Not the One

Chapter 18

Tina and I decided to spend the rest of the night relaxing in the hot tub. There were not that many things left to do so we thought about just doing things as we went, not really coming up with a plan.
I changed into swimming shorts and sat down at the bottom of the tub. The warm water went all the way up my chin and it felt really soothing. I wished I could stay in here forever.
Tina came out of the bathroom wearing a pink bikini. She looked amazing. She quickly got into the pool and sat near me. She hugged me and I hugged her back. I loved being near her, and her vanilla scent. We both closed our eyes and enjoyed being in the hot tub. I wasn’t asleep, and neither was Tina because she gave me a peck on the lips. I opened my eyes and saw her looking at me. We both smiled and kept gazing into each other’s eyes.
The moment was ruined when my phone began to vibrate on the floor next to the tub. Tina let go of me and I dried my hands with a towel and picked up my phone. I answered it.
“Hello?” I said.
“Leo? It’s Jane.”
“Oh, hey. What’s up?”
“I just finished cooking dinner. What about you?”
“Relaxing in the hot tub.”
“Ah, how nice.” There was a short pause, then, “are you busy tomorrow?”
“Um, not that I know of. Why?”
“Because I want to hang out.”
“Oh, sure. When and where?” When I asked this, Tina cocked her head to the side, looking confused. And then she realized I was talking to Jane.
“Eiffel Tower at 11?”
“Okay, bye.”
Tina didn’t say anything. She continued to hug me, this time even harder. I didn’t want to leave her side, but I knew my feelings for Jane would never settle unless there was some way I could get over her. I had no idea what because she was the first girl I loved, and probably nothing could change my feelings for her. They were too strong to control in the first place. There was no way I could just abandon those feelings.