoodie, “I would never make fun of you I’m much to frightened of you,” he said as he managed to pull her hoodie over her head.

“You should be afraid of me. I have a lot of shit to get done,” She said trying to ignore his advances.

“I know and I’m at the top of that list right, Baby.”

“You are not attractive or cute. You know that right?”

“So you say,” Adam said and he exposed her white stomach , and tossed her shirt off the bed, before placing a worshipful kiss on her stomach.
“Stop it!” Lenore said giving his head a shove, “You know I don’t like you touching, or looking at, or even thinking about my fat.”

“Fine,” he said as he slung his leg over her and climbed on top of her pinning her to the bed, “ Then let these puppies free.” Adam began to gently massage her breasts through her bra.

Lenore hated his often times stupid and insulting terminology, however she twisted her arms behind her back to unclasp her bra. As soon as Adam saw the fabric loosen he was quick to dispose of it. Ever so gently he brought he lips to her taunt nipple. A slight flick of his tongue, before he began to suck ever so slightly. Lenore closed her eyes, a slight smile crossed her face as she brought her arms above her head . His teeth dragging across her flesh. This is why she put up with all of his annoying, loveie dovie crap. He knew how to touch her. His hands began to massage her breasts , slowly, gently .

Suddenly he stopped. “What, what’s wrong” Lenore asked eyes flying open, her bliss interrupted. Adam looked as all the color had drained from his face, “What did you just realize you were gay or I was disgusting or something?”

“Lenore,” He began numb, “ I umm… I think there is… is a um… I think you have…um …”

“Stop fucking stammering and say it.”
“I think you have a lump,” Adam spat quickly as though the words were poison, and if they remained in his mouth too long they would kill him.

“What that’s absurd!” Lenore said pushing him off of her. She grabbed her bra and began to redress herself, “Get out of here, I’ve got shit to do and I don’t need you distracting me any more than you already have!”

“Lenore,” Adam began as he reached out to her.

“Fucking go!” She shouted tears welling in her eyes.

Adam new there was nothing he could do to argue, not when she was like this he knew he had to just let it be and let her come to him, “Come on, Snuffs. Let’s go for a walk.” and the graceful black dog followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know if you like and want more! :) Thanks for reading!