Summer Loving

A Date

Missy had come to Huntington to visit Brian, on her summer break, though it would only be for a week or so. In that time, Ally had become closer friends with Ross, who as it turned out, was also a musician. Ross, however, was more into acoustic guitars and singing. She had hung out with him almost every day for the last six days. At first, it had been to avoid seeing Brian, but after the second day, she realized, she genuinely enjoyed Ross’ company.

“Come on,” Ross encouraged, “Sing with me.”

She smiled, before joining him.

“That was my best run of Shenandoah,” Ross smiled, after they had finished singing the song.

Ally blushed. The way Ross looked into her eyes, it was like he could see her, and she didn’t know if she was afraid, or if she wanted it. She felt important. She felt confident and beautiful. She hadn’t felt like this before, not from the gaze of a boy. Suddenly, his hands were on her hips, and his face was inching towards her face. She closed the gap, pressing her lips softly to his. Her arms found there way to the hair at the base of his neck. The space between their bodies had closed, as their kiss deepened. Once they were gasping for breaths, they broke apart.

“Do you want to go on a date with me?” Ross asked, quite seriously.

“Sure,” Ally replied, smiling.

“Tomorrow alright for you?”

Ally nodded, kissing his lips softly.

“It won’t be hanging out around my house, like always,” he reassured, “I mean a proper date.”

“Mhmm,” she mumbled, pressing her lips to his.

Their kiss was interrupted Ally’s phone ringing, and vibrating quite loudly, in her pocket.

“Hello,” she answered, out of breath.

“Ally?”

Shit. It was Brian. She thought. “Yeah?”

“Where are in fucktopia are you? Missy is taking today to hang out with another friend in town, and I wanted to hang out with you. No one knows where the fuck you are though.”

“I’m with Ross,” she replied, her eyes traveling to Ross.

“You’re friends with him?” he asked, almost in disgust.

“It’s not really your business, but yes.”

“You know what? I don’t give a single shit. I just want to see you.”

“I can meet up with you in ten?” she offered, looking at Ross.

Ross nodded, in response.

“Alright, your house?” Brian asked.

“Yep. See you in ten,” she said, hanging up the cell phone.

“I’m sorry… “ she started.

“I get it, Ally. You guys are friends and you’ve hardly had any time together,” Ross said, trying to comfort her, but it only made her feel worse.

“I still want to have our date,” she muttered.

“Of course,” he assured her.

“I’ll drive you,” he told her.

“Thank you,” she smiled.

After Ross had dropped her off at her house, she realized that this was her first time seeing Brian in five days. When she saw him for the first time, she got really self-conscious, not knowing what to say or how to act. How had his five romantic days with Missy changed the dynamic of the relationship between Brian and Ally?

“Hey Al,” Brian whispered, hugging her.

His scent intoxicated her, and she felt warm in his embrace. He held her close, savoring her presence. “How have you been?”

“I missed you,” he said, still hugging her, now nuzzling his head in her neck, breathing in her scent.

Her extremities had gone numb, and she was becoming less aware of her surroundings.

“You alright?”

Brian’s voice had pulled her out of the trance she had been in, “Yeah.”

“So you have me for the rest of the night for whatever you want. Takeout and Netflix?”

“Sounds great, Bri.”

“Oh, I’m recording tomorrow night. I don’t know if you’d want to come hang out with me at the studio?”

“Oh… Brian….” She was really hoping this wasn’t going to happen. “I have plans…”

“What?” he asked, as if he was positive she was going to say yes to whatever meant spending time with him.

“I have a date,” she said softly.

“A date?”

“Yeah, a date. Are you fucking deaf?” she said more firmly.

“Calm the fuck down, Ally,” he said equally as sternly.

“Yes. I have a date, Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ally's outfit

- x -

referenced a bunch of different things here:
Shenandoah
Showtime's Dexter (Specifically, Deb)