Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 12

Time was flying during the shoot an she got some really awesome shots.The guys were relaxed and didn’t need much direction at all…they were pros. Dave liked the idea that Matt had proposed, taking some backstage pictures before or after the show and handed her an AAA Backstage Pass. Dave was about to leave with the guys to drive off to his place to get another hour or so of rest before the soundcheck, and she was planning on getting another few hours of sleep as well, she could feel tiredness creeping up in her, causing her to jawn every so often. Before Dave took off with the guys, Matt came over to her again. He smiled at her, his hand carefully touching he face as she dissembled her camera equipment.

“Don’t you worry about a thing Lea, it’s gonna be fun tonight! Just be yourself and there won’t be any problems heading our way. You are a pretty amazing girl, just the way you are, can’t wait to see you later!”

He leaned in and softly, their lips locked in one more passionate kiss. She didn’t want him to leave her, or take his hands from her waist.

“When are you guys heading back to Cali? Do you have time to stick around for a few days or are you leaving on Sunday?”

He could hear her insecurity and even see it in her eyes, her whole posture had changed. She was so different from the previous night, although he doubted that she was an insecure person in general. It almost seemed like she had asked this type of question many times before, hoping that his answer would be a different one than the ones she had received before.

“Your ex must have been touring a lot, Dave told me he’s in a band as well, in fact, I know some of their music. Feels like you had to beg him a lot to make some time for you. Sorry Lea, but we have some recording stuff we gotta do back home-“

He could see the disappointment in her eyes though she was trying to mask it, unsuccessfully

“- but why don’t you come to Cali with us? Would be so great to have you around to take my mind off things. And Michael would be real excited to see you again, since ages, he’s talking about you! On second thought…he might kill me if he ever finds out about you and me.”

She burst into loud laughter after he reckoned that Michael would not be happy at all that his mate had been a step quicker than him, snatching away the girl he had been chasing since…forever!

“Better be worth it then! But I can’t just take off on a holiday, I have all next week booked with jobs, that I can’t just cancel on such short notice. Plus, I need to get your pictures edited. Dave is a great friend, but when it comes to business and deadlines, he can be a fucking bastard! I appreciate the offer, maybe another time.”

Now it was Matt, who was barely able to hide his disappointment. Yes, Michael had talked about Lea a lot when he had come back from NYC, having met her through Dave and all, saying that she was a good looking, fun-loving girl, but normally, half the things he said were bullshit, so nobody really paid attention to his random mumbling, it was too hard to sough out, what was important and what wasn’t. Matt had not expected to meet any girl this weekend he might fall for, after all, it was a 3 day trip! That he saw himself falling for this girl in particular, the one that Michael hadn’t stopped talking about - what were the odds! Most people expected the front man of an internationally known Rock/ Metal band to be a complete womanizer, but he was far from it. Most girls interested in him these days wanted him for his fame that came along with it. He never liked to be associated to someone like Lea’s ex, who apparently took all the groupies and other offers he was getting. He simply liked hanging out with his band mates, who were his best friends since school days, make music and enjoy life as it was. No steady girlfriend had been in the picture since Val had split up with him about 1 year ago. And in the 13 years they had been together, she had not been unfaithful to her once!

“Ok, deal. In 2 weeks time then! It’s my mom’s 60th birthday that weekend, let’s get that whole ‘let’s meet the family’ crap out of the way, I hate it!”

They both started laughing again, and she slapped his ass hard. She loved the way he was able to just make fun of everything that was serious in the slightest, hoping people wouldn’t notice that he felt a little uncomfortable about it.

"Sure, sounds good to me! However, I am not your girlfriend, so don’t you dare telling your family that they gonna meet your ‘new girl’ ! And you better be leaving now, Dave looks a little impatient over there.”

He scooted over to the waiting SUV and it quickly left. She couldn’t help but smile, as she put various components of her camera into the big aluminium case. She was in fact interested in the holiday idea. She had never been to California, and knowing that Dave would be delighted to offer her one of his many guest rooms. The two of them had been talking about her coming over ever since he had moved over to the West Coast, but their busy schedules had never really allowed them to realize that plan. Plus, she was somewhat keen on getting to know Matt better, when he was on his own turf.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know...it is starting very slow...but trust me, the next 3-4 chapters are developing veeeery fast, and a lot of shit is going to happen!