Status: Complete

Saved From Mistery

Dylan the teddy bear and fighting for my life

My blue eyes were wide with fear as I ran. I ran through the forest in my backyard trying to get away from him. He was faster than me, catching up with every step I took. He grabbed my small frame and threw me to the ground. Tears fled from my eyes as I tried to pick myself up. He wasn't my real dad, how could he do this? That crazy look appeared in his brown eyes terrifying me.
"HELP!" I tried to scream, but nothing came out. He laughed hitting me again. The ground was cold against my pink cheeks. He kicked me in the ribs making me cry even more. "Somebody please help!" I called. Hoping somebody, anybody would come. He continued to kick me over again. Blood shot from my mouth scaring me even more. Suddenly I heard Dylan's voice calling me.
My blue eyes flashed open as I gasped for air. It was dark all around me, but someone had me in their arms. They were rubbing my back and whispering. Dylan's voice said my name making me jump.
"Calm down its just me. It's going to be okay." Dylan held me in his arms. I cuddled into him trying to get the images in my head removed. "Wanna know something funny?" He chuckled. I nodded into his chest wiping tears away. "You kicked me so hard I swear you broke my leg." He chuckled.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled giggling a bit. He shrugged holding me tightly. When he went to let me go I held on. "Don't let me go, he'll get me." I mumbled. It took a second for him to process it. "He's never going to hurt you, ever again." He sighed holding me again. "Plus if he woke George up trying to take you, he'd never want to come back." We both laughed at this. Someone came out from the bunks yawning.
"What's going on?" Jorel looked confused.
"Nightmare." I mumbled trembling a bit. Jorel walked over to the couch shoving Matt off.
"You want to talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head no, but continued to wipe tears. They wouldn't stop falling. Dylan rubbed my back soothingly while Jorel got the tissue box. "Nothing's going to hurt you here, unless we accidentally do something stupid." Jorel handed me a tissue.
"Yeah! I'm pretty sure your dad would kill everything before it hurt you." Dylan chuckled.
"Even spiders?" I asked sniffling.
"I'm pretty sure any of us could take care of that." Jorel chuckled.
"I'm not sure about George." Dylan laughed. Jorel chuckled looking at George. Dylan yawned putting his chin on my head.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled. He shrugged staying quiet because George turned over in his sleep. Jorel shrugged along with Dylan like it was no big deal.
"I'm not a fucking clown." George mumbled in his sleep. We looked at him as if he had lost it. "Go away children! I hate you all! Where's my daughter?!" He mumbled groaning. We started laughing as he kept mumbling. "Give me my little girl..." He mumbled. Danny came from the bunks confused. We gave him a look and held a finger to our mouths. I motioned him to come over. "I'll kill you all!" George exclaimed in his sleep. Danny grinned rolling his eyes. He went back to the bunks to sleep. I cuddled into Dylan yawning, starting to fall asleep. Jorel got up and went back to the bunks.
"You're like a big teddy bear." I laughed. Dylan chuckled laying back down. I fell asleep listening to his steady heart beat.
I woke up to laughter from the guys. Court was today, and we were all going. I went to my stuff, got what I needed, went into the bathroom, and got dressed in polyvore.com/court_story/set?id=72695448 and left the bathroom.
"Nice shirt." Dad noted laughing. I gave an innocent smile walking off the bus with Danny. I sat on Jorels lap on the way to the courthouse. It was quiet until 'Lose Yourself' by eminem came on. I didn't care who was in the car, I started rapping along. This was my jam!
"Snap back to reality!" I started the next verse. They all joined me for the chorus. George took over the next rap part. I nodded along to the beat. Then everyone took the chorus. Jorel started the verse after the chorus and didn't stop. We sang the chorus again laughing every now and then. The song started to end as I laughed at Matt who was playing the air drums. We all laughed when the song ended. "I don't want to do this." I groaned. Dad nodded in agreement as George pulled into the parking lot making my stomach churn. Was it just me or did the car ride go by to quickly? I hated this place with a passion. I took dads and Dylan's hand. There was no way I was going to make it out alone. We walked in getting stares, but ignored them. Yes it's weird to see a 14 year old holding 2 older guys hands, and talking to a bunch of other older guys. There is no need to stare in disgust if you don't know the story. We stood outside the courtroom doors.
"Whatever happens in there, don't give up." Dad hugged me.
"Never." I hugged him back. I hugged all the guys and we all went in. They got to sit upfront with us simply because they had been witnesses at the school. Everyone sat down in the court and all hell broke loose. Tears were shed, screams flew across the room, fingers pointed, and I stayed quiet.
"We call Matthew St. Claire to the stand." Matt got up and winked at me. I gave him a shy smile and started to shake. We had also fought that dad was... Well my dad. The lawyers screamed at Matt as he stayed completely calm. Dad had screamed back and fought, he almost had to leave. Matt left the stand casually and sat next to me. That went by to quickly. A lady talked to the judge and smiled a terrible smile. This couldn't be good.
"I have made if official Jordan Terrell is mrs. Rachel's father." The courtroom gasped as the guys hugged me. "But..." She interrupted. "She will go back to living with her Uncle." Before she could do anymore I did the unspeakable. I probably never would have imagined me ever doing this, but I wasn't going to live like that.
"I OBJECT!" I screamed. "I need to speak please." She sighed and nodded knowing I didnt get the chance to speak before. She was just as done with this case as I was. "Can I see that?" I asked the guard for his water bottle. The courtroom stayed silent as I got strange looks. I dumped the water all over me causing the makeup to roll off my body. My cuts, scars, and bruises showed. "My uncle has abused me your honor. He's hurt me and even tried to kill me. My father saved me from him, that's why we're standing here in court now." I wiped a tear and handed the security gaurd his bottle back. "Sorry." I mumbled. He nodded and took it. The judge grabbed the lady and whispered to her looking mad. The judge then sat up and grabbed her hammer.
"Rachel last name will be changed to Terrell, and custody goes to Jordan Terrell her father." She banged the hammer down with no objections. Cheers exploded from around the courtroom. The guys pulled me into a group hug and cheered again. We all pulled away smiling when I saw my Uncle walk over. I held my hands up to defend myself, but the hit never came. The security was taking him away.
"I'LL FIND YOU! AND WHEN I DO SO HELP ME I'LL KILL YOU!" He screamed making me jump.
"I'll never let him hurt you." Dad looked at me hugging me.
"Let's go get something to eat!" Matt yelled. We all cheered and left the court house to a little diner in San Diego. Today was the best day of my life. I was with my real family. They were disfunctional yes, okay they were worst than disfunctional. That doesn't matter though, I liked it that way. I had finally found love through fire, far from fake people, and laughter that was real. That was all I had ever wanted in life. Who knew a bunch of weirdos could save me and make being so imperfect perfect.