Status: Complete

Saved From Mistery

Court and strawberries

"HURRY UP MATT!" I yelled at him through the bathroom door. He took showers that could last forever, and I think I needed a shower worst than he did. My neon green cast really stood out compared to the other white bandages on my body. Sorry random thought. Those tend to happen frequently, and my dad just absolutely hated them. Well not the thoughts, the random outburst I would have. I learned to control them over the years, but I can't keep stopping them in my mind. It's really annoying. My leg is starting to bleed randomly, well that's not awkward. I walked over to the couch and started to investigate the cut. It had stitches! I don't think stitches are suppose to bleed. "Uncle Charlie!" I called looking to see if I could stop the bleeding somehow. Uncle Charlie walked in with Danny.
"What's up little fucker?" He asked looking at my leg. "Oh that doesn't look good." He blankly stared at my leg.
"You should get her to a hospital." Danny stated matter of fact.
"I thought you were a doctor." I winked at Danny laughing a bit. Danny tilted his head back and started laughing.
"You're funny, you know that?" I sent him a thumbs up and he rolled his eyes walking out. "You've got a handful Jordan." He said before going to the bunks. My leg looked like it had stopped bleeding so I got up.
"Take it easy little fucker." He pointed to my leg. I just shrugged and watched Matt hop into his bunk. I swiftly made my way to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. As I undressed I looked at the ugly scars that stared back at me. I hated them so much, I had done the ones on my arms myself. Uncle Charlie would have a pissy fit if I told him. I shivered a bit then hopped into the shower. The water burned my new cuts, but I had to have a shower. When I got out of the shower I quickly got dry, and dressed into this polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=70906359 . I blow dried my hair and left it naturally wavy. Then I unplugged my blow drier, wrapped it up, and walked out. My suitcase lay on my bunk, I crawled up with one arm and put my blow drier away. I started to struggle getting down, it ached to much using my right arm. Someone wrapped their arms around me and helped me down. I turned to see Danny, I gave him a smile.
"Thanks Danny," I gave him a hug. He returned it a bit awkward, but I didn't care. I pulled away and went into the kitchen. Matt had more strawberries, once he saw me he tossed me one. I barely managed to catch it with my left hand, but when I did it was gone. Matt laughed and tossed me another one, this time I caught it in my mouth.
"SCORE!" George yelled walking in. I laughed taking it out of my mouth, nibbling the end of the strawberry, then shoving it in my mouth.
"Jordan I found a way to feed her!" Matt yelled tossing me another one. I managed to catch it with my left hand and shove it in my mouth. George started laughing grabbing a beer. Uncle Charlie walked in looking confused as Matt tossed me another one. I caught it in my mouth since it was small. Uncle Charlie cracked a smile leaning against the doorway. Matt pulled a big one out. "I dare you to catch this with your mouth." He gave me a devious grin. After a year of practice with Levi, I was pretty good.
"Try me." I grinned getting into defense position for soccer. Matt tossed the big strawberry in the air. I opened my mouth, leaped in the perfect position, and caught it!
"YEAH!" Uncle Charlie and George high fived then gave me a bone crushing hug. All my cuts and joints screamed in pain, but I didn't care.
"Don't kill the champion." Matt laughed. I grinned while Uncle Charlie checked his phone.
"Shit, come one Rach we gotta get going." He grabbed his jacket, and my jacket, then ran off the bus. I waved a goodbye to the guys, only to get a strawberry thrown at my face. I grinned at Matt, shoved the strawberry in my mouth, and followed Uncle Charlie. After awhile he handed me my jacket that contained my phone in the front pocket. How did that get there? And why were we walking?
"Why are we walking?" I asked Uncle Charlie, he just shrugged.
"The courthouse is just down the street." I nodded and watched all the cars pass by. I really hoped he won this case, I didn't want to go back to my dad. "You're awfully quiet." He smirked a bit. I just shrugged and let out a sigh. He stopped walking and stood in front of me."I won't let him lay another hand on you okay?!" He basically exclaimed. I nodded holding tears back. He pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him back. I was honestly terrified of the results. We slowly made our way to the courthouse in complete silence. Once we stood in front of the courthouse, neither of us moved. I took his hand, he gave me a shy smile and intertwined our fingers.
In the courthouse my mom stood with fake tears in her eyes, what a fake. She ran over and gave me a hug just as the cameras took a picture. She was using me as a show? I pushed her away, shock filling her eyes. The news reporter took another picture as I walked away with Uncle Charlie. I was so done with faking love, with a fake family, that never loved me, ever. My older sister ran up and gave me a hug, I just pushed her away. The person who had told me story's before bed, but gave up on me was my brother. He tried to hug me, but I pushed pass him too. When were we ever going to make it to the court room? Dad stood open arms and all, but Uncle Charlie put me behind his back. I didn't have to see dad to know he was giving Uncle Charlie glares.A lady in a tight beige skirt, and a matching blouse walked towards us.

"Hello, I'm Clarissa, your lawyer." She gave me and Uncle Charlie a warm smile. I returned the smile and took her hand. "Rachel and Jordan am I correct?" She asked looking at both of us. We just nodded as she gave us a smile. Everyone started filing in the courtroom, including the guys. They all gave me a thumbs up as me and Uncle Charlie entered, I returned the thumbs up. Uncle Charlie chuckled and gave me a side hug. Clarissa pulled out some papers and neatly placed them on the table in front of her. We sat in spinning chairs next to her. I desperately wanted to just spin in the chairs while everyone fought, but this was some serious shit.
"We call Rachel Ruby Carsons to the stand." I cringed at my middle name. It had only been an hour in the courtroom and I already felt tension. Ruby was a nice name don't get me wrong it just fit horribly with my name. I mean yes mom it's my birth stone, but really? I got to the stand watching all the guys snicker at my middle name. I touched a bible and swore to tell the truth, well damn. "Now, do you think it's true that your father loves you?" He gave me a smile that said he had won, idiot.
"No." I laughed. Everyone in the courtroom gasped. The guys made their gasps more dramatic making Uncle Charlie glare at them.
"Why not?" The lawyer asked. He should know the answer by now. I looked at Uncle Charlie he just nodded.
"May I show you?" I asked looking at the judge. She shook her head no, as the lawyer smiled a awful smile. "Well um he's just a terrible dad." I started the waterworks. I couldn't tell anyone because honestly I was terrified that he'd find me.
"Do you know how worried your mom was when you left?" He asked looking happier than ever, prick.
"Well she couldn't have been that worried." I replied feeling a bit more confident.
"Because last time I saw her in the house, she was fucking the chef." I giggled as the entire court erupted into chatter.
"ORDER!" The judge banged her hammer on the table. Everyone went silent as she spoke. "We'll continue this in the morning." The judges pale face walked out of the room while my mom sent me glares. I got down from the stand to be engulfed in a hug from Uncle Charlie.
"I failed!" I exclaimed hugging him back.
"You did great little fucker!" He exclaimed back. I covered his mouth gesturing to the people.
"That's the last thing we need." I started laughing. Someones arms wrapped around my waist picking me up and spinning me around. I let out a squeal causing people to look over at us. Matt squeezed me even tighter causing all the air to escape my body. "Can't breathe." I squeaked out. He laughed and put me down while I took a giant gulp of air and coughed. All the guys started laughing as we walked toward the exit.
"HONEY!" My mom called after me. I kept walking and acted like I was into the story George was telling. "Hun!" My mom exclaimed. She caught up to me and grabbed my wrist. I flinched causing all of the guys to stare at me with wonder. "I want you to have this." She handed me a black rose necklace. It had a gold stem with little diamonds in it, on a gold chain. "It was mine as a teen." She smile as I wrapped my fingers around it.
"I really don't like that woman." Jorel stated looking away. I couldn't move as I watched her walk out of the building with the rest of my family. Uncle Charlie put a hand on my shoulder as we walked out the door and onto the bus. I remained silent just thinking about why my mom would do this? I was so confused, I thought she hated me. We arrived at a small diner, I loved diners. I quickly ran out of the tour bus the guys following behind me. Diners were the best place to eat, like ever! Especially those really small ones in those small towns. How long had we been traveling? And how did they know about this place?
"I knew you were upset and decided to take you somewhere you'd love." Uncle Charlie gave me a nudge. I grinned as a waitress in her late 40's came up to us.
"Right this way." She had us follow her to a giant half circle booth. All the guys hoped in with me trailing behind. I chose to sit at the end so I could get up first, smart thinking I know.
"Classy." Dylan looked around with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him and looked at my menu. They had just about every breakfast meal you could ever think of, and it was amazing!
"Whoa." I mumbled under my breath.
"I know we're all defiantly coming back." Uncle Charlie laughed from beside me. They all nodded in agreement as the lady came back to get our drink orders. While they ordered a beer, I got chocolate milk. Pretty amazing right? The waitress gave me a wink and she left. "I'm going to keep you around." Uncle Charlie noted pointing at me with his menu. After a few moments of silence Jorel spoke up.
"So tell me about this Levi." My heart picked up it's pace by at least 100. I just shrugged hiding behind my menu hoping nobody saw my blush.
"There's a boy?!" Dylan half screamed half whispered. I simply remained behind my menu only for it to get taken by Matt. "And she likes him!" Dylan exclaimed.
"Thanks for pointing that out caption obvious." I stated giving him a little glare. Everyone at the table erupted in a fit of laughter.
"Sometimes I wonder if you're really 14." Uncle Charlie looked back at his menu still deciding.
"Well I am." I said relieved to be off that awkward topic. If I was going to talk about Levi it would be with Courtney, but now the entire band of Hollywood Undead knew. At least it was better than being in a court room like I'm going to be in tomorrow right? Yeah, I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow.