Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 15

The cell phone was ringing for the fourth time now, and still nobody was picking up so far. Lea was about to disconnect the call.

“Yeaaahhhh, who’s interrupting?”

She suddenly heard a very annoyed female voice on the other end. Lea was surprised and wasn’t able to respond, she hadn’t expected a girl.

“I can hear you breath…who is this? Some people are trying to have something like a healthy sex- life here!”

“Sorry, I must have dialled the wrong number.”

Lea mumbled quickly and ended the call and stared at the phone in utter confusion and amazement. She double checked the number again…after all his ranting, Dave could have at least give her the correct number, dammit. What had the girl said? Something about sex…great, she had just interrupted someone’s breeding! Maybe Dave had mixed up some digits. But he was usually immaculate when it came to passing on details. Just as she was picking up her cell again to call Dave, it started vibrating, an incoming call. It was from the number she had just dialled a minute ago. She gave herself a push and flipped her phone open again.

“Hello? Who’s this?”

She heard Matt’s familiar and comforting voice on the other end, slightly out of breath.

“It’s Lea. I am…sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt any-…”

“Lea!”

He cut her off immediately after she had said her name, relief and happiness in his tone. She could hear the same female voice from before in the background, cursing under her breath somewhere near to Matt.

“I…I just gonna call another time. It’s obviously not the best moment right now. You have my number now, just call me when it’s more convenient for you.”

She just ended the call, not listening to what he was replying to her. She was completely spooked out. This was the same way she had found out about Jay’s last flirt and she could remember his lies and attempts to make it seem harmless. Great way to try and get in touch with someone she had thought was desperately trying to get in touch with her cause he wanted to be with her.
Maybe she had been wrong about Matt. Yes, he had been real nice to her, knew how to make her smile and they had shared some passionate kisses, but at no time had he said he wanted to start dating her or anything. Prince Charming, who had unexpectedly entered her life; it was too good to be true. From what Dave was suggesting he had wanted to get in touch with her for the past 3 months, especially after she had disappeared from the gig, without another word. Maybe Dave was mistaking Matt’s interest, and instead of ‘love-sick’ as he called it, Matt just wanted to catch up with Lea in general. Dave was too good a friend to give out any of her numbers, she had begged him not to, she wanted to be the one to chose the right time for getting in touch ith Matt.

She browsed through pictures on her computer, looking at the few pics she had taken backstage with Avenged Sevenfold when they had been in New York. She noticed a smirk on her lips, when she looked at the pictures that Zacky had taken of her and Matt. Just before Jay had walked in on them, wasting the perfectly good atmosphere. Matt was laughing, kissing her neck, his strong arms tightly wrapped around her waist. They both seemed radiant, her smiling from his kisses, she could see the sparkle in both her’s and his eyes, their faces radiant and slightly blushed.

“You stupid, stupid cow, lea!”

She whispered to herself. Looking at these pictures mad her realize, how much she had missed him these past few months. And by the recent phone call, it seemd that he had finally moved on, having lost interest in waiting for her to get in touch with him, the whole silent treatment she had given him.
The sudden urge to explain herself to him was intense, but she couldn’t possibly call him back right now, she was way too intimidated, seen that he was apparently ‘busy’ right now with some other woman. She changed the filter on the picture to black & white and increased the contrast a little bit. This one picture of them simply looked great! Both laughing. No posing…almost like a snapshot. He had his arm around her shoulder, some of his face covered by her uncontrollable curls. Zacky was pretty good in taking pictures, she was almost a little impressed. Instantly, she jumped up from her chair, feeding her top-of-the-market printer with glossy photo paper. It did take her another minute or so to fine tune all the filters on the pic for an almost perfect result. With a dreamy smile on her full lips, she hit the ‘Print’ button and waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
...uh-oh...what's she planning now?