Status: The more you like it, the faster the updates.

The Taste of You and Me

6

Turning to walk up the stairs, I sighed heavily. I really hadn’t meant to make Mike look bad in front of his girlfriend. In fact, if I had known he had a girlfriend, I would have kept more of a distance; I’d have to find out which of the other guys had partners and make sure I didn’t mess anything else up.

Wiping my hands together, I realised they were still sticky from the dessert, and I was damn hungry too. I had dropped mine somewhere along the way. Frowning furiously, I glared at the plaque showing the floor number I had managed to get to: the fourth. God fucking dammit.
If the elevator wasn't fixed soon, I was going to punch someone in the face.

*

Having finally reached the twelfth floor, I pulled my keys out of my bag, and my phone too, deciding to text Tony.

Hey, T! 1st day was shite, say something to make me smile? M x

Unlocking the door to my apartment, I put my bag and phone down on the table. May was well begin unpacking as soon as possible. After washing my hands and changing my clothes, I picked up the first box. It was marked ‘bathroom’.
Guess that’s where I was starting.

*

Two hours later, I had finished setting up my bathroom properly and had almost finished my bedroom. Right now, I was sat in the middle of my bedroom, surrounded by mounds of clothes and towers of CDs and notebooks. I was mentally debating whether or not putting all my clothes in the closet was worth it; they’d only end up all over the floor again anyway.

In that moment, the doorbell rang, making me jump. Who the fuck could that be, and in at late evening, too? What if it was a mugger? Or a monster with pointy teeth?
Crawling out of my clothes cocoon, I jumped to my feet and headed to the living room to open the door, pausing to grab a frying pan from the kitchen on the way.
Doing my best to keep quiet, I tip-toed to the door and jumped as it rang again. Mentally preparing myself, I raised the frying pan (in case I needed to defend my new home) and opened the door.

“What in the name of all that is holy…!” Tony shouted, leaping back.

“What the shit are you doing here, you weird fuck?!” I demanded, brandishing my pan at him. He burst into laughter, spluttering as he struggled to keep a hold of the bags in his hands. I stared at him blankly as he fell apart.
“Dude!” I yelled after he’d been in his hysterics for what seemed like an eternity. “You didn’t answer my question.”
Tony put the bags on the floor and leant against the doorframe, holding his side until his laughter subsided.

“You said you needed something to make you smile.” he replied. I blinked stupidly as he sighed. “You texted me like two hours ago. I know it’s a little late for a reply, but a good friend wouldn’t leave you hanging.”
I rolled my eyes, picking up his plastic bags and gesturing at him to enter.

“Well, you didn’t have to come here, dumb arse.” I said, placing his bags on the kitchen worktop. He shrugged, smiling.

“I wanted to, dumbass.” he replied simply. “I thought you might need help moving some of your stuff, and I brought takeout and movies.”

I looked at him in surprise, stopping whatever it was I was doing.

“Oh,” I said, “thanks.”

“No problem. I got us some Chinese - noodles, dumplings, spring rolls...that kind of stuff.” he explained, pulling little plastic takeaway containers out of one bag. “And…” He pulled out a DVD from the other and I gasped in delight.

“Ohmygod, Revenge of the Fallen!” I squealed, clapping my hands at the sight of the movie.

“I’ve never seen a girl get so excited over Transformers.” he chuckled.

“Please. Shia LaBeouf.”

“Alright, where’s your TV?”

“Uhh...I haven’t set it up yet.” I mumbled. He shook his head, all mock exasperation.

“What a cheeseball.” he said. I giggled. “C’mon then, you weirdo, lets set it up.”

“Then we can watch TV and eat?” I asked hopefully.

“Yeah, And we’ll move some of this stuff around together, too.” he replied. I rolled my eyes, sighing heavily, shoulders slumping.

“Fine.” I conceded, pulling a face. Tony laughed at my lack of enthusiasm and I puched him gently on his arm, before giving him a quick hug.
“Seriously. Thanks.” I repeated.

“Seriously. No problem.”
♠ ♠ ♠
see, I did promise! XD
tell me what you think, loves <3

x