Not the One

Chapter 21

It was 8:00. Tina still hadn’t come back yet. It has been two hours since she left. Where did she go? I was worried, but I wanted to go to the party. I scribbled down a quick note on an orange post it and stuck it on her pillow. Hopefully she wouldn’t mind. She could always come to the party when she came back.
I fixed my hair and put on my shoes. I took the stairs and arrived at the party. There were a lot more people than I expected.
“Hey! You’re here!” Jane came over and put her arm through mine.
“Yep.”
“Where’s your girlfriend?” She asked. We were walking through the crowd. Someone walking towards her handed her a beer. She gave it to me. Since when did she drink? I never drank. I decided to try something new once again and took a gulp. The liquid burned my throat badly. I held it in and didn’t cough.
“She’s out. I don’t know if she’s coming,” I said. I took several more swigs. I was getting used to the taste. It wasn’t as bad as the first one.
“Well, have fun while you’re here.” Jane led me to a row of hammocks hung from fake trees. Several people were on them. “Chill here if you want.” I finished my beer and threw the bottle on the ground.
“Okay.” I steadied myself and slowly got up on the hammock. I could feel myself getting drunk by the second. “Jane,” I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to me.
“Yes?” She asked.
“Get me another beer?” I patted her cheek.
“Aha, sure thing.” She disappeared somewhere. Suddenly I wanted to keep drinking no matter what the consequences were. Jane came back with two beers. I thought one of them was for her, but she actually gave me both. “Here. I got you two so when you run out you won’t have to come running to me. Oh wait, you won’t even be able to get up.” She laughed. I laughed even louder. I quickly took big gulps of the beer. This stuff was good. I couldn’t believe I never tasted this before.
“Jane…” I trailed off.
“Yeah?”
I paused. “Nothing. Go on, have fun at your own party. I’ll be fine here.”
“You sure? Do you want anything to eat? I think there’s sushi,” she said.
“Nah, I’m good,” I was starting to slur my words. I didn’t care about how drunk I was. I was already finished with my second beer.
“Okay. I’ll go check on the others. I’m coming back later though, so don’t worry. You get comfortable right here.” She pushed me down a little bit more on the hammock. I adjusted myself to get in the right position. I turned to my side, facing the pool. People were playing a game in one half of the pool. In the other half, I could see some naked girls splashing each other. I wasn’t really sure because my vision was blurry.
I finished my third beer, and I was definitely drunk. I was craving more beer. “Jane!!!” I yelled. Some guys looked over at me. They noticed I was drunk, so they went back to doing their thing. Jane heard me from all the way across the land and quickly came over.
“Leo, what’s the matter?” She asked, concerned.
“I need more beeeer!” I grabbed the front of her shirt, right above her breasts.
“Whoa, mister. I’ll get it for you, gosh.” She pulled my hands off of her and went away. I wasn’t surprised when she came back with the whole cooler of beer.
“Thanks!” I pushed her away and took out two beers. I chugged both of them at the same time. Just then Fernando showed up next to Jane.
“How’re you doing, baby?” I watched him hold her waist and kissed her. I wanted to smash a beer bottle on his head. How dare he mess with MY girl. I quickly drink all of my beer. With wobbly arms, I aimed directly at Fernando’s head. It hit him on the back of his head. He screamed. Blood was sliding down the side.
“The hell, you little fuck?” He cursed. He was raging mad and coming over to me. I was too tired to defend myself, but thankfully, Jane pushed him away.
“Stop it, Fernando. He’s drunk. Don’t mind him.” Fernando was still trying to come get me. To me, Jane said, “What in the world did you do that for, Leo?”
“I… don’t know.” I sat up and pulled Jane towards me. I cupped her cheeks with my hands and then kissed her with all my passion. I wanted to do that for so long.
After a few seconds passed, she pushed me away. She was in too much shock to talk. Fernando and everyone at the party saw what just happened.
“Oh, I am so going to get you, asshole!” Fernando screamed. He pounced on top of me and gave me a huge punch in the face, followed by several more. I didn’t fight back. I deserved the wounds.