Summer Loving

Brian-tamer

The ride home turned to lunch and lunch turned to going with Brian to see him and the guys record at the studio. She looked forward to going to the studio, as it would give her time to actually socialize with the rest of the guys, instead of awkwardly avoiding them.

“And this is where all the sad shit happens,” Zack said, pointing to a room with Johnny and a piano.

Beyond that room, was an open area with a few tables, a fridge, and a microwave.

“Kitchen?” Ally presumed.

“Yeah. We just kind of chill in here and drink beers or eat when we’re not recording.

Zack proceeded to get himself a beer and pop the top off with his sandal. Brian, meanwhile, was climbing to get a granola bar off the top of the fridge. He was distracted however, by a package of soufflé.

“That’s how you make a soufflé dude, I figured it out!” he said excitedly, “Eggs… little bit of yeast,” he trailed off.

God, he’s an idiot, was Ally’s first thought between her laughs. When her laughter subsided, her second thought was how much she wanted to kiss him.

After the tour, she found herself in a room with Zack and Brian. She was sitting with Zack on a couch listening to Brian tune his guitar and test the recording equipment. After Brian had annoyed Zack sufficiently by tuning a maddeningly high note, Zack picked up and left, leaving Ally alone with Brian and one of the producers.

After hearing a montage of fuck’s and shit’s while Brian messed up reps of a guitar solo, Ally stood up and walked towards Brian, putting her hands on his shoulders. As she began to massage his shoulders, he began to tense up.

“Relax,” she whispered to him.

“How long have you been listening?”

“Oh, the last twenty reps or so,” she smiled, “Relax. You’re focusing too much.”

And with that, he got a good recording on his second try afterwards, curse-word-free. Brian had left to get a beer and smoke a cigarette, and his producer approached Ally.

“So who are you, Brian-tamer?”

“Allison. Just a friend,” she explained.

“Name’s Walter. Can you come with him every time he records? That was the most successful recording he’s had.”

She laughed, “He’s always like that?”

“And worse,” he said, his eyes widening, “I’m serious. You should consider coming with him. “

“I’m not sure that I can. I’ll be going to school in the fall. I may have class while you’re recording or something.”

“Well let me know when you can. We can work something out,” Walter smiled.

Allison was suddenly regretting getting so many refills at lunch, and found her way to a bathroom.

Brian had been outside, conversing with the rest of the band.

“Someone called you a sex god?” Zack asked.

After relieving herself, she walked outside, where she walked straight into a really awkward conversation she didn’t want to be a part of.

“And what proof do we have?” Matt interjected, “Some long-distance girlfriend that none of us have ever met?”

“Would you believe this?” Zack asked Ally, bringing attention to the fact that she was there.

She smiled awkwardly, “Who would call him that?”

The guys laughed in unison, and Brian’s eyes met hers. He brought this up on purpose. And in that moment, she hated him. He had thoroughly embarrassed her, even if no one else could tell. He had employed his grasp on her, and there was nothing she could do about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
- x -