Not the One

Chapter 9

For the next month, everything was the same. I went to work for 9 hours; either ate dinner at the house or at a restaurant, and then hung out with Tina at the beach or the pool.
Every day, I got more glimpses of Tina’s body. I wished I could stop seeing her that way, but it was hard. I was a guy and I’ve never done it. She was the first girl who had excuses to show off her body in front of me. The most I had seen of Jane was of her in knee-length strapless dress, so this was different with Tina. Also, it felt as though Tina wanted to show off her body. She was acting more and more flirty each night.
Tonight we decided to stay inside because it was chilly outside. We were hanging out in my room. We were playing Monopoly together because the board game was randomly stashed in the room.
Tina yawned. “Leo, I’m tired. I’ll lie down on your bed real quick. Wake me up in 30 minutes so I could go back in my room.” She went under the covers and made herself comfortable on my pillow.
I was sitting on the floor, leaning against the side of the bed. I really wanted to snuggle next to Tina. After 10 minutes of pondering, I decided I was going to do it. If she asked, I would say I was too tired so I lied down and forgot to wake her up.
It was morning. I opened my eyes and saw Tina looking back at me. I looked down. Our clothes were still on. That was a relief, sort of.
“Hi,” I said, now wide awake.
“Good morning.” Tina said. “You must have fallen asleep and forgotten to wake me up.”
“Yes. That was exactly it.”
Tina laughed. “Okay. Let’s eat breakfast and get on with our day.”
So, I slept with Tina, but nothing happened between us at night. Well, at least not anything that I was aware of.
For the rest of the day, I kept thinking about Tina. I wished something happened. At least a kiss, maybe? But really, I should stick to reality. Did she even like me enough? She probably only saw me as a friend. Nothing was going to happen between us in two months. I was not going to confess to her like I did with Jane. There was no way I was going to suffer another heartbreak. At least with Tina, I wouldn’t be as hurt because I just met her. Jane tore my heart up, and I wasn’t sure I fully healed yet. I wished I could contact Jane somehow.