Status: In Progress

The Scotsman

Donna

** Self harm and abuse talk in this chapter **

3rd Person

SAMCRO

Chibs had left the hospital in an angry stride once he was out of Rose's sight, he was pissed. He had personally gone out with Opie to beat Rose's prick of a father to death and here he was, alive and close to her. Sure, she couldn't quit her job but her father- who beat her- was now in the same vicinity. When Chibs made it back to the club he grabbed Opie, Tig, Juice and Gemma and took them to the chapel, his face hard.

"What is it?" Gemma asked, hands on her hips. "Clay will wonder why we're all in here."

"Rose's father, he ain't dead." Chibs stated.

"What the fuck?" Tig shouted. "I thought you killed him!"

"So did we!" Opie hissed back. "He was dying in the alley where we left him."

"You obviously didn't do a good enough job, Jesus."

"Shut the fuck up, Trager!" Opie took a defensive stance.

"Everyone shut up!" Gemma yelled. "Shut your mouths, Clay might hear and he can't know that we did this."

"We have to do something, he's at St. Thomas." Chibs explained.

"Shit." Gemma gave an angry curse. "We can't do anything while he's in there."

"We could scare the shit outta him, make sure he knows that we'll make sure he's dead next time." Juice suggested. "Did he see your faces?" He asked Opie and Chibs.

"No, we had ski masks on." Opie told the others. "He heard my voice though, Chibs didn't want to talk in case this would happen."

"Smart." Gemma started pacing. "Tig, you and Juice go over there threaten him. Make sure he doesn't talk to Rose."

"You really like this girl, don't you?" Tig questioned the matriarch. "Any reason why?"

"She's had a hard life, a junkie mother and bastard father. She deserves a better one, she deserves protection from us."

"That's a first."

"Just go Tig, before I really do castrate you."

"Yes ma'am." Tig hurried out with Juice on his heels and Gemma laughed.

"None of this gets back to Clay. Understand?" Gemma asked Chibs and Opie. "He finds out you beat the shit outta this man, he'll have your asses."

"No worries." Chibs gave her a tight smile. "I'm headin' ova to the hospital later, keep Rose company."

"You really like her, don't you?"

"I do. I can't explain it either, she's perfect."

"Damn, we getting another old lady soon?" Opie grinned.

"Depends." Chibs patted Opie on the back and grinned at Gemma.

"Take your time, brother."

Rose

St. Thomas

I was sitting in Abel's room doing some charts when I saw two hulking men wearing the Sons cut. I perked up slightly, noticing Juice but the other man was new. He had wild, black hair with bright blue eyes and a permanent scowl etched into his face. They were walking towards the ICU, ignoring the nurses asking them questions. Wondering what they were doing, I went back to my charts and gave a smile at the baby beforehand. I did want kids, maybe one when the time came, but that might be impossible. I was too damaged for someone, most guys hated baggage. Chibs didn't, though, he seemed to understand what I was going through and accepted me. I liked Chibs, a lot. He was different, he was an intimidating biker with a protective persona and a gentle side. He was perfect.

"You really like it in here, huh?" I looked up to see Tara smiling at me. "Sorry I haven't been around, I've been so busy." She looked stressed.

"What's going on?" I asked her, worried.

"Nothing, just work."

"Tara."

"He called me today." I saw the panic on her face, her eyes started watering. "I'm scared, he found me."

"Tara, sweetie, it'll be alright. You have Jax, he'll keep you safe."

"I don't want to tell him, all he'll do is worry and I don't want that. He is so stressed with Abel and the club."

"Tara, don't do this. Don't be like me and let this go on." I sighed. "He's here, my father."

"What!?"

"They brought him in today, he was beaten badly." I put my head in my hands. "He keeps asking for me. I called Chibs and he told me to not go near him."

"You called Chibs?" She perked up.

"Stop." I groaned.

"Are you telling me you willingly called one of Jax's biker friends? Do you like him?"

"I just met him, Tara." She narrowed her eyes. "He's nice, gentle with me. He understands me and that scares me since no one except you has ever been able to understand. He came to the hospital today to keep me company, yelled at a tech who was being rude to me. He is coming later today."

"Rose! He likes you!"

"You don't know that." I countered.

"I do. Most of the guys never act like that with women unless they are interested." I glared at her. "Go out and get a drink with him, get your mind off of your dad."

"Maybe."

"I have to go. Think about what I said." Tara grinned and left the room, leaving me in silence.

"What should I do, Abel?" I asked the small child. "Do you think I should like Chibs?" I stuck my pinkie in his incubator and Abel latched on to it lightly, making me give a half smile. "I'll take that as a yes."

3rd Person

Opie's House

Opie had rode up to his house with a smile when he saw his kids playing in the backyard. He took his helmet off and slid it on the handlebar, smoothing his hair back. When he entered the backyard his kids attacked him with hugs and mindlessly chattered about school. His wife, Donna, was in the kitchen, making a snack for her children when she saw him walk in the house.

"Hey, honey." He smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Hey, Ope." Donna smiled back. "You're home early." Donna hated SAMCRO because of her husband's incarceration due to club business.

"Yeah, I have a favor to ask." Her face dropped.

"If it's anything to do with the club, then no."

"No, it's more of a favor to Chibs."

"What would he need from me?" Donna gave her husband an incredulous look.

"His girl, she is having a rough time. He wants to know if you can be a friend to her."

"Why can't Gemma do it?"

"You know how Gemma is, he's prefer if you did this for him."

"Who is she?"

"She's a radiologist at the hospital. Her father beat her for thirteen years and he's back after ten, he's been bothering her. Chibs and I roughed him up for threatening her and he somehow lived, he's at St. Thomas now."

"He knows she works there, doesn't he?" Donna looked pale, her eyes worried.

"Yes, she is terrified. She called Chibs and he had to go down to St. Thomas to comfort her."

"Sure, yes." Donna nodded her head. "She deserves some happiness."

"I'll tell Chibs, he might bring her over later, if that's fine."

"The kids will be with Piney today, so sure. It'll give us time to talk." Donna turned back to the sandwiches she was making.

"Thank you so much, Donna. You don't know how much this means." He wrapped his arms around his wife, kissing her neck.

Rose

St. Thomas

My shift was nearing it's end and I hadn't seen Chibs anywhere. Maybe he forgot? I was okay with that, he didn't need to postpone his life for mine. Juice and the other man had left awhile back with frowns on their faces. I had no clue what they had done or why they were at the hospital but I wasn't in a position to ask. My father stopped asking for me, thankfully, and he seemed to be getting worse from what Dr. James told me. His brain surgery was later tonight and apparently it was a risky procedure since his bleeder was conspicuously hidden between two lobes. It gave me some hope that he would die and that I would finally be rid of my father. All he had done was give me pain, fear and sadness. He was like a plague, infecting me no matter where he was. I spent years after I left home in terror, never leaving the home in fear of him finding me. When my mother died, I didn't bother going. It sounded like I was a bitch but she didn't help me at all. She would watch when my father would beat me, laugh, get high and complain about me being a baby.

I had scars all over my body from my father. Burn marks, cut marks and marks from when he whipped me with a belt. Sure, I could have left and gotten help when I was a kid but I was scared, I didn't want to be put in foster car. When I was fifteen, I went through a phase where I was really depressed so I cut myself. I had visible marks on my thighs and wrists from when I used scissors to cut myself. I tried to kill myself three times, twice with cutting myself and once trying to drown myself. My father found me every time and saved me. That surprised me since I knew he wanted me dead, but letting me kill myself was too easy for him. He had to be the one to kill me. When I turned eighteen I got the hell away from him and moved to Charming, I didn't think he'd find me. But he did.

"Ya alright, love? Ya thinkin' hard bout something." Chibs's voice surprised me and my head snapped up to his face. He was standing next to me at the nurse's station, his hand moved to my shoulder and he gently put his hand there.

"Uhm, yeah, sorry." I gave a small smile. "My shift is over in twenty minutes."

"Good, I 'ave someone I want ya ta meet."

"Who?"

"Her names Donna." Chibs gave my shoulder a squeeze. "She wants ta keep ya company, keep ya mind off things."

"Why are you being so nice to me, Chibs?" That surprised him, making his face go from happy to shocked, and then shocked to a frown.

"Ya deserve it. I want ta help ya."

"Alright." I nodded and handed a nurse a chart before turning to him. "I'm gonna change and then I'll meet you outside." He nodded and left me, slipping his sunglasses on his face. A nurse smirked at me and then turned back to her work, making me smile. I changed into my casual clothes, a t-shirt, jeans and my boots. Chibs was smoking a cigarette when I got outside, he was leaning on his bike. I smiled at him, eying his attire over. He was wearing his usual long sleeve shirt with a t-shirt over it and his cut on top of that. He had on loose jeans with work boots on under them and a chain that probably held his wallet. He was insanely attractive despite his age.

"Ya followin' me or do ya wanna ride with me?" He asked and I glanced at his bike, I had never been on one before. "Ya don't have ta if ya don't wanna."

"I will." I nodded, ignoring my inner judgment and gave him a grin. "Never done this before."

"Here." He handed me his helmet and helped me clip it on, his fingers brushing my jaw. "Climb on behind me." I did as he said and slid myself forward so I was pressed against him. His hands came back and pulled my arms to wrap around torso, making sure they were tight. "Just hold on tight, love." I nodded against his back and we were off, leaving St. Thomas with a loud roar as a reminder. The ride was short as we weaved through neighborhood streets and ended at a small home. Another bike was in the driveway along with a brown truck and a sliver car. Chibs climbed off first and helped me off, taking my helmet from me. His hand grabbed mine lightly and he led me towards the front door, which was open. "Ope!" Chibs shouted into the house as we walked in.

"Chibs?" A male voice called back.

"Yea!" Chibs yelled back and led me through the house into a kitchen. "Brother." Chibs greeted an extremely tall man and gave him a man hug. "Rosie, this is Opie." I smiled at the man, he was like a big bear. He had a long, brown beard with matching hair and brown eyes.

"Hey, Rose. My wife Donna is outside if you wanna go meet her." Opie pointed at the sliding door and I nodded, leaving Chib's side to meet this Donna woman. The men moved away and started talking so I shut the sliding door and looked around for a women. Sitting at a small table was a short woman with chin length brown hair and matching eyes.

"Hi, you must be Rose." The woman stood up and held her hand out. "I'm Donna."

"Hello." I smiled and she led me to the table. "You have a nice house."

"Thank you, not much but it's good enough." Donna laughed. "So, you're Chibs's girl?"
"Uhm, I guess."

"He hasn't asked you?"

"We just met two weeks ago. I haven't really gotten to know him." I shrugged.

"He's a good man, let me just say that. You'll be happy if you stay with him."

"I can tell that he is." I smiled and remembered how he came to the hospital for me.

"I know you've had a hard time, lately. Opie told me about your father, I hope you don't mind."

"No, I'm pretty sure all of Jax's friends know. It isn't a secret anymore."

"I heard he is in the hospital."

"Beaten badly." I nodded.

"Do they know who did that to him?"

"No. I'm in debt to them, though." She looked at me surprised. "He has plagued me my whole life and now, now he knows what it feels like. He might die, that's what his doctor told me. Is it bad that I wish he would?"

"No, not after what he did to you." Donna put a hand on mine and gave it a squeeze. "I know we just met and all, and I know you won't tell me your whole life story..." She trailed off. "I think we're going to be real good friends."

"I do too." We both laughed and I looked up to see Chibs watching me through the garage door, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Donna, when I watched the show she was one of my favorites. She is so strong and sweet!