Shades of Grey

Chapter 1

Being new was always a pain in the ass. New places always kinda nerves me, I'm not good with new things at all. I always tend to make an idiot of myself, atleast I thought so. I'm getting more relaxed thought! I mean, I have been in the guild for like a week now. That means I met every one atleast once right?
-

Cassie walked into the guild hall, her heel clad feet making noise as she walked on the wood floors. Her bright brown eyes looking around as everyone ignored her and kept to their conversations.

Yup, the guild had gotten used to Cassie being around.

The brown haired girl walked over to the bar and sat down, getting a smile from Mira. "Morning Cassie, how are you?" She asked in her chiper voice.

Cassie smiled back, still in her shell a little bit. "Hey Mira, I'm doing well." Cassie said and tucked some of her long brown hair behind her ear. "Do you need any help?" Cassie asked as she saw the beer mugs that needed to be washed on the counter.

Mira looked around the guild before smiling as she looked back down at Cassie. "Sure, could you go around and collect some of the empty mugs and plates?" Mira asked her.

Nodding her head, the long brown haired girl stood up and looked around before she started to help Mira out. As she passed a table that had Elfman and some black haired guy, she was stopped.

Cassie looked down at the hand that had grabbed her arm and then looked at Elfman. She arched an eyebrow, waiting for him to reason why he had stopped her. "Cassie, this is Grey. Grey, this is our new member Cassie." The kind hearted giant muscled man said. He grinned at Cassie and then looked to the ice mage.

"Um, hi." She said quietly as she looked at the guy named Grey.

Grey's dark blue eyes looked over Cassie, giving her a once over before he met her eyes. A small smirk on his face. "Hey." He said cooly, giving her one of his cool smirks and a small wave.

"Uh, hey." She said and gave him a small smile back.

"I was just telling him of what kind of magic you use." Elfman said, causing Cassie to look at him and blush. It wasn't like she was embarressed of her magic or anything. She was just surprised that someone was talking about her.

"Yeah, I never really heard of people using snow magic before." Grey said, causing Cassie to look at him. "It sounds really interesting, how'd you learn it?"

"Oh, I used to live in the north." She told him, not realizing that Elfman had left. "I got a master when I was young, and he tought me how to use it."

Grey sat up streight as he listened to Cassie and crossed his arms. "Hm, sounds lkinda like me." He told her as he looked at her. "I used to live in the north as well and practived there as well."

"What kind of magic do you use?" Cassie asked him, arching an eyebrow, a little curious about this guy.

"I'm a ice mage." He said as he moved his hands and then mage a mini ice sculpture of the guilds mark in the palm of his hand. Grey smirked as he looked at Cassie. "One of the best ice mages in the guild."

Cocky.

Cassie arched an eyebrow at the ice mage. "You really think your that strong?" She asked, amused at what the guy said. Sure she hadn't been in the guild very long, but she sure knew that there were a lot of people who were strong in the guild.

Grey opened his mouth to reply to what Cassie asked but stopped when he was suddenly attacked. "Fight me you popcicle!" Some fire mage said, his hand on fire.

"Gladly!" Grey said and for some reason stripped to his boxers before he started to fight the fire boy.

"This guild is filled with cocky idiots." Cassie mumbled and grabbed the empty mugs before going to the bar to wash them for Mira.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grey's not really cocky so that's why he's really not that cocky in the chapter. :3

This is for my friend Cassie. :D