Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 29

Two weeks had passed and Lea was still in Huntington Beach, crashing at Zacky's place, without Dave, Matt or any of the other guys knowing. The only person that did know was Sandra back in New York, since she was the one that had to cover for Lea, seen that Dave and everyone else involved thought that she had gone back to New York. Sandra had thrown a fit when Lea had told her about not only Matt lying and cheating on her, but that her brother had been involved in the lies as well, and she was a more than cunning assistant in keeping Dave and the guys in the dark about Lea's true where-abouts. Dave was calling her almost every day asking if Lea had forgiven him and Matt, pleading with her to pass on the message, that all the guys, and Matt in particular, felt terrible that they had lied to her. She almost enjoyed it too much, telling her brother and Matt what Lea had 'supposedly' said, mainly containing a lot of colourful language.
In the meantime, Zacky and Lea were using every free minute to spend time with each other. Mainly involving sexual activities. Whenever he could steal himself away from the studio, even if it was only half an hour, he would drive home like a mad man, have instense sex with her, hating it when he had to leave again. At this stage, it wasn't only the sex anymore, it had become so much more for the both of them. It was the feeling of their skin on each other, the way they entwined their fingers when watching TV, words they whispered before drifting of into deep sleep and the way that they exchanged looks, that made her wanna stay. She was staying at his home a lot, hardly ever going out, in fear, that one of the others might bump into her or something: if Zacky was able to steal himself away from the studio, so could the others!
She had become daring, calling him on his cell whenever she needed to hear his voice, even if he was in the studio, or out with the guys having some drinks. He loved it when she called him, with that kind of voice, she definitaly was in the wrong business! He didn't bother leaving the room when she called, he loved the way the guys looked at him, wondering who he was talking to, exchanging whispered words of longing. Everytime he heard her voice, he wanted nothing more but to get into his car and drive straight home into her arms, to smother her with kisses and his love. Yes, he was madly and deeply in love with her! There was no other way he could describe the feeling he had for her.
He never said her name out loud when the guys were around of course, and it had become some what of a game between Lea and him: if the guys only knew who he was talking to!
Matt on the other hand had split up with Ebony 2 days after Lea's 'disappearing act' and it was hard to ignore, that his mistake was eating away on him from the inside. He was depressed as none of the guys had seen him before, he was snappy, short- fused and most vocal tracks they had recorded were dripping of despair and anger...the only positive aspect of this whole situation!

----------------------

It was a Friday afternoon, Zacky and the guys were sitting in the studio listening to the rough mixes they had done earlier in the day. His cell vibrated, and he dug it out of his jeans, a smile rushing over his face as he recognized his house phone number on the display.

"Ah great, here we go, his smile says it all: Mystery Woman is calling again! Did any of you guys actually ever meet that chick? She's got this idiot on a high since the last 2 weeks now, never thought he could stay excited about the same woman for longer than a night!"

Syn laughed, looking at the others as they nodded their heads in agreement. None of them had met that girl yet, and it almost felt, as if Zacky liked the fact that they didn't know her.

"Must be the one that he rooted after Dave's party. You guys should have seen the marks of her nails on his back the morning after the party, and he still had a hard on thinking of her when I was there."

Matt threw in, cracking the first smirk of the day. Zack had heard his comment, and was flipping him the bird, though he started smiling as well.

"Yeah babe, we're heading out for drinks in a bit, but I promise I won't stay too long. Can't leave my lust object by herself on a Friday night, can I now?"

Zack cooed into the phone, his fingers carefully tucking on his septum ring. He was nervous. He had no problems talking to her, but all the guys were looking at him and listening to every word he said.

"What? Are you kidding me? Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday today you cow! I didn't get you anything! Ok, never mind my plans, I am wrapping things here up and will be over in no time!"

"Tell her to come out with us for drinks Zack! We wanna meet the woman that keeps your cock go hard every time you hear her voice!"

Jimmy screamed, intending for the woman on the other end to hear him. Zacky blushed a little, and that certainly was a first! No one had ever seen Zack blush! In fact, none of them had seen him this taken by a girl in...years! Though something was off. Usually when the guys had girlfriends, they would not hide them away, but invite them to nights out, or even drag them to the studio every once in a while, but this time, Zacky was successfully denying his friends to meet his recent crush, he hardly ever talked about her in fact. And when he did, his eyes gave this spark, a mischievous smile playing around his lips.

"Yeah Baker, too afraid she'd fall for one of us if you'd let her meet us? Bring her along tonight, we have to ask her how she manages to keep you this much under her spell!"

Zacky glanced over to Dave, as if caught out, when Dave's phone went off with a rather annoying beeping tone. He quickly checked it. It was a reminder: Lea's 27th birthday! How could he've forgotten! This was a weird coincident, seen that Zacky had ust mentioned, that it was his girl's birthday as well, but then again, there were millions of people in the US born on this day, he didn't even know how old Zack's girl was.

"Did you hear Jimmy and Dave? They wanna meet you. Are you serious? I dunno babe...that-"

he felt the eyes of the others resting on him. This time, he couldn't take the stares no more, stood up and left the room, sitting down on the carpeted floor outside the room. He hated having to hide his love for Lea from Matt and the guys, Zacky wanted to show the world how much they loved each other! However much in love he was, he couldn't help but feel like a traitor towards Matt and Dave for various obvious reasons. Since 2 weeks, Shads and Dave were trying to get in touch with Lea, Matt had even almost resorted flying out to NYC to turn up at her place, begging for forgivness, but Dave had told him off. Zack knew that Matt loved her, but he knew as well that he had fucked up royally, doing the exact same her ex had done, and Lea was not about to fall back into old pattern and forgive him. She had done that the past 5 years, and was not willing to ever do it again!

"I have been at a tattoo parlour all day, you so gonna freak when you see what I got done Zachary!I am loving it so much already! We really should go out party. Not that I don't like your place, but I think I already know every pattern on the tiles in the den, staring at them for the past 2 weeks. I don't care what the guys think, I wanna go out and celebrate my birthday in style! I wanna go out with my boyfriend and have a good time!"

Boyfriend! This had been the first time she had been using this term. And the hell, he loved it! But her wanting to go out and meet with the guys brought up a lot of different scenarios, in all of them Matt ending up taking a swing at him.

"And I went birthday shopping today as well. I am warning you Zacky: you won't be able to keep your hands off me tonight! Just tell me when and where, I really have to get out and party!"

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean...hell, I really wanna go out and have a great night out with you and the guys, but you don't know Matt when he gets angry! And seeing you with me is gonna kill him, just before he buries his fist in my face!"

He paused, waiting for her reply. All this time he hadn't been able to tell her the real reason why he didn't want her to meet with the guys, especially with Matt, especially when alcohol was involved. He simply didn't want to admit his own insecurities: his fear was that she would forgive Matt and fall for him again, leaving Zacky behind.

"Babe! Don't you worry your precious head over nothing! I am not having hot, passionate sex and hour-long cuddling sessions with you for no reason! I love you Zack! Trust me, you'll see what I am talking about tonight. Please...let us go out!

Not only had she been able to read his silence correctly, but once more, he surprised him with her bluntness: did she just tell him she loved him? He started smiling, getting up from the floor, entering the studio again. Confessing her love gave him all the confidence he needed, there was no way he could deny her anything! The guys looked up at him as he sat back down in the spot he had occupied before, noticing the never-fading smile on his face, whenever he talked to 'babe' !

"Ok, if you wanna do this, we do it! Remember theplace we drove by the other day? With the barbed wire in the window?"

The guys knew straight away, which club he was talking about. Excess was one of the only clubs around that was playing decent music. Brian and Jimmy giggled, as they've seen through Zacky's reason of wanting to go to this club in particular! There would be a lot of hot chicks, tailing all of the band members, giving him the chance to just disappear with his girl, into one of the many dark corners or the backrooms!

"Baker! You fucked that poor girl for 2 weeks straight! Give her a break, it's her birthday dammit, she might want to go out without having to perform for you!"

Jimmy blurted out, high- fiving Brian, whowas laughing his chops off. Matt, Johnny and Dave brightened up as well, as Jimmy's comment enlightened them.