Status: In Progress

The Scotsman

Shredded Remains

Rose

St. Thomas

The next morning Chibs dropped me off at the hospital since I had ridden with him to Opie and Donna's last night. I waved goodbye to the handsome biker and walked to my car so I could take it home. I had had a great night with Donna, Opie and Chibs. Donna and I ended up making dinner for the men and we all sat and talked. It was different for me, I wasn't use to this and it felt right to be around these people.

"Dr. O'Malley!" I looked up to see Dr. James walking towards me, his blond hair messy and his brown eyes warm. "Your father... He made it through the surgery." I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

"You got the hemorrhage?" I asked.

"Yes, it was difficult but we managed to stop it. He'll need to rest, and once his ribs heal he'll be on his feet."

"I need to go." I whispered.

"Rose, aren't you happy?"

"No. I'm not." I left Dr. James with a confused expression, his eyes watching my car peel from the parking lot. He wasn't dead. My father was still going to haunt me- give me nightmares.

When I got home I ended up falling asleep on my couch, not waking up till late afternoon to someone knocking on my door. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I was greeted to Tara standing outside my house, a sheepish look on her face. "Hey, you alright?" I asked, allowing her in.

"I just needed to talk to you." Tara admitted and made herself comfortable on my couch. "Josh, I think he's here."

"Why do you say that?" I handed her a beer. Josh Kohn was an agent for the ATF and had dated Tara back when she was in Chicago. He had gotten violent with her so she left, got a restraining order and never heard from him again. It bothered me that he was in Charming. It was like one thing after another- my father comes after me and then is miraculously alive, and now Tara's ex is in town after her.

"I came outside to find rose petals on my car. They had been there for awhile."

"Shit, did you tell Jax?"

"No, he was leaving when I stopped by so I left my car with them to get it checked out." Tara searched through her purse for something and produced a gun.

"Tara..."

"I just need to have a sense of security." She whispered. "If he is here, he won't leave me alone. This is like what happened with you and your father."

"He survived." I bluntly stated and took a swig of beer.

"He survived the surgery?"

"Yes." I shut my eyes and felt tears welling in my eyes. "I am so terrified, you have no idea. He can still hurt me." Her arms wrapped around me and I cried into her shoulder, sadness flooding me. "I'm not safe."

"I wish we were." Was all she said and then we both went silent, just holding each other. Once we stopped crying Tara perked up somewhat. "Can you drop me off tomorrow to pick up the Cutlass?"

"Sure, no problem. Spend the night, we can have a girls night." I smiled at her. "I need it."

"That sounds fun."

"Come on, we can go out to eat." I stood up and grabbed my purse, watching her stand up and shove the gun back in her purse. "Make sure no one sees that." When Tara and I had finished our food at the small diner in town we drove back to my house and watched movies. We both fell asleep in my living room, seemingly unaware of the man watching us through my windows.

The next morning I woke up with a yawn, the sun in my eyes. Tara was cuddled into my couch with her hair all over the place. Laughing, I made a pot of coffee and made a quick breakfast for us. I knew Tara worked the night shift tonight so she needed her car soon, and I wanted an excuse to see Chibs.

"Yum, eggs." Tara smiled as she entered my tiny kitchen, grabbing a plate. "Thanks."

"Sure thing, we need to get your car soon. You work tonight."

"Shit, I almost forgot." Tara groaned. "When do you work?"

"Tomorrow night, got the graveyard shift."

"Damn, I hate night shifts." We ate in silence and I went to change into something more attractive since I would be leaving the house. I changed into jean shorts, a loose white top and black high heels- good enough. Tara was already waiting for me to take her to the garage, her sunglasses on. "Ready?" She smiled at me. "Any reason you're dressed like that?" She winked.

"Don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged and locked my house, double checking it. The ride was short and quiet, Tara was looking at something on her phone- probably a text from Jax. Teller-Morrow garage wasn't busy but all the men had something to do, their hands shoved deep inside cars and bikes. I pulled up into a parking spot next to some bikes and climbed out of my Chevy Camero.

"Think it's done yet?" Tara wondered as she looked at her Cutlass from far away.

"Let's find out." We both walked towards the garage, my shoes making loud clicks. I knew I was getting looks from a bunch of men but the only eyes I wanted to see was Chibs. When I looked in the garage I saw Chibs slid under a car, grease covering his pants and shirt. Tara left me to walk over to the Scotsman alone while she talked to a younger looking man about her car. "You got a minute?" I asked Chibs, making him jerk in surprise. "Sorry." I gave a small laugh and watched him slide out from under the car, a smile on his face. It dropped when he saw me, his eyes traveled my body and I swore I saw his jaw drop.

"Ya all pretty for me?" Chibs wiped his hands on a towel.

"Nah." I winked. "I dropped Tara off to pick up her Cutlass."

"Nice of ya." He stepped closer, his body inches from mine. "Ya free tonight?"

"Definitely."

"Go out with me." Chibs smiled at me and I blushed.

"Pick me up at eight." He nodded and then grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. Wolf whistles echoed in the garage and I hid my face into Chibs's chest, feeling his torso vibrate from laughing.

"No need to be shy, Rosie."

"Shut up." I smacked his arm and saw him give a half smile, his scars lifting. "Walk me to my car?" He nodded and slung an arm over my shoulder, slowly walking with me towards my vehicle.

"Ya don't mind ridin' my bike tonight, do ya lass?"

"Not at all."

"Good." Chibs opened my car door for me and watched me get into the driver's seat. "See ya tonight." He leaned in and kissed my temple before shutting my door and walking off. I giggled when he got high fives from some of the other mechanics, he looked quite happy. I drove off with a happy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Tonight was going to be a good night.

When night came I had been mulling over my outfit. I couldn't wear the dress I wanted since I would be riding on a bike, so I opted to wear torn skinny jeans. I had found a black, sleeveless, lace top that I hadn't worn yet and nude colored heels. Suitable. I had straightened my blonde hair and done my make up somewhat darker since we'd be out and about. When eight rolled around I sat on my porch, messing around with my phone. I heard the motorcycle before I saw Chibs roll down my street. In all his glory, he rode up my driveway with a stupid smirk on his face. He wore a black button down with a leather jacket over it and his cut over that. I met him halfway and he admired my outfit, nodding in approval and taking my hand.

"Ya look good." Chibs commented.
"And so do you." I let him help me get on the bike since my heels made it hard to maneuver. Chibs got on in front of me and I wrapped my arms around him tightly, waiting for him to go. When he did, it scared me slightly but I didn't say anything. I would have to get use to this. Chibs took me to a bar that was outside of Charming, but not too far away. His arm found it's way around my waist and he led me inside, taking me to an open table.

"Ya want anything special, love?"

"Jack and coke." I gave him a large smile and watched him walk away to the bar. The place wasn't too big but it had a small dance floor for couples who wanted to slow dance. Tables and booths were all over and a large bar was in the back. Chibs came back and handed me my glass and took a swig of his beer. "Thanks."
"Ya doin' okay? Ya dad not botherin' ya anymore?" His question surprised me, only because he was spot on with the dad thing.

"Yeah, he stopped asking for me." I shrugged. "He had his surgery last night and he survived." I muttered.

"Rosie."

"It's okay, I just need to stay away from him. Kind of hard to do when I'm in the hospital working." Chibs's hand found mine and gave it a squeeze before landing on my knee, rubbing circles in my skin.

"It'll be alright." He gave me a smile. "Ya like ridin' my bike?"

"Of course. Scares me at first but you get use to it."

"Glad ta hear it, because you'll on the back of it for a long time."

"Oh, really now?" I smirked and his hand tightened on my knee.

"You'll see, love." We both laughed and soon started talking, our conversations were casual. It was so easy to talk to him, we didn't have any issues making a conversation and making last. When midnight rolled around, Chibs and I made our way outside. Luckily we weren't drunk, we had only gotten a few drinks in the time span that we had been at the bar. We rode on the bike, driving around for awhile, enjoying the wind against our faces. I loved the feeling of being pressed up against his back, feeling the coils of muscles he had back there. My house was in sight and I suddenly felt like I was losing an important part of me. Chibs parked in the driveway and helped me off his Dyna, keeping his hand intertwined with mine. "Am I getting a good night kiss?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe." I smirked and climbed the three steps up to my porch when I saw the broken glass and ajar door. "What the hell.." I backed away slightly, my back hitting Chibs's chest.

"Stay back." He ordered and took his gun out from his holster. Stepping over the broken glass he made his way into my home, gun ready. After torturous minutes of waiting for Chibs to return back to the porch, he did. His gun was put away but he had a frown on his face.

"What? What's wrong?" I questioned.

"Look." He led me inside and on my floor was all the pictures of Tara and I that I had and pink rose petals. The pictures were torn up and all that was left was Tara's face, mine were all shredded.
♠ ♠ ♠
There ya go! Some more lovely Chibs <3