Status: Active but slow updates. Comment, Rec and Subscribe!

The Switch

Practice

Van's POV

"Ha! Your shirt came off in the window." Dana laughed obnoxiously almost falling over while we were on the bench at lacrosse practice waiting to go in.

I had known Dana since she had moved three years ago. Ever since then she had become my closest friend. She had crystal blue eyes and bleached her already natural blonde hair so she would be able to temporarily color her hair every two weeks. This weeks color, baby blue.

I rolled my eyes at her response and shook my head. "Whatever. If Dick Head wasn't in the window it wouldn't have been that much of a problem." I said twirling my stick out of habit.

"You know, I’m pretty sure you two clash so much because you are both alike in a lot of ways." She said sipping her water. “Opposite attract eventually.”

"Right." I nodded popping my headphones in and putting my iPod in my black and white stripped bra, also flipping my septum piercing up before putting my face guard on. I shouldn’t have played with it in the first place but the last thing I needed was for it to close up a second time.

"How do you play with those in your ears, let alone get them to actually stay in?" Dana questioned as I turned Travi$ Scott and A$AP Ferg up.

Music moved me. No matter what I was doing I needed the push of the beat. It was weird but I needed the words to keep my mind clear, to focus me and to drive me. I didn’t need air, I didn’t need water, and I didn’t even need the blood to flow through my veins or the adrenaline to kick in. I needed the music.

"I don't know. It’s just does it." I shrugged as we got ready to play.

She only gave a small nod and shrugged it off. We got used to each other’s weird tendencies. Sometimes we tried to understand them but we had to face the fact that it probably would never work. As we walked onto the field her eyes wondered around to examine her surroundings and to see who exactly was in with us. "Why Reid is eyeing your ass like a piece of steak.”

I looked back and saw him wink while he effortlessly caught a baseball.

Reid's POV

She rolled her eyes and scoffed turning back around as Coach Myers blew her whistle. I guess part of the reason I annoyed the shit out of Vannah was because I knew she would never sleep with me, so since I couldn't have fun that way then I'd just find another way to do it. And believe me, there is no ‘I annoy you because I like you thing’ going on between us. Just pure entertainment.

"Reid, stop staring at ass and catch the ball!" Gary called.

"I'm not! And I caught the ball dip shit!" I said holding up the ball and rolling my eyes as we ran back to the dug out.

"Okay guys we have a big game next week and this determines if we go to the championships." Coach Plummer explained. “And I need every last one of you to be focused…”

I looked up for a second as he continued to speak and saw Van doing her dance meaning she made a goal. I sighed and shook my head. She was probably the weirdest person I had ever met aside from the people in the Comic Book Club.

Van's POV

"I did that.” I said starting to dance to the song as it played.

Everybody called mainly called ‘Boo’ or used the now signature ‘Go home Vannah’ as Addie tossed the ball back for me to catch, which I managed to do while I still danced.

I wasn't going to acknowledge the fact that Reid was staring again. I didn't get him. He was an ass who got whatever he wanted but then he could be all around creepy. Sure he was cute but I'd like him more if he wasn't mad that I wouldn't sleep with him (The whole thing had obvious since I shot him down the first time we met).

"Hey are you going to the carnival tomorrow?" Dana asked as we walked back to the locker room.

"Why?" I sighed knowing she wanted to go and was going to make me go.

"Because we are going. You, me, Tyler and Nixon." She nudged at the fact that Nixon was going.

I had known he had liked me a little for a few months. We flirted back and fourth occasionally but nothing happened really and I guess we were both alright with that. To be honest I never concerned myself with having a relationship. I wouldn't lie either, he was hot. He had brown eyes short dark brown hair along and was tall with a somewhat muscular build.

"I'm not going because he is, I'm going for funnel cake." I declared skipping the rest of the way.

=X=


Third POV

Later on that night when Vannah had gotten into her room she blasted her music, somewhat to get back at Reid for yesterday, but it didn’t matter since he wasn't home yet.

Reid got into his room and heard the faint sounds of her music though his window, no specific genre of course. He looked outside the window and saw Van mouth words to the song, bouncing slightly as she brushed her hair after getting out of the shower.

At first he thought he might have had a small show to watch but then he remembered seeing her smile and the way the sun hit eye eyes outside during practice, but soon after he realized what he was thinking about and shook his head, leaving his room.

Reid knew he would never admit to himself he liked Vannah. Meanwhile, Vannah knew she would never really change her feelings about him knowing he wasn’t going to change.