Status: R for future chapters

Expect the Unexpected

California Despising

Ella 'Day' Emerson despises California already, and she had just moved there. The house she moved in was generously big. It had a heated pool in the backyard, three bedrooms upstairs, a living area, and kitchen downstairs, and a den in the basement. The house's view stretched out to the sea, and the French glass doors showed the scenery flawlessly.

Ella had just finished packing when she heard a knocking on her door. She was reading comfortably on her plush couch with a blanket slung over her legs. She put a bookmark in her book, and stood up, fixing her soft, light brown hair slightly. She brushed off all of the dust that might have formed on her, and went to the door, opening it slowly and cautiously.

"Hello, neighbor!" A bright and cheery voice said, startling the awkward girl a bit. "I'm Austin Carlile! It's nice to meet you!" The man towered over Ella, so she had to tilt her head upwards to look at him correctly. Austin was wearing a red plaid shirt, and his colourful tattoos were visible. He had on a pair of casual pants, and his hair was kind of crazy.

Ella tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I'm Day. Well, Ella, but everyone calls me Day." She announced proudly, making sure the man knew who he was dealing with; a strong, independent, playful young woman.

"Nice to meet you, Day." The man laughed generously, and he stepped aside, to reveal a young girl, maybe around 16 years old. "This is my younger sister, her name is Alexa." He smiled brightly at both the girls.

"Can I go home now." The girl said bitterly, looking down at her feet. She didn't seem too happy to be out and about with her brother. Her skin was pale, and looked fragile. Her eyes were blue, and her hair was blonde. She didn't look like her brother at all. She was wearing a Pierce The Veil sweater, and her hair was in a braid. It was dip dyed, so the ends were blue.

"Alexa.. don't be so rude.." Austin sighed, looking down at his sister sadly. "I'm sorry about that, she's just not really used to other people. She spends most of her time on the internet.

"Oh, it's okay, I understand. I like your shirt, Alexa." Day said, smiling sweetly at the younger girl.

"I would compliment you back, but I don't like you. I don't even know you and I want to punch you in the boob." The girl hissed, and laughed when Day's eyes widened a little in shock.

"Okay, uh, I'm.. sorry?" Day questioned her apology. What a little brat. Her and her brother were nothing alike, and she already acknowledged that. Austin seemed nice, mature, and smart. His sister seemed like a complete bitch, though Day would never even think of telling him that.

The girl stormed off, without even telling her brother where she was going, though it would most likely be to her house, in a dark room, listening to her music so loud it drowns out the whole world, cuddling her laptop, scrolling through tumblr, and eating.

Austin sighed, "I'm really sorry about her, I don't know what has gotten in to her.. She used to be so sweet, but I guess.. I dunno, I guess she just doesn't like you.. But don't let that affect you, because she doesn't know what to think of anyone. She's a really closed up person, and it takes some time to get to know her."

"Oh, I understand, it's okay. I totally get it." Day smiled softly, "Uh, I have to finish cleaning, so I should go.. It was nice meeting you!"

---

Austin was definitely throwing that girl a house warming party. It's the least he could do, after his sister was being rude to her. He took out his iPhone, and texted everyone in his contacts. "Hey, party at my neighbors house! Bring food, and drinks! -Austin"

---

At 8 o'clock, people started arriving at Ella's house, knocking generously. Ella was dressed in shorts, and a blue tank top, and she had on white vans. Her hair was in beach waves, and she hadn't any makeup on.

When she swung the door open, she was surprised to find a mob of people, smiling at her happily, and they filed in to her house. She stood there in shock. There was tall people, small people, blonde people, ginger people, chubby people, skinny people, people of all sorts. Austin was the last to enter the house. He stood in the door way, and smiled at her. "I decided to throw you a party to welcome you. It's the least I could do for what my sister did and said."

Ella couldn't even speak, she was in awe. Austin was such a nice person, and he invited these people to help get her used to the people of California.. what a sweetheart.

---

"Hey." Ella heard a voice say. She was sitting on her hammock outside, softly swinging, and sipping her whipped cream vodka slowly. "Why are you out here? It's your party."

Ella turned around, and saw a man who was taller than her, but not as tall as Austin. He had red hair, that brushed over his eyes, and a cute smile. He walked over to her slowly, as if approaching a ticking time bomb.

"It got really hot in there, so, I decided to step out for a breather. I'm Ella by the way, but you can call me Day if you would like to." She offered, and scooted over from her spot on the hammock, patting her hand down on the space next to her lightly, offering the male a seat.

He smiled, and sat down on the hammock. "I'm Alan. I'm one of Austin's friends." When he said that, a grey and white kitten approached, mewling softly, falling over its legs.

"Oh my gosh! It's so cute!" Ella squealed, and walked swiftly to the kitten, scooping it up gently. "It's so soft! I'm naming it Mittens!" She giggled quietly, and walked back over to Alan, who was smiling.

"Do you like cats?" He asked, chuckling softly.

"Yes! I love cats! I mean.. not in the crazy cat lady way, just in the 'I-like-having-an-animals-company' kind of way, y'know?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I understand. I like cats too. They're my favorite animal." Alan said, pushing some of his hair out of his face. "Mind if I hold it?" He asked, holding out one of his large hands.

Ella put the kitten in his hand delicately, and he did the unexpected. He held it to his face, and smiled, "It's so soft." He giggled.

"ALAAAAAAAAAN"

"VIKTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR"

"I FOUND YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU ALAAAAN!"

Ella and Alan burst out laughing, scaring the kitten. Ella took the kitten, and it wiggled its way in to her jacket pocket. "I'm assuming his name is Vic, and I'm assuming he's also drunk."

"Yeah, that's Vic. He's a great guy. He's really nice." Alan responded, smiling at the short girl next to him. "I should get him back to Austin's house.. it was really nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you another day?" He asked.

Ella nodded, and grabbed a pen from her shorts pocket. "Hold out your hand." She said, and he did as he was told. She wrote down her number. "There. Now you can get a hold of me whenever you want." She smiled, and Alan laughed.

Before Alan left, Ella noticed he smelled really good, and the way he helped his friend back to Austin's house made him see really caring. Not to mention Ella thought he was really cute, though she'd just keep that to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was kind of just an introduction chapter, so don't hate it xD