Not the One

Chapter 5

I slowly opened my eyes. My biological clock was telling me that it was time to get up. I could faintly see someone standing over me. It was Tina.
“Rise and shine!” she said. My reply was a grunt. I had to rub my eyes several times to get a clear vision. Then I saw how hot she looked at that moment. She was wearing a short, black nightgown, revealing her perfectly smooth, tan legs. Her hair was up in a ponytail.
She was staring at me. “Did you have a good night’s rest?” She asked.
“Sure did.”
“Are you ready to have fun with me today?”
“I thought I was working.” I was confused.
“No, silly. My dad said you could have today to explore. With me.”
“Okay. I need to get dressed,” I said.
“Mmkay. I’ll be waiting for you at the table.” She went outside and I heard her going down the stairs.
Was I going on a date? Not really because it wasn’t going to be planned out like one. Tina was the second girl ever that I would hang out with. I couldn’t wait to get to know her.
After I took a shower and got dressed in a blue flannel shirt and an old pair of black jeans, I went downstairs to see Tina sitting there alone.
“Where’s Daniel?” I asked.
“My dad left for work already.” She took a strawberry from a pink bowl.
“Um, may I ask where your mom is?”
“She’s in Paris right now doing some work.”
“Oh? Really? What does she do?” I was curious to know because Jane was in Paris.
“Fashion. She has her own clothing line and designs clothes. She usually goes there twice a year. I think right now she has to prepare for the Summer Fashion Show that happens every year. So, she’ll be gone until early September.”
“Hm, interesting. Are you into fashion?” I asked.
“It’s okay. I’m not that into it. I just like shopping.”
“Cool.” I grabbed a plate and filled it up with pancakes. Some looked like they were blueberry and others chocolate chip. I took a couple of both and drizzled maple syrup over them.
“So, Leo. I heard you came all the way from Iowa. How was life there like?” Tina asked, wiping her mouth with a purple napkin.
“It was quiet. Not many people around where I lived. The nearest city was several miles away.”
“I also heard that you didn’t go to college.” She said.
“Um, yeah. My parents couldn’t really afford it.” I felt lame telling her this.
“I see. That’s okay though.”
“What about you? Are you in school?”
“Yeah, I am. I go to Pepperdine here in Malibu. In the fall I will be a senior. I can’t wait to graduate!”
“Wow, that’s cool. What are you studying?”
“Oceanography. Since I’m always by the water, why not major in something I love? The marine animals and aquatic life. All so amazing to me.” She said this with awe.
We finished our breakfast.
“Okay, today’s plan will be: hanging out in town, eating somewhere, hanging out some more, eating, and then chill at the beach. Sound good?”
“Definitely.”
Tina grabbed her purse and we headed out the door. Our adventure was about to begin.