Status: Updates are sporadic..but I hope to change this as time goes on...story is also far from complete!

Blue Spirit

Wicked Waverly

authors note: New chapter..yay! Same disclaimers as always! Also, I don't remember most of what went on in specific episodes, so locations will be my own take on events, and whatI think COULD happen. This is fiction technically..after all. Anyways..On with the show!

Chapter 8: Wicked Waverly

It was now a few days after the drunk Joey incident where Bastion made himself visible, and the group was on their way to another location. This time it was a rather big one, and with a bit of a history. Besides Gettysburg, it was a place Joey had always wanted to check out. He was riding his motorcycle just ahead of the van carrying the Ghost Adventures Crew, so when they got there, he was the first to see it as he rounded a bend.

It was an absolutely monstrous building, made up of a couple of large wings at least. And that was what Joey could tell from the front of the place. Lifting his helmets visor, he couldn't believe just how big the place was. And it was quiet, but being abandoned or closed as it was, he wasn't too surprised about that. He got the feeling it wouldn't stay that way though, at least not once they were locked in and it was night time. He chained his motorcycle up like usual, and he could feel Bastion behind his, unseen to all but him as usual, also looking up at the massive building.

"...I've never seen a place like this..." the spirit said. That was no surprise, as he had died in battle long before the place was even built, at least Joey thought so, as he didn't know exactly when the place was built. He was pretty sure it was after Bastion died at least. He agreed with the spirit in a sense, as he'd never seen it up close, only in pictures and on television around Halloween.

"I've always wanted to see this place in person..." Joey said, not adding the rest of what he wanted to say, for fear of upsetting the ghost who had slowly become his friend. He thought it though 'just like I did with Gettysburg...' He moved forward and joined the others on the normal tour of the place, and he flinched when he heard the amount of poor people who died in the building, especially the children. He'd learned about the TB outbreaks in school before he went to juvenile, and he'd always found it horrible and depressing. He could only imagine how the people sent here felt.

When the tour was over, after hearing about an odd shadow creature that was supposedly seen quite often, the G.A.C set up their X's, and set up their "base camp" where water and some snacks were kept. Then not long after, dusk fell, and they were locked in, with a soft good luck from the person who did so. Joey reached up and fiddled with his self made night vision headgear, turning it on, and sliding it down to rest over his eyes, so he could see. He caught Bastion's faint outline at one point, and knew the spirit was up to his old 'gotta protect you' tricks. He tolerated it though, because so few had ever done something like it for him.

He volunteered to check out the body chute, and got a reluctant okay from Zak, before he waved a two fingered sort of wave, heading in that direction. When he reached it, he went a few steps in and then stopped, lifting a small recording device and hitting the on button gently. Soon enough he was surrounded with darkness, and thanking whoever was above that he'd remembered to put his self-made goggles on earlier.

"God...I'm dead and this place is getting to me already!" he heard Bastion say quietly from somewhere behind him. A message came over the walkie-talkie at Joey's hip that said Nick and Aaron where still on the same floor as the "camp" for now, and Zak was up two more floors. Time passed slowly it felt like, but out of nowhere Joey tripped on something his goggles didn't catch, and did a rather painful face plant onto the stone "steps" leading down through the tunnel.

"OW! Mother fucker!" he yelled as his nose hit the hard surface. He got up onto his knees, and put a hand up to his nose, which was now bleeding rather badly. It wasn't broken, he could tell that all too easily thanks to all the fights he'd been in, but it did hurt like hell. He got up, and tilted to the wall side briefly, a little dazed by the fall apparently. He waited it out, then turned to see what the hell he could have tripped over. Keeping his hand over his nose that didn't seem to want to stop bleeding, he noticed there was nothing there. And he'd been careful with his steps and where he stopped. Growling, he headed back up the tunnel.

"I guess somethin' wanted my attention or whatever...and it fuckin' got it" he grumbled, blood just slightly seeping between his gloved fingers now. "Damn this hurts...as much as if it was broken...which it isn't" he added the last part, feeling that Bastion was about to ask if it was. He came out of the dark tunnel, just as Zak came down the stairs to the bottom floor where the "camp" was located. The older man noticed the blood, and quickly directed the teenager to the first aid kit in the "camp", making him sit, with his head tilted back. Zak dug through the kit, and pulled out a wad of gauze, tearing some off and handing it to Joey, who promptly shoved it up against his nose, carefully, and pinched, breathing deeply through his mouth as he did.

"What the hell happened?" asked Zak, and Joey answered, sounding mildly silly, but still understandable.

"Something decided to make me face plant, hard, in the body chute. It was either a patient being a joker, or being a dick" The teen grumbled, the blood finally slowly it's flow down as it started coming to a halt. "Soon as this here nosebleed quits...whatever it is will get it..." He lifted the gauze, which was now almost entirely red, from his nose. "Has it stopped?" Zak glanced at the teen's face briefly. It was stained with blood, which was darkening as it dried, but there was no longer anything bright or fresh.

"Looks like it, but I'd like you to wait for awhile before going back into the tunnel..I'll send Nick and Aaron in temporarily" Zak lifted his hand to stop the protest he knew was coming as the teen opened his mouth, and called the other two over the hand held walkie-talkie he was carrying, telling them where to go. Joey heard Aaron's response, and Nick saying something about "okay", then Zak turned back to face him. "Did that...ghost..friend of yours see anything before you fell?" Zak was referring to Bastion being able to see other spirits, being one himself. Joey shook his head, then blinked as the mentioned spirit suddenly rushed passed Zak, who blinked at the sudden breeze.

"I'll give it a guess and say that was him going by me..but why was he going so fast...wait..the guys!" Zak called them on the little hand held machine like before, but got no answer. "Damnit..." he turned and ran for the body shoot, a slightly dazed but otherwise alright Joey following not far behind. Zak got a big shock when he arrived in the body chute, as Aaron and Nick watched. They couldn't film, as something has completely sapped their cameras battery power. It was pretty easy to see what it might have been. Bastion was visible, and seemed to be grappling, hand to "hand", with some sort of black shadowy figure. The former confederate soldier's body was outline in a sort of see through blue fire like energy, while the other "ghost" was solid black.

The shoving match as it was escalated rather fast when the shade, as Joey was silently calling it, managed to throw Bastion further down the tunnel. It turned to them, and rushed right for them, yelling in a language or something that Joey couldn't understand a word of. It had almost reached them when Bastion hit it from behind, both ghosts passing right through Joey as he did, making the teen shiver with the sudden change in temperature. All 4 living men spun to keep their eyes on the two, when the shade made a screeching noise that made them put their hands up over their ears. Bastion stumbled backwards, and hit the wall, without going through. Even when he was "solid" so to speak he still sank into walls if he tried to lean on them. Bastion didn't stay down long though. As a stunned Joey watched, he seemed to hit the shade, hard, and Joey couldn't almost hear the collision of first on 'face' as the good spirit did this. The shade screeched again, and turning, vanished into the frigid tunnel air. Bastion stumbled again, and faded away, at a shockingly rapid pace.
Now Joey couldn't even feel his presence, and it hurt. He hated the fact that it hurt, but it did regardless. He'd gotten used to and even begun to enjoy the spirit's company and quiet companionship.

"Bastion...?" he whispered, getting no answer. Zak decided enough was enough. No matter how excited they were about this lock-down, they would do no more. He took them all back to 'camp', and radioed for someone to come let them out, as quickly as possible. Right around twenty minutes after he made the call, they were let out, carrying their supplies and gear. Joey was oddly silent, his eyes somewhat wide with what looked like a form of shock, or something very similar. If anyone had looked closer, they'd see a light watery sheen covering them as well. He shook his head, grinding his teeth together, before jamming his helmet down over his head and lowering the visor. Underneath, his vision blurred, as a steady stream of moisture made it's way out of his left eye. He jumped onto his motorcycle, and was gone from Waverly before the other living men could even blink. Zak had watched the teenager leave with no small amount of concern, before starting the van he was driving and pulling out long after the motorcycle had left. He could see the path the bike had gone in the dirt road he had to go down briefly before turning onto asphalt. It seemed to weave briefly, and there was a track on the regular road as if someone had turned very quickly.

Further down the road, Joey was blinking rapidly, trying to keep his vision clear. Not only was he upset over the ghost vanishing, long withheld tears over his sick mother were finally coming out as well. He was mid-blink he came up on the sharp curve they'd turned down earlier, and he didn't see it coming in time to make the turn. By the time his vision cleared it was too late, and when he tried to make it, he hit the edge of the road, and his bike rolled, taking him with it. He couldn't even yell properly, before the bike stopped moving, landing on top of him, pinning his body down, and trapping one arm, his left, against his back. His helmet was cracked near the top middle where it struck a rock, but thankfully he didn't have a head injury underneath. He could barely move, let alone lift his head to weakly call for help. His motorcycle was barely visible from the road, only part of the front tire could be seen. He coughed, and could just make out the bitter metallic taste of blood. He'd bitten clean through his lip when he went down. He weakly lifted his head again, and barely called "help" again before having to put it back down. He could now feel pain radiating from the arm pinned to his back. It was terrible, and he had a nagging feeling it was cracked or broken.

"H..help me...please...? he whispered. The wind faintly rustled the leaves of the trees around him, and that was the only response he was getting. "Please...please..." He nearly whimpered right after saying that. He eventually started fading in and out of being awake, the pain doing a number on his currently battered body. He barely noticed the sound of tires screeching to a halt on asphalt, or the frantic shouting that came with it.

No..he had to rest...and with that his eyes slid shut under his helmet, just as someone flipped the visor up to look at him, trying to get his attention, and also trying to keep him awake. Then, darkness. Wonderful darkness...

End of chapter!
♠ ♠ ♠
well...could have been worse..if there are any errors forgive me! Hope to have new stuff done soon..but this block sucks!