Status: On-going

Maho

Gishiki ya rūchin

As the alarm clock rings, I begin to wonder why I even get up in the first place. It was a cold Friday morning and last night has left me beyond exhausted. The days are closing in around me and I know there is little time, so much so that I can feel my strength subside by the hastily passing time. There is no reason for me to hide anymore, to try and live this sham of a life so I can stay alive. It all began with Salem; I know you’ve heard of it, the travesty that caused my whole clan to become exterminated and me to be exiled with my mother when I was still young. My mother was a witch; Practicing white magic and healing the sick, she was the healer of the whole village. Always looking after others before herself, she was the true picture of selflessness. Her one fatal flaw being that she allowed the whole village care and was overly trusting of them. When the Salem witch trials began, she was safe for a long time; The villagers wished her no harm. All except Omoni Seijin, an overly religious man of the Shinto church who believed that all witches were in fact, evil.
Seijin knew that the only way to exterminate this witch would be to get close to her and earn her trust; he was just about the only person on earth she didn’t trust. Over the days he began to study her routine and follow her around her various errands and even helped out on many of them. He would talk to her kindly and ask her questions about her life and origins. Seijin was in over his head, for the heart of a young man can be corrupted by even the purest of beings with sin in their soul. He fell in love. My mother was skeptical at first but then returned those very feelings. Reluctant to be forever entwined to a mere mortal, she thought alone for many days about this. Such a relationship was a taboo at the time; regardless of the consequences, they soon got married.
I was the product of said marriage.As a half blood child I was in danger of constant ridicule and even threats to my life. I was four when I went to preschool for the first time, it was great! I finally felt like a normal child! There I was, the whole future ahead of me; school, college and a family all waiting in the midst. A normal life! I loved the idea of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has been an idea I've had since I was in the fifth grade! Now i'm making it reality!