Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 2

The vibration of her phone finally managed to wake her up. The deep humming went straight through the wooden nightstand until she picked it up, trying to decypher the Called ID with squinted eyes. She cleared her throat before managing to pick up.

"Morning Dave. Isn't it a bit early to call me? You're completely fucking up my beauty sleep, you know how much I depend on it!"

She yawned shamelessly, turning over to her side, closing her tired eyes again. The dream that Dave had awaken her from was still haunting around in her head and she needed to try concentarte on the call even more.

" It's all lies anyhow Lea, you never needed the beauty sleep, you only use it as a convenient excuse to leave early when you don't like one of my many parties! Sandra told me about split-up with Jay, you alright?"

Lea was too tired and annoyed, trampling out this topic at this time of day. She sincerely hoped, that gossip wasn't the only reason for this early morning wake-up call.

"Babe, I bet your beloved sister has told you everything already, at least her side of the story, I seriously don't wanna start off this perfectly fine day on a bad memory. If Jay is the only reason you're calling me: please call back in 2-3 hours, and I may answer all your silly questions."

She heard him giggle.

"Alright alright, you do know me too well! But hey, there is actually another reason I'm calling ya up for. I'll be coming into town for a few days with a band from around here. Just wanted to ask if you're free to do a shoot for them while were there? Would be over the weekend."

She should have known, really. With Dave's early morning calls was always some business involved. The prospect of working for him and one of the many bands he babysitted while on the road, helped her wake up. Lea swung her legs over the edge of the bed and sat up.

"I know I have something going on this Thursday, some tattooed chick, but I think I should be free for the weekend. Do you need to know now...or can I call ya back once my eyes have adjusted to the light?"

She was making her way into the living room, hoping to find her diary somewhere between the stacks of photography and music magazines, strewn around the coffee table.

"Would be great if you could confirm that now. If you're not free I'd have to completely re-organize my plans."

"What is that supposed to mean? Did you already sort out location and make up and tell people it was happening? You're always jumping the gun on me like this Dave...you know, one of these days I will say 'No' !"

One look into her diary verified, that she'd be completely free for the weekend. Shoots for Dave were always fun. Not only did he leave her completely free hand when it came to finding locations, but the few bands that she had shot for him so far, were all great people, and she was still in contact with some of them, privatly and business.

"No way! I'd never let anyone else find locations, you know I almost worship you when it comes to that! But, ehm, I organised a little party at a small bar I used to hang out at coz the guys really wanna meet you before the shoot. Think Michael told them about your, ehm, talent."

She had to smile. She had met Michael and the rest of the guys from Bullet For My Valentine over Dave almost 2 years ago, and they were still in regular contact. He had admitted very early on having a huge crush on her, but her realtionship with Jay didn't really give Lea the freedom and space to socialize with Michael...his jealousy had a tight grip on her social life...especially when it came to men. Michael most likely didn't know yet, that she was back on the dating market...he would have contacted her by now if he would've known, she was pretty certain of that.

"Right! Anyhow, it looks like I am all free from Thursday afternoon onwards. Do you have any idea of what you're looking for in location for the shoot? What kind of band is it? Do I know them?"

Once again, she heard his deep laughter, it brought back memories of good times.

"You know damn well what kind of bands I am touring with Lea! But I guess we can leave this part of the think-tank until you meet the guys on Thursday evening. You still remember where Duff's is? We'll all meet there I guess, after we get in from the airport. Some of my old NYC buddies will come over too. Hell, can't wait to see you again, it has been way too long!!! You know I sometimes miss you more than I miss my sister!"

"Stop being all emotional on me, ya always making me blush saying shit like this! I'll see you at Duff's Dave. Try not to et your pants over it! Love ya!"

With this, she sunk back to bed: it was already 2pm. She should have really apologized for her rant, that he had woken her up too early.