Status: Oneshot

Twitter Drama

Twitter Drama

Alex felt so bad. He wasn’t thinking when he typed those words; he never meant to be disrespectful or offending. It seemed funny last night, he was drunk and in a fantastic mood. The shock was big when he woke up and checked his twitter, just to see he made the internet explode.

He scrolled through the replies fans had sent him.

@AlexAllTimeLow how the fuck could you write this
@AlexAllTimeLow not cool man
@AlexAllTimeLow do you actually think that was funny
@AlexAllTimeLow youre a piece of shit alex
@AlexAllTimeLow ive lost so much respect for you after that
@AlexAllTimeLow thank god I didn’t go to the concert of your shitty band

He felt his heart drop while reading those tweets, there were tons of other tweets just like this, and a few in between that were defending him.

He decided to check his tumblr-tag as well, but he regretted it immediately.

There were millions of rants, some said he was a disgusting asshole, others saying he was drunk and should be forgiven. And it kept going. There were screenshots made of his tweets, so deleting them now would be pretty much useless. He really fucked up.

Noises came from the small bus kitchen and he knew the others were awake. He wondered if they already saw the twitter debacle.

“Alex? Are you gonna stay in your bunk forever or are you coming to get breakfast?” Jack asked, standing next to his bunk. Alex groaned and buried his head in his pillow. He wanted to be left alone. “Go away.”

“What’s wrong? Is it the hangover? Because if it is, I have painkillers and water right here.” Alex sighed, but accepted the things Jack offered; he actually did have a hangover.

“Do you have a problem or something?” Jack asked, frowning at Alex’s behavior.
“I fucked up.”

“What happened? I’m sure it wasn’t that bad” his friend said reassuringly. “It was, and now everyone hates me” Alex answered resigned.

With a sigh, Jack pulled back the curtain and motioned for Alex to make some space for him. He laid down next to him and took his hand, slowly rubbing circles at its back in an attempt to calm Alex down.

“Tell me what happened.” Alex swallowed heavily. “Well, I made a drunk tweet yesterday that you may have seen, and apparently it offended a lot of people and now they hate me. I never wanted to be disrespectful; I didn’t think it would get that kind of response. I just didn’t realize and I feel so bad now. What do I do now; do you think they’ll forgive me? What if I fucked everything up?” Alex was getting more and more upset, and when he finished he was on the verge of crying.

Jack engulfed him in a hug. Slowly rubbing his back he whispered, “It’s gonna be fine. You’ll apologize and they’ll forgive you. Everyone makes mistakes, you shouldn’t feel that bad. Nobody hates you, they’re just upset right now, but they’ll get over it. Wait, are you crying?”

Alex pulled away from the hug and wiped his eyes. “W-what if they think I’m a bad person? What if they won’t get over it?” Jack put his hand on Alex’s cheek. “They know you’re not a bad person, and believe me, they will forget it. This happened to lots of people. Next time you get drunk, make sure you don’t have internet access, if you don’t want something like that to happen again. But for now, all you can do is apologize and wait. It looks worse now than it really is” Jack murmured softly.

Alex sniffed and nodded. “Thank you, Jack. You’re the best, you know?”
Jack chuckled. “Yeah, I know. Let’s get some cereal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really short and really shitty. Also, I decided not to mention which twitter drama it was, because this is kinda late for the last one, but whatever.