Status: In Progress

The Scotsman

Connor O'Malley

A week passed and my back was still bruised badly but I didn't complain, I wasn't that weak. I was able to go to Abel's surgery and he did well, despite his heart having a minor panic attack. He was once again put back in the toaster and Gemma, Jax's bad-ass mother, was there to watch over him. She greeted me with cold, calculating eyes and gave a curt nod at Tara. Gemma was an intense woman who didn't accept people easily, which was understandable. After Tara gave Gemma a run down of how well Abel's surgery went, she told Gemma that I was going to take Abel down for imaging.

"Abel did survive the surgery and it was successful, but we want to make sure there is no further damage." I explained. "I will take him down to get an ultrasound of his abdomen and his heart and then I will interpret the scans."

"Sure." Gemma shrugged, eying the small boy and then me with wary eyes. "Take care of him." I nodded and gave her a smile

"I will." Tara and I set Abel up for the travel down to the ultrasound. When I leaned down to take the brake off of the moveable incubator I winced from the soreness in my back.

"Your back still bothering you?" Tara asked.

"A little. It doesn't matter." I muttered and noticed Gemma's eyes widen at me.

"You were the one that got tackled, right?" Gemma stood up.

"I can't believe everyone knows." I gave a groan, annoyed.

"No, no. Jax and Chibs were really pissed off about that guy, said he full force tackled you." Gemma explained to me. "Said you weren't really phased by it." I gave Tara panicked eyes and then sighed. I might as well tell her, she doesn't seem like the type that accepted not knowing something.

"I'm use to it, okay." I told her.

"You have someone beating you? Your husband, boyfriend?" Gemma looked angry, her eyes hard.

"My father use to beat me, for about thirteen years. I got far away from him when I graduated high school, it's been ten years since I've seen him."

"What about your mother?"

"A junkie, she was high as hell every time. She didn't really care from what I remember, she died about six years ago." Gemma didn't say anything. "I'm going to take Abel down now." I left the room and ignored Gemma questioning Tara about me.

3rd Person

SAMCRO

Gemma had returned later in the day at the club after she had made sure Abel was alright. Most of the guys were around, either playing pool or drinking. Jax had been busy all day so he was still at the club, waiting to see his son. Gemma entered the clubhouse and smiled at the boys.

"He's doing just fine, boys." Gemma told the men and a loud cheer echoed in the room, all of them raising their drinks. Jax stood up and went to the door, wanting to see his little boy. "Hold on, Jax."

"What, ma?" Jax asked, worry clouding his features.

"This isn't about your son, relax." Jax nodded and sat back down next to Clay at the bar.

"What's up, sugar?" Clay asked his wife after he took a swig of beer.

"You know that girl you men were talking about yesterday?" Gemma asked and Chibs straightened up from his slouched position against the pool table.

"Dr. O'Malley." Juice clarified.

"Yeah, her." Gemma nodded. "I got some information on her, ain't good either. She was beat by her father for thirteen years, she got far away from him when she was eighteen."

"Her mother?" Clay asked.

"Junkie, she died six years ago."

"Damn. Anything else?" Jax questioned.

"Apparently her father has been trying to contact her and won't stop calling her. Tara said it was so bad that Rose wouldn't talk to anyone for weeks, all she did was cry. Not to mention she is afraid to stay in her house. Tara keeps letting her stay at her house when she's scared."

"Where is the bastard now?" Chibs asked, his voice hard.

"No one knows but Tara thinks he's close, he's been calling the hospital from a Cali number."

"I say we go after him, show the bastard what it feels like ta be hit." Chibs suggested.

"Relax, Chibs, this isn't our jurisdiction." Clay told the angry Scotsman. "She ain't SAMCRO family, she has no importance to us."

"She saved Abel a couple days ago." Jax piped up.

"She was personally taking him down to ultrasound today. Making sure he was safe." Gemma mentioned. Clay gave a sigh and chugged his beer before slamming it down.

"I'll think about it." Clay left the room and Gemma glared at his back.

"Fuck." Jax muttered, annoyed. "I'm gonna check on Abel." He left quickly and the men waited until they heard the roar of two bikes. Clay had left too. Gemma eyed the men and gave a nod to Juice.

"Find him." Gemma told the tech and then turned to Opie and Chibs. "He finds him, you get him by tonight. Don't let Clay or Jax know. Tig, you tell Clay and I'll personally castrate you." Gemma smirked at the man. "I know you love your women." And then she left and the men all started laughing at Tig's expression.

"Hurry up, boy." Chibs told Juice and slid his sunglasses on.

Rose

Charming

It was quiet out and I had been sitting on my porch, watching the small amount of cars that drove by. Charming became quiet around seven at night when the sun was getting ready to set and when all the children had been tucked in to sleep. My house was a small, one story ranch with one bedroom and bathroom and an office. It had a small living area and attached kitchen also so it was big enough for me, considering I was the only one living in it. It had a nice size porch on the front that exposed the quiet street I lived on. I had moved to Charming when I finished my degrees and such, I did my residency at the hospital near Charming and permanently moved here.

Hearing the sound of motorcycles roar closer, I perked up and peeled my eyes for any sign of them. It wasn't a surprise that they were out and about this hour. Jax and his friends were part of Sons Of Anarchy, a motorcycle club that kept Charming somewhat protected. I saw at least one or two men on motorcycles everyday, riding around. When the bikes got onto my street I saw three of them riding side by side with their sunglasses on, blocking the sun from their eyes. All of them wore their cuts with the large reaper on the back. They drove fairly quickly down my street and I heard the engines fade away, making me smile. Thank God they weren't taking care of business nearby.

Finishing my beer, I entered my house and locked the door and shut all of the blinds. Ever since my father started calling me I became paranoid. I made sure all my doors were securely locked and that all my blinds were shut before it was dark. I hated this feeling. I hated not feeling safe in my own house. I was waiting for his daily call but it never came this night. Surprisingly I was even more terrified. What if he was outside, waiting for me. Rushing to my phone I dialed Tara's number and began crying.

"Rose? Honey, what's wrong?" Tara asked.

"He hasn't called. What if he is outside? What if he breaks in? Tara, I'm scared." I sobbed.

"Calm down, sh." Tara soothed me. "I'm going to call Jax and tell him to stop by and check out your place."

"Thank you." I wiped my eyes and gave a sigh of relief. Soon after she hung up I heard the familiar sound of a bike coming closer. The bike roared up my driveway and I heard a knock on the door, making me jolt. I peeked out the window to see Jax standing on my porch. "Thank you for coming." I told the biker and let him come in.

"I'm gonna check out your house. Just relax." I nodded at his words and watched him move around my small home. When he was finished her walked outside and checked the outside of the house, making sure no one was hiding out. "No one is here. Maybe he stopped for good?" Jax suggested to me, sitting down on my couch.

"No, he wouldn't do that. He's been calling me for weeks, he wouldn't just give up."

"Don't worry, if he ever decides to set foot in Charming, we'll take care of him." I nodded, feeling a small sense of security. "Do you want me to stay?"

"No, no. Go home." I told Jax. "Thank you, again. This means a lot."

"I would have sent Chibs since he seems to like you a lot, but he wasn't around."

"Chibs likes me?" I asked, smiling slightly but frowning. I had never even talked to him before.

"Yeah." Jax smirked. "I'll see you around, Doc." Jax left and I was alone again, the only sound was my TV playing some soap opera. I left the TV on and laid on my couch, soon falling asleep to the sounds of the actors dealing with their drama.

When I woke, it was early, and luckily I didn't need to go into work today. I had to go to the store and get some things so I wouldn't starve at home this week. I changed into a black tank top, skinny jeans and some black boots before leaving the house. The market wasn't far from my house so I walked today, keeping a close eye out for my father. Not like he would jump out from a bush, but I wanted to be careful. The market was a small building with the basic essentials, such as food, women products and hygiene items. Gliding down the aisles I grabbed simple things that weren't heavy since I had to walk home. Milk, bread, cheese, some vegetables and a small chicken to cook. I rounded the corner towards the cashier when I nearly slammed into a wide chest. I glanced up to see Chibs smiling down at me, the scars on his face lifting with his mouth.

"Sorry." I gave him a small smile, looking down at the beer he was carrying in his hand.

"It's alright, love. No harm no foul." Chibs said in his accent, making my knees go weak. "Not working today?"

"No, I don't work the rest of the weekend. Thankfully."

"I heard Jax went over ta your house yesterday."

"Uhm..."

"I know bout ya father, love. No need to be brief."

"Uhm, I was just scared that he was waiting for me outside. He usually calls every night but he didn't last night." I shrugged and I swore Chibs's eyes lit up for a second.

"Well, I guess I'll see ya round?"

"Sure." I gave him a smile and walked around him, feeling his eyes on me.

"Rose?" I turned back to face Chibs, looking up since he was tall. "If ya ever feel scared, jus' call this number and ask for me." Chibs handed me a business card that said 'Teller-Morrow Garage' on it.

"Thank you." He walked away and I stared at his back, it was covered with his cut and I gave a smile.

After the weekend passed I was back at work and my back was fully healed so I could lift patients without a problem. Tara was busy so I didn't see much of her but I knew she knew I was thankful that she had called Jax to come to my house. My father hadn't called and I was relieved but worried. The fact that he stopped calling gave me hope that he was finally done harassing me. But what if he was falsely giving me hope was a ploy to get me alone and attack me?

"Dr. O'Malley to the Radiology wing. Dr. O'Malley to the Radiology Wing." The intercom rumbled over the speakers, making me jump slightly. I made my way to the elevator and tapped my foot, waiting for the usual ding. The radiology wing was stationed with all different types if imaging devices. CT, MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound and much more.

"They need you in the MRI." A nurse told me and I nodded. Entering the small room I sat in front of the computer and nodded at the doctor who was setting the patient up. The doctor, Dr. James, entered the small room I was in and pushed on the intercom button.

"Alright, try and stay still Mr. O'Malley." Dr. James said and my eyes widened.

"What did you just say?" I asked him.

"What?" Dr. James looked at me, confused.

"His name. What is his name?"

"Conner O'Malley. I knew the name sounded familiar, your father?" I gave a weak nod. "Damn, I'm sorry, Rose. Someone found him nearly dead in an alleyway, brought him here." I gulped and looked at the image on the screen.

"Looks like hemorrhaging in the brain." I pointed out the spot and he wrote something down on his clipboard. "There is nothing else I can see."

"I'll set him up for surgery to fix that bleeder."

"Excuse me." I got up and stumbled from the imaging room to the nearest on-call room. I slid my phone from my pocket and stared at the business card. It had burning a hold in my pocket for a couple days. I dialed the number and took a deep breath.

"Teller-Morrow Garage, this is Gemma speaking." I heard Gemma's familiar voice.

"Gemma, it's Rose O'Malley." I mumbled.

"Oh yeah, the radiologist." Gemma's voice stated.

"Is Chibs around? I need to speak to him."

"Is something wrong?" Her voice had concern now.

"Yes."

"Hold on." I heard shuffling and then some yelling in the background. There were other sounds, metal hitting metal and other mechanical sounds.

"'Ello?" I heard Chib's Scottish voice.

"Chibs..." I mumbled.

"Rose?" He sounded confused and worried.

"Chibs, something... Somethings wrong."

"What, love, what is it?" He was urgent.

"My father... he, he's at the hospital."

"What?" His voice sounded shocked and surprised.

"They brought him in today, beaten badly. I don't want to be here with him." I sobbed to him. "I don't want to bother you but I can't- I won't..." I stopped and took a deep breath.

"Hey, hey, sh. Relax, love, I'll be there in a bit. Jus' stay away from him." Chibs told me. "I 'ave to go but I'll be there soon."

"Thank you." We both hung up and I laid back on the bed, sobbing. My pager went off a few times but I ignored it, knowing it was wrong but I didn't want to move. When I was paged for a fifth time I groaned and read it, already knowing that my father was asking for me. I exited the on-call room with red eyes and decided to hide out in the x-ray room, looking at films.

"Doctor?" I turned to see a tech watching me from the door frame, his eyes widened at my appearance. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, what do you need?" I wiped my eyes once again.

"Dr. James wants you, says that his patient is asking for you."

"Tell him that I don't want to see his patient."

"I think you should."

"Leave." I ordered and then turned back to some films to examine them. The tech gave a disapproving sound and left, making me feel relief. After an hour of hiding out in the film room I decided to make an appearance in Abel's room. No one was there yet so I basked in the quiet, smiling at the small baby with happiness. He was so innocent, he didn't know anything about evil or bad things. Abel was getting bigger everyday, his heart and immune system getting stronger. I heard the door open lightly and I looked up to see Chibs walking in, his sunglasses resting on his head.

"Ya alright, love?" I blushed slightly and nodded.

"I just had a panic attack. Sorry, you didn't need to come." I said quietly, fearing that my voice would bother little Abel.

"Yes I did, ya asked me ta." Chibs sat in the other chair and smiled at the baby. "He is so cute. Do ya want kids?"

"Maybe." I shrugged. "I don't have time and I don't see a husband or boyfriend anytime soon."

"Why not?" Chibs glanced at me.

"I don't get out much."

"That's alright, ya don't need ta get out to get a guy. Ya might meet one 'ere."

"Doubt that." I laughed. "Every guy here is as old as my father."

"How old is he?" Chibs looked worried.

"Sixty. I wouldn't date anyone older than fifty."

"Ah, ya like older men?"

"I guess. I did date guys much older than me in college."

"How old are ya?"

"Almost twenty-nine, how about you?"

"Forty-four." So he was sixteen years old than me. A knock sounded on the door and I groaned in annoyance at the same tech as before.

"Dr. James really wants you to go see his patient so he stops being annoying." The tech said, angry at me.

"I told you that I said no." I told him.

"Come on, just go see him. Stop being selfish, some of us like to get on with our jobs while you're hiding out here." Chibs stood up and glared at the young tech.

"I suggest ya get outta here before I show ya what men like ya get for disrespecting women." Chibs harshly told the boy. "Prick." The tech left quickly, his face showed terror and I started laughing.

"It's alright, Chibs."

"No, it ain't." He gruffly said with hard eyes. "When does ya shift end?"

"Not till five."

"I'll be back before ya shift."

"You don't have to. You can go home, I don't want to bother you, you barely know me anyway."

"I know ya enough to know that ya deserve to be cared for." I looked up at the man surprised. This man, who I had met nearly two weeks ago, had become everything I wanted. He was a rock, someone who could support me.

"That means a lot." He nodded and then held out his hand for me. I grasped his calloused fingers and he pulled me up from my chair, bringing my body to his so he could hug me. I tensed up first when my chest hit his and his arms wrapped around me, I had never been hugged like this before. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him, bringing my arms under his cut and enjoying the feeling of his toned back. My head burrowed into his chest and I smiled at how great he smelled. It was a mix between cigarette smoke and body wash that he must use, it was delicious.

"I'll see ya later, Rosie." He smirked at me and then left me with bright red cheeks and a stupid grin on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there ya go!