Status: rated R for language and possible scenes

Battle Born

Far From Home

After 13 hours of almost constant driving, I'm almost to my new home.
I've moved away from my hometown of Hillsboro, Oregon and decided to made the long drive down to Huntington Beach, California.
I'm only two hours away from my new start.
I'm Aurora Copleland Spencer, and I've just graduated high school, where I was constantly bullied. It wasn't much help that at home, I was abused. Ever since the bullying got extremely bad, I've closed myself off from everybody, staying away from those who hate me, and near those who have stuck up for me, even though I never became friends with them.

~Two Hours Later~

Finally, I am at my new apartment in Huntington. It's not too bad, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a small living room, and a dining room and kitchen combined.
I've brought in most of my things, just a couple heavier boxes left. Thank god my apartment is on the bottom floor.
I was carrying one of the three heavier boxes, I lost my grip and it fell, making a huge racket that I'm sure everybody could hear.
"God fucking dammit!" I exclaimed, kneeling down to pick up what had fallen out of the box.
"Hey," I heard a man call from behind me. "Need any help?"
"Help?" I asked, turning around to face the person. "That'd be nice."
"You just move here?" He asked, kneeling down beside me to help pick everything up.
"Uh, yeah, just got here like an hour ago," I replied, closing up the box.
"Name's Zacky," He stuck his hand out for me to shake.
"Aurora," I took his hand slowly. He looks so familiar.
"That's a nice name," Zacky commented, picking up the box off the ground. "It's different."
"Thanks," I blushed, looking down at the ground.
"Uh, where do you want this box?" He called from the doorway.
"Oh!" I ran over to my apartment. "In the kitchen."
"Sweet place!" He complimented. "Looks almost exactly like mine."
"Really?" I asked, following him out to my car.
"Yeah, I live just across the hallway, our apartments are like mirrors, well except for the fact that they're going to be decorated differently."
"Well fancy that," I commented quietly.
"OK, the last box, where does it go?" He asked, standing next to me.
"What is it labeled?"
"Uh, memories."
"Oh, those can uh, go in that closet over there," I pointed to the closet next to the bathroom. "I won't be needing those anytime soon."
"Why not?" He asked after he put them in the closet.
"I don't feel like talking about it right now," I shifted uneasily. "I think, I think you should go," I said quietly, instantly remembering everything that went on in the past five years of my life.
"Okay, well, I'm across the hall if you need anything," He informed me. "I'll see you around, Aurora."
"Bye, Zacky." I called quietly.

~An Hour Later~

Finally, I'm all done unpacking. I feel kind of bad, telling Zacky to leave. I might go over to his place and apologize later.
I glance at my phone, checking the time, 6:25.
"Or now," I said to myself and put on my shoes.
I got to his door and knocked.
"Who the hell is at your door, Vengeance?" I heard a guy call from inside.
"Let me up, Johnny, and I can check!" Zacky exclaimed, clearly annoyed with whoever was on him. "One sec!"
"Johnny fucking Christ!" He yelled again. "Get the hell off me!"
I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing too loudly.
The door swung open, Zacky looked surprised when he saw me.
"Aurora! Hey!" He chirped.
"Uh, hi," I shyly waved. "I just uh, wanted to apolo-" I got cut off by one of the two people who were in there with Zacky.
"Well, hello there," The man called, smirking at me.
"Johnny, go the fuck away," Zacky pushed him away, making him stumble back a bit. "I'm sorry about him, he's just slighty drunk."
"It's alright." I replied.
"Anyways, what were you saying?" He asked, walking outside and closing his door.
"I was apologizing for just telling you to leave earlier today."
"It's fine, you looked like you needed some time alone."
"Yeah, I did, but I'm okay now."
"Hey, Zack!" Someone called from down the hall.
"Yeah, Jimmy?" he replied. Wait, that name sounds familiar too, Zacky, Jimmy, Johnny.
"Who's this?" Jimmy questioned, putting his arm over my shoulder, making me stiffen with fright.
"This is Aurora, she just moved in today. Aurora, this is Jimmy, one of my four best friends, and my drummer." Zacky introduced.
"Oh, my, god," I breathed, pulling away from Jimmy's arm. "Y-You're Avenged Sevenfold, aren't you?"
"Yeah, you a fan?" Zacky asked nonchalantly.
"Just a tad," I said quietly, becoming a little embarrassed.
"oooooo," Jimmy said quite loudly. "Does Aurora have a crush on Zacky?"
"Jimmy!" Zacky punched his arm. "Shut the hell up!"
"Alright, alright," Jimmy put his hands up in surrender. "Are Shadz and Christ here?"
"Yes, now go! I am still talking with Aurora." Zacky ushered Jimmy inside. "I'm sorry, about, him."
"It's alright,"
"So, do you maybe want to come in?" He asked, rubbing his neck nervously.
"I guess, I don't really have anything else to do," I followed him inside.
"Hey! It's Aurora!" Jimmy excitedly yelled.
"She's hot!" a very drunk Johnny noted.
"That's it!" Zacky grabbed Johnny's beer bottle. "No more drinking for the gnome."
"Hey!" Johnny fake pouted.
"Get over it, loser." Jimmy punched his arm.
"oh, Aurora, this is Matt," Zacky introduced. "Matt this is Aurora, my new neighbor."
"Nice to meet you," Matt stuck his hand out to shake.
"Pleasures all mine," I replied, shaking his hand carefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
done
finally
hope you like it