Status: Complete

Saved From Mistery

Dying my hair because I can

Lindsey was nice enough to drive all the girls to LA so we could practice. I had never met someone nice enough to do that. I threw on my hoodie and gray sweats with converse, fancy right? Honestly I really wanted to dye my hair again. Normally I dye it a crazy color like blue or purple, sometimes I just do the under layers. I told Uncle Charlie and he could care less. Matt on the other hand said not to do red... I've come down to conclusion he's hair racist.
"You're hair racist." I stated waiting for the girls. He gave me wtf look and turned back to tv. "You don't want me to dye my hair red, you're hair racist." George came in laughing.
"No it's just that my ex is a red head and I'm waiting a bit before I do that again." My mouth hung open. Better not show Claire to him...
"MATT'S HAIR RACIST!" I screamed causing Danny to laugh.
"What the hell?" Uncle Charlie asked walking in.
"What's wrong with being a little hair racist? And alright not all red heads are bad, I just don't want to remember her." He shivered. I sat next to him.
"Does Matt need a hug?" I asked holding my arms open.
"No." He replied seriously. Uncle Charlie let out a laugh before going back to what he was doing.
"Oh and I'm dying my hair today." I noted picking up my bag.
"I want you back here before midnight." Uncle Charlie yelled. Midnight? Whoa my last curfew was 6 pm.
"Will do." I called. A white van pulled into the random parking lot we had chose, which had taken forever.
"Nice outfit." Claire noticed my sweats. She was wearing matching pink ones.
"Sweet! And nice creeper van!" I exclaimed giving her high five. Everyone laughed. "To San Diego?" I questioned making them all nod. Lindsey drove at least 30 miles over the speed limit while talking, eating, doing makeup, and singing along with us. She was a crazy good driver. We all started rapping to super bass laughing when the chorus hit.
"Damn girl!" Lindsey exclaimed eating fry. We had just gotten some McDonalds in a random city on our way to San Diego.
"What?" I asked laughing.
"You can rap!" She exclaimed.
"We'll my uncle is Charlie Scene." I smiled.
"Didn't see that one coming!" A pretty light brown hair girl said.
"I know!" A girl with identical green/hazel eyes laughed.
"So which one is which?" I asked.
"I'm Harmony, I have a tattoo of a rose on my left wrist." She showed me the red rose. It was an extremely beautiful bright red.
"I'm Melody, and I have a tattoo of a heart on my right wrist." They both smiled at the same time. Whoa that's creepy and cool at the same time. I liked Melodys tattoo, it was a simple black heart that wasn't colored in. When I turned 18 I was getting a tattoo of a trebble clef on my ankle, no doubt about it. We managed to make it to San Diego around 4. Lindsey drove us to some sort of dance studio. It was ugly on the outside, but extremely beautiful on the inside. Everyone started stretching and warming up while Melody taught me dance moves. Claire turned the song they had been working on and I could feel the beat. It sent shock waves of adrenaline through my body, sending every vein into over drive. The beat surged strait to my heart giving it a jump start.
"5,6,7,8!" Harmony yelled. The next thing I know I'm moving in sync with all the other girls. Any type of stress or pain I was feeling at the moment escalated off my shoulders. When I'd mess up we'd all laugh and start again, or just kept going.
"It's 6 now the mall closes at 8, and she's gotta be back by?" Brie pointed to me.
"12." I smiled.
"I'll drive her home." Claire offered knowing all the girls had children or boyfriends to go home to.
"To the mall!" Brie jumped and ran outside. We laughed picking up our stuff and following her. She was in the van and had it started ready to go.
"Looks like we know who's driving." Marina laughed. We laughed in agreement as Brie threatened to leave us. Once we were in Brie took off to the mall. A month a go I was begging for friends, family, and no fakes. Who knew I would've found it a week later thanks to a mess my dad had made. I shivered thinking about my dad and watched people and cars out the window.
"COME ON WE'RE ALMOST THERE!" Brie exclaimed honking the horn.
"Geez Brie!" Harmony laughed.
"Austin's gonna be there." Brie giggled smiling in the distance.
"Go!" Lindsey yelled pointing to the car that had moved.
"Yay!" Brie yelled pulling in the parking lot to get stopped up by another car. "FUUUUUUUUUUUU!" She yelled throwing her hands in the air. Everyone laughed at her while she threw her mini fit. It eventually got to the point where she was threatening everyone in her way. I laughed when we finally found a parking spot because Brie turned the van off, and jumped out screaming like a mad man. We all walked in the mall to see the food court. Lindsey showed me the way to the hair salon she went to. We made our way into the place, everyone greeted Lindsey and the girls.
"My aunt owns this place." Lindsey laughed. I made an 'o' shape with my mouth.
"You must be Rachel, I'm Lindsey's mom, but you can call me mom." An older looking Lindsey shook my hand.
"What color did you want?" She asked smiling. I grinned a devious grin as I thought about the color red, but decided against it.
"Blue, purple, and red tips." I smiled adding the red to make Matt mad. She nodded as another black haired woman came out.
"Just call me auntie." The lady replied sitting me in a chair. "Any close friend of Lindsey is classified as family." She gave a warm smile and got the hair colors. My hair is a natural light blonde so there was no need for bleaching.
When I went up to pay they refused and said it was my first time with them, but next time it would be 50% off. I thanked them and hugged them. Boy was Matt going to murder me now. I thought the blue, purple, and red looked stunning, but he was going to kill me.