Heart Beat

New recruit?

I had rolled out of bed five hours later to get to work.

Justice was right by my side as soon as I got up and started to bark at me, playfully.

"Justice, do you want some food this morning, baby?"

Justice starts to dance around playfully, barking to tell me that he wants food.

"Okay baby, I'll get you some food right away."

I grabbed Justice some food and then made myself some breakfast while I sighed deeply.

"I really hope I don't have to train a new recruit today, especially if it's a guy."

My phone started to ring, and it had showed that it was my boss, Derek.

"Hello?"

"Hey boss. Everything okay?"

"Yes Silver, everything is fine. We have a new recruit for you to train. His name is Chase Gregory. He was in the military for quite some time, and now he wants to become an officer. Since you are the best damn officer in this unit, we need you to train him."

I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes.

"DEREK! you know how I am with training men!"

"Silver, you are one of the best police officers in this damn state. I need you to train Gregory, everyone else is busy. I need you to train him. Just get over your fear of not trusting men and train Gregory. That's an order! See you soon, Silver."

Derek hung up on me, knowing about what had happened to me when I was only 9 years old.

Maybe he was right. It was time to face my fears, and train a new recruit, whether I can trust him, or not.

I sighed and looked at a picture of me and my family while muttering, "I will find the men who killed you all. I swear on my grave that I will bring them to justice."

I looked at Justice, and kissed his head while muttering, "Come on, boy. Let's go get ready for the day."

I got dressed in my police uniform, and I sighed as I put my hair in a pony tail, and put my gun necklace around my neck while smiling.

I walked out the door with Justice, and I had smiled again, knowing I was safe with my guard dog right by my side.