Not the One

Chapter 15

When I woke up the next morning, Tina was gone. She left a note on her side of the bed.
My mom called early and I left to go meet up with her. Catch up with you later. –Tina
Maybe it was good that she left without me because I wasn’t sure I wanted to see her mom or accidentally bump into Jane. I didn’t want to go out by myself so I stayed in the hotel room.
I was glad that there was food in the fridge or else I would have had to go out and buy some myself or ask for room service. I was not about to experience that alone.
I was lying down on bed, looking out the window, watching the day change to night. I jumped out of bed when I heard Tina open the door.
“Tina, you’re back.”
“Yeah. Sorry for the last minute notice.”
“It’s okay. Maybe we can do something nice tomorrow,” I said, smiling.
“Um, I’m sorry, but I told Damien that I would meet up with him tomorrow.”
“Oh…” For a split second, I wanted to go find Jane and ask her to hang out with me, but I had no idea what her response would be.
“Yeah. We can do stuff some other day,” Tina said.
“Okay,” I said, with a slight tone of sadness.
“I’m tired. I’ll go get ready for bed,” said Tina, going inside the bathroom. I took this as a cue to not bother her with questions. I got back into my side of the bed and closed my eyes. This trip wasn’t really going as we planned. I did not expect her to meet up with her ex and I didn’t expect myself to see Jane, even though I had some idea that that was coming.

The next morning, I was still in bed, pretending to be asleep when I was actually awake. I was secretly watching Tina getting ready for her date with Damien. I knew I didn’t want Damien back in her life, but I wasn’t sure how Tina would feel about my feelings towards Jane. It was all very confusing, and I felt like I should tell Tina that I saw Jane here, and that Jane’s presence has been bothering me, but I haven’t found the right time to do so.

While Tina was out with Damien, I decided I wasn’t going to spend the day in the hotel by myself again. I got up and got dressed and went outside. I decided to have a fun day all by myself. My plan was to do everything Tina and I did on the first day we got here, but to some new places. I would finish the day off with hanging out at the Eiffel Tower. Yeah, that sounded good.