Status: Complete

Saved From Mistery

Social worker & scary thoughts

I awoke to Levi's slight snores, and Danny shaking me. He had a worried look on his face when it hit me. The social worker was coming and the bus looked like a wreck. I sat strait up and rolled over Levi. Danny let out a laugh and helped me down, ill be so glad when this dumb neon green cast comes off. Levi sat up confused, I mouthed social worker. His eyes went wide as he hopped down and went with us into the living room. Uncle Charlie was cleaning beer bottles hungover.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled starting to help him.
"Why?" He asked whispering. George was still sleeping and I knew better than to wake him, everyone did.
"I'm putting you through hell." I laughed throwing away a bottle, and moving to the kitchen.
"You were worst as a little girl." He chuckled a bit tossing a bottle over a sleeping Matt into the trash. Danny was starting in the bathroom while Levi cleaned up the bunks. Uncle Charlie started waking up girls and having them leave. After an hour I had the kitchen completely clean, Danny had the bathroom finished, and Uncle Charlie was still working in the living area. Levi was washing the comforters trying to get the smell of weed out of them. Matt eventually got up and stated helping Uncle Charlie.
About an hour later we had the entire bus cleaned. George was still sleeping so we left him, until she came. She knocked on the door waking George up. He ran to the back realizing what was going on and cleaning himself up while Matt let her in. It smelled like weed, booze, and cleaning supplies. She wrote something down as Danny showed her to the couches. I sat between Uncle Charlie who told Levi to stay. Meaning Levi sat on the other side of me. George came in with a fake smile plastered on his face. She asked us all questions, then took us all one by one individually. First it was Danny, Jorel, George, Matt, Dylan, Levi, and Uncle Charlie. She wanted to see me and Uncle Charlie last for some odd reason. Uncle Charlie took the longest time which scared me.
An hour passed as we all sat in the back room with the dryers. I got up and started pacing to try and help relieve stress. George got annoyed and told me to sit down or he'd kill me. I did as I was told and sat with Danny and Levi. Dylan was extremely quiet as was Matt. What the hell had happened? Uncle Charlie came in rubbing his face. He took off his hat and scratched his head.
"Your turn little fucker." I got up and walked pass him. This was one of the most scariest things I had ever encountered. My heart was literally beating out of my chest. As I made my way into the living room. She gave me a warm smile when I walked in. I tried sitting across from her but she patted the spot next to her. I did as I was told and she put her arms around me. This didn't look to good.
"We would like to put you in an adoption home until we get the case closed." She finished. WHAT THE HELL? There was no hesitation in her voice, was she happy I was getting ripped away from the people I loved?
"No please no." I begged. "Please don't let me leave." A tear slipped.
"The bus smells like drugs and alcohol, they're all a bad influence, and-". I didn't let her finish.
"They're all my family. I can't leave them! You don't understand!" Tears were falling down my face. " They've been better than the people I lived with before." My voice kept cracking as I spoke. "Please. I beg you not to make me go through the misery of living without the people I love the most in my life. I mean how would you like it if you were fighting to live with the people you adored, and the next thing you know some random lady shows up and rips you away from them." I wiped my tears away angrily. She looked down at her hands.
"I'll see what I can do." She whispered. I walked over and hugged her.
"Thank you." I whispered back. She pulled away and looked at me, then she shook her head. "What?" I asked.
"Your dad- I mean Uncle Charlie look so alike and act alike." She added laughing nervously. I laughed nervously along with her. What in the hell was she talking about? "Well um ill need a tour, and ill be gone." I nodded and left to the back room. All the guys looked at me as I opened the door. Jorel walked over to me and pulled me into a tight embrace, what the hell was going on?
"It'll be okay." He stated not letting go.
"Well um she wants a tour." I said awkwardly. Soon everyone was in on our awkward hug. Matt leaned over and grabbed Levi pulling him into the hug.
"We suck at being comferting responsible adults." Danny laughed. We all laughed in agreement and were soon interupted by a cough. Everyone let go to see the social worker. We showed her around while she took notes. It didn't take very long before we were finished. She gave me hug and walked out the door.
"We aren't losing the little fucker so we must be all good!" Matt screamed. We all cheered and cracked up laughing. One thought though, one scary thought remained though. Why did she call Uncle Charlie my dad? God please let it just be a mess up.