Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 28

“What’s the story Matt, ain’t it a bit early for you?”

I admitted, he was the last person I wanted to talk to right now, and he certainly had to hear it in my voice, that I was less than impressed about his early call. My heart was still racing, my breath unsteady, he surely must have noticed that he didn't just wake me up.
Lea's slender fingers started gliding over my chest, barely touching my skin, yet causing my skin to turn goose bumps, sending shivers of pleasure down my spine. Fuck, this woman knew how to work her magic with me!

"Where the fuck are you Baker? I have been banging on your house door the past 15 minutes and have been trying to call you since hours! Open the door - NOW!"

I was unwilling to move, Lea now playing with my free hand, raising it to her lips, breathing soft kisses onto each and every digit of my right hand.

"Sorry man, I am a complete mess, too much drink, sex and too little sleep."

I attempted to give him a reassuring giggle, as she slipped my index finger in her mouth and started circling it with her tongue playfully, before gently sucking it.

"I wouldn't care less if you'd be half- dead at the moment Zacky, open the friggin' door, we need to talk! You got a lot of explaining to do!"

As he was still speaking, I could hear the door bell from downstairs again, followed by another hard kick. Shit, I did have to go down there, otherwise he would definitaly kick in the door, I knew to what he was capable when in a fury.

"Ok, take a chill pill Matt! Lemme just put some clothes on. And stop kicking my door you bastard!"

I screamed the last words into the phone, before disconnecting the call. Lea was now looking up, questions in her eyes. She had not stopped touching me however, and to my satisfaction, her small hand was neatly wrapped around my yet-hard-again dick. It was clear what she wanted, but there was now ay I could fuck her again right now, with Matt boiling up a storm down there.

"Sorry babe, we gotta move quickly. Shads will murder me in cold blood if he finds you in my bed, or anywhere in my house for that matter! Could you like, uhm, grab your stuff and hide in the closet or something, until I am able to get him out of the house again?"

I was surprised that she didn't frown her brows in protest, but followed my instructions without hesitation. I could see, that she was still aroused though, her nipples were still hard and perking up. She quickly shoved her suitcase and messenger bag underneath my large bed and walked towards the walk-in wardrobe, still butt-naked. I quickly put on a pair of old sweat pants: Great! Greeting Matt with a full hard- on would make a great impression on him! I rushed over to Lea, kissing her wound lips once more, before she closed the closet door from the inside, and I finally sprinted down the stairs.

On the way down, I was trying to comtemplate with how I would behave when Matt was confronting me with accusations of having told Lea everything about him and Ebony, because this was definitaly the reason he was here, Syn and Dave having snitched on me, that I had taken her to the house last night, while he was inside with Ebony. My conclusion was to let my natural charm play...as long as I stayed calm and didn't freak out about him being in my face about shit, he was most likley to buy it. Not that Matt was stupid, but he knew me too long, and had never really doubted anything I had told him. Not that there ever had been reason to lie to him...until now! 'All was fair in Love and War' -or at least that's what people kept quoting in such situations!
I took a deep breath in, slowly exhaling, before opening the door. Matt's face looked like he was about to pop a vein! His face was carrying anger and confusion, even a little worry and guilt. I was amazed at the mixture of expression on him, as he stared back at me, harshly pushing me out of the way, stomping past me.

"Zacky! You fucking better have some good explaination as to where you and Lea disappeared to last night, and why she seems to have gone from the face of the earth completely! Dave and me have been trying to get through to her for the past 3 hours - and to you for this matter, why the fuck didn't you answer your phone?"

He was now pacing up and down in front of the huge TV in my den area, pumping his fists open and close, most likely trying not to clench them or swing 'em at me. At this point in time I was damn relieved that the old sweat pants were of thick material, throwing creases at all the right places, impossible for him to notice my hard- on, he would have had the nerve to storm up there to check if Lea, or anyone else, was up in my bed, the condition he was in.

"I'm sorry, I was pretty much molested by some random girl at Dave's last night, and she practically dragged me back to her place, we had crazy sex for hours, I just got back a few hours ago and fell into comatose alcohol slumber. Just woke up with your last call. What's the whole riot act about anyhow? I didn't do anything with Lea, nor have I told her anything. Maybe she got bored and went out drinking or something...not like you were being good company to her, leaving her stuck with me and Syn."

Shit, his piercing eyes did indicate that my last sentence has been way above the radar of what little sarcasm I was allowed to drop in this sort of situation. However, he seemed to steady himself, finally sitting down on the big couch, fidgeting around with his fingers. I was more than relieved that he was sitting, having a raging man Matt's size towering over you was certainly nothing I wished on anyone.

"Syn and Dave said you dragged her towards the house making a comment that suggested you would tell on me and Ebony. And after that, they never seen her or you re-join the party anymore."

His voice seemed calmer, but I noticed that he was breathing heavily, trying to manage with his anger. At least some of the tips he had gotten during the Anger Management weekend seemed to have found use!

"Matt, I was drunk and pissed that you were fucking that stupid red-haired bimbo, while Lea, pretty and amazing as she is, was sitting out there with us, dreaming of your lips or whatever. I mean, not that I usually care who you're fucking, but Lea is real nice,and she came all the way to see you. But did you think I would tell on you? Come on, you should know me better than that! Ask Syn and Dave: she said she was cold and wanted to grab a hoodie, thought it might be best if someone went with her, so she wouldn't investigate, if she heard any strange noises. But I only got as far as the kitchen, that girl was about to fuck me on the spot, and I lost track of Lea. I have no idea where she went."

He looked up at me with doubt embedded in his eyes. He wanted to believe me, but both Dave and Syn having put an idea in his head, he just wasn't sure. Plus, he knew that I had been a little short-fused lately, due to lack of sex and lack of sleep. Recording sessions always drained me to bits, but I wasn't able to sleep.

"Hell Matt, look at the deep scratches on my back, do you really think I did those myself? I am sure your beloved Lea will turn up sooner or later, all her things are at Dave's place. If she 's seen you with Ebony in action, I can understand that she left, in order to clear her head, I mean, she came all the way from NYC and then that! If she did see or hear anything that is. She's 26, as old as we are, she's well able to take care of herself."

It was clear, that Matt had come to the same conclusion, but hearing it from me, with my now calm and steady voice, he seemed to take it in much better, accepting what lies I was feeding him with. Karma will surely get me for this one day!
He let his head drop into his hands, sighing out loudly, I was almost expecting him to start crying. But he didn't. The only time I had seen my friend like this had been, when Val had left him, after the two of them having been a unity for the better of 13 years. Her reasoning was, that she wasn't able to put up with the constant touring anymore, that she felt alone and that even when he was off your, he'd be busy with interviews, photo shoots or recordings. It had been hard for Val to take this step, and it had taken at least 7 months, before Matt had even started looking after girls again. Seeing him like this made me feel sorry, and I wanted to offer him a friendly hug or something, but although I felt touched about seeing this guy's strong facade crumble, it didn't change a single thing about the way I felt for Lea. True, I hardly knew the girl, but so did he! I had hardly talked to her on the trip to New York, but I had caught up on that mistake yesterday, we had been hanging for hours at the beach, before and during the party. I loved the way she spoke her mind, the way she play- flirted, the way her ebony coloured eyes seemed to laugh, her soft smile, her naturally darker skin tone, the way he had felt when he had been inside her...

"Zack! Are you even friggin' listening to me?"

Matt barked at me, and I had to shake off the thoughts of Lea's naked body underneath mine, turning my attention fully back to him.

"Sorry Sanders, I'm still half asleep. What did you say?"

Oh damn, I could be so innocent when I wanted to, always good to surprise myself!

"I said she took her stuff from Dave's place, it's not there anymore. She must have left in a hurry last night, while we were still partying. Fuck man, she must have seen me and Ebony, why else would she fuck off without telling anyone? Damn Ebony, I just went inside with her, so she wouldn't cause havoc when I'd tell her it was over, that she was only a rebound. There was no way I wanted her to make a scene in front of everybody, especially not in front of Lea. But that woman knows how to push my buttons man, one thing let to another...-"

"Wow, stop right there, I really don't need to hear that, seriously! But if Lea's stuff is all gone, she's either at a hotel or went straight back home. Sorry I am of no better help man, but I hardly knew the girl, and I bet my blood still consists of 70% alcohol, I am no use, unless I am getting at least another 5 hours sleep."

I knew, that leaving now, could have 2 results: either Matt freaking out on me again, seen that he wasn't really finished talking yet, or him accepting my retreat, meaning that he had made peace with my arguments and was believing me. I sincerely hoped that it would be the second option, as I wouldn't be able to lie to Matt for much longer, without digging myself even deeper holes to fall into.
I walked towards the staircase, hearing another one of his deep sighs. I turned my head slightly, seeing how he got up from the couch. His head was still dropped to his chest, his eyes fixed on the tiled floor.

"I am sorry for accusing you of doing anything Zack, but having both Syn and Dave in my ears- I should have known better, should have asked you before almost kicking your door in. If you can think of anything, you'll make sure you let me know, right?"

I raised my hand as in a silent agreement, as I continued trotting up the stairs.

"Damn Zack, that girl last night must have been off her chops, them scratches look scary! Ya gotta introduce me if the whole thing with Lea falls through, might need someone to treat me rough for fucking up this bad!"

I was glad to hear a little smile in his voice, I could see the hint of a smile on his face without having to turn towards him. He'd survive it. It might take a while, seen that the last major heartbreak had been fairly recent, but he'd survive it. I was sure of that. Then again, if not:
All is fair in Love and War!
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go sweet-cheeks...rather long, i know, but hey: you's deserve it! Next chapter will be up a little later today! leave me comments if ya like it!